Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Experiencer
That is really beautiful, Summerland. What a moving experience it must have been.

While I agree completely with the wonderful sentiments Summer put forth, I had a slightly different reaction to the OP, in that I simply wanted to agree that I have never been able to understand how most human beings work. I don't just mean indifference to social injustice or lack of curiosity toward the bigger questions (though those are certainly part of the mystery), but in a more fundamental sense I have always felt like an alien among the people around me.
The things I find pleasure in and importance in seem to be meaningless to others and vice versa, and the way most people spend their lives - rushing about like a hurricane trying to do many different things at once, while never actually seeming to achieve anything or having anything to show for this hard work afterwards - is baffling too. Family and friends actively disapprove of my "differentness" and keep trying to make me "normal", yet I have a simple life and am happy, while they have a very complicated one which they complain about all the time. I'm not sure why they would wish to entrap me in such a peculiar business. I think we create our own complications.

I struggle to feel a part of this world. It has always felt like I was observing it rather than joining in.

There is a plus side to this, which is when I meet one of the very rare people who seem to be on the same wavelength as I am, I feel a very strong connection with that person and my whole body seems to vibrate with happiness. I feel a strong affection toward many people in this forum because of this, as many of you seem to be just as loopy.
Old 20-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Summerland

But do you see, Westleigh, you are exactly saying what I had said in my previous incarnation? "Having more is not always better" What I had discovered by living among the poor was that they were often happier and more loving than their rich counterparts. They would try to help each other; yet the rich could care less about the poor folks who were being drenched by the passing carriages. I could see the huge mansions from above, and the poor hovels that most lived in. But the mansions were barren of true happiness. So , more is not always better. That was the life that I learned the most from, Westleigh. And even now driving past big mansions, I will wonder about the families that live their, wondering if having more makes them truly happy.
Old 20-01-2011, 03:01 PM
ShamanWoman

I've felt out of place my whole life. I totally relate to both Summerland and Westleigh. There are so many people on this planet whose lives revolve around *having* instead of *being*. They get caught up in doing and obtaining and labeling. The whole rat race thing has always baffled me, in particular. Why would you waste such an enormous amount of your life being at a place you don't want to be, doing things that don't actually mean anything at the end of the day? The same with school - why are math and science important but not art and music? People are too caught in the physical plane and all of its rules. It's simply oppressive. Things like love and kindness and compassion are scorned and unappreciated instead of cultivated. I just don't get it.
Old 20-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Have any of you got this Human experience sussed yet?

Nope. I hope I never do, then it might be quite boring lol

I feel like a stranger even when I am amongst friends, or a stranger when I look into mirrors as well. Everything seems so foreign at times, the human experience is a wonderful one but it can be so dang confusing all the time, sometimes

See what I mean??
Old 20-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Neville

I am back, I posted just prior to embarking on a busy day in a world that I don't fully understand yet. I guess there are many things i don't get.

Wars are a good example of what I don't get also, what is war all about ? Beats me.!

I am sure if I continue to add things that i dont understand about humanity, you will kind of get where I am coming from with my OP. It's just that sometimes I feel so darned out of kilter with the motivations of some people.

Robert, Self discovery is quiet difficult for the intellectually impaired like me, for I too would appear to have a number of complexities. I used to be fine, but then all that stuff about "What is the I " threw me :) Apperantly the I is an invention we employ in this life. Which is cool, but the I seems only relevant for the carnate. I wonder If my Cat has an I ..... It certainly seems to have thoughts based upon instinct, hunting, feeding etc. Perhaps having this I may be the top and bottom of the issue.

Finding out who the I is in relation to the environment, looking upon my fellow humans and their actions and thinking, I am one of them.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Master
Things I totally don't get.

Why age, appearance, circumstance, job, etc etc are important in any way shape or form. Like...why??? Listen to my words and tell me your story if you want to know or understand me - otherwise you're just getting more comfortable with your opinion of my shirt or my car.

And I'm sure this makes no sense. Danged language isn't enough.

Old 21-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Things I totally don't get.

Why age, appearance, circumstance, job, etc etc are important in any way shape or form. Like...why??? Listen to my words and tell me your story if you want to know or understand me - otherwise you're just getting more comfortable with your opinion of my shirt or my car.

And I'm sure this makes no sense. Danged language isn't enough.

dang right Kaere..your post makes a whole lot of sense to me. Its judgement.
Old 21-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I am back, I posted just prior to embarking on a busy day in a world that I don't fully understand yet. I guess there are many things i don't get.

Wars are a good example of what I don't get also, what is war all about ? Beats me.!

I am sure if I continue to add things that i dont understand about humanity, you will kind of get where I am coming from with my OP. It's just that sometimes I feel so darned out of kilter with the motivations of some people.

Robert, Self discovery is quiet difficult for the intellectually impaired like me, for I too would appear to have a number of complexities. I used to be fine, but then all that stuff about "What is the I " threw me :) Apperantly the I is an invention we employ in this life. Which is cool, but the I seems only relevant for the carnate. I wonder If my Cat has an I ..... It certainly seems to have thoughts based upon instinct, hunting, feeding etc. Perhaps having this I may be the top and bottom of the issue.

Finding out who the I is in relation to the environment, looking upon my fellow humans and their actions and thinking, I am one of them.
Hi Neville, when you speak of the I what do you mean, the i of the mind body or the I of pure Essence, which is the One and only I.
Old 21-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Neville

I am me Robert So it is me that I, is the particular I , that I am talking about, I had no idea I had three of them Now not only do I need to find One I but I have three to be looking for Now I'm just not making any kind of sense
Old 21-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I would feel more comfortable if I were back in my own time with my own family in my own country speaking my own native language...*laughs*