Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Enlightener

Can anyone here, if you have a psychedelic experience, explain what happened to you while you were taking the drug. I am interested to know the effects such as hallucinations, feelings, divine or spiritual thoughts or any profound or mind expanding ideas you had whilst on the drug.

Thankyou,
Enlightener
Old 18-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Administrator
I'm interested to know of people's encounters/views on herbal/natural substances, such as Salvia Divinorum, Morning Glory etc.

The Native Americans and shamans of various other cultures & societies have been recorded as frequently using natural herbs or substances in their spiritual quests...
...Sigh...
Mortality is as fragile as a Rose.
(From a note found on an Altar next to a single red Rose, signed by "The Goth Bride")
Love is the most important thing in the world...
http://www.devolution.co.uk | http://www.mattwarne.com | http://www.voluptas.info
Old 21-08-2006, 05:08 PM
developing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devolution
I'm interested to know of people's encounters/views on herbal/natural substances, such as Salvia Divinorum, Morning Glory etc.

The Native Americans and shamans of various other cultures & societies have been recorded as frequently using natural herbs or substances in their spiritual quests...

I for one have used many drugs whilst in my younger days especially ecstacy and can clearly say that those were the best days and nights of my life so far! I also believe that I had many spiritual experiences whilst on these drugs especially when I'd lay on my bed put some Euphoric dance music on and as stupid as it may sound- I used to float around my bedroom!

not tried any halluciagenics yet but would be willing to try some salvia as i believe it opens us up to the astral

best wishes

developing1
Old 21-08-2006, 05:36 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by developing1
I for one have used many drugs whilst in my younger days especially ecstacy and can clearly say that those were the best days and nights of my life so far! I also believe that I had many spiritual experiences whilst on these drugs especially when I'd lay on my bed put some Euphoric dance music on and as stupid as it may sound- I used to float around my bedroom!

not tried any halluciagenics yet but would be willing to try some salvia as i believe it opens us up to the astral

best wishes

developing1

Seriously developing1, taking drugs and then attempting to induce spiritual experiences for the intention of spiritual advancement is dangerous. Have you read the earlier posts in this thread? May I make a suggestion that you do so?

Uncontrolled usage of narcotics can push the latent kundalini energy at the base of the spine up through the chakra system. Now, because this is uncontrolled and not done instead through ritual meditation practices, this 'awakening' can lead to severe depression and even madness.

Secondly and I say this because I have seen a few of your other posts here at the forums, it can cause erratic experiences of your gifts, such as when you think that you undergoing astral projection. Your energy does not seem grounded to me and I know this to be true simply because I experienced similar states after uncontrolled drug use. Should you read some of the previous posts in this thread, I think you will find them very interesting and may have a different perspective of the use of drugs, natural or man-made.
Old 21-08-2006, 05:52 PM
developing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Seriously developing1, taking drugs and then attempting to induce spiritual experiences for the intention of spiritual advancement is dangerous. Have you read the earlier posts in this thread? May I make a suggestion that you do so?

Uncontrolled usage of narcotics can push the latent kundalini energy at the base of the spine up through the chakra system. Now, because this is uncontrolled and not done instead through ritual meditation practices, this 'awakening' can lead to severe depression and even madness.

Secondly and I say this because I have seen a few of your other posts here at the forums, it can cause erratic experiences of your gifts, such as when you think that you undergoing astral projection. Your energy does not seem grounded to me and I know this to be true simply because I experienced similar states after uncontrolled drug use. Should you read some of the previous posts in this thread, I think you will find them very interesting and may have a different perspective of the use of drugs, natural or man-made.

Hi Kundalini

perhaps you've misunderstood me my friend!

I was only telling of my experiences whilst in my younger days and don't feel the need to take drugs anymore as I have moved on with that part of my life. All I said was that I very much enjoyed that time of my life but wouldn't recommend it for everyone although we all have free will and must make our own decisions.

Best Wishes

developing1
Old 21-08-2006, 08:19 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Hi Kundalini

perhaps you've misunderstood me my friend!

I was only telling of my experiences whilst in my younger days and don't feel the need to take drugs anymore as I have moved on with that part of my life. All I said was that I very much enjoyed that time of my life but wouldn't recommend it for everyone although we all have free will and must make our own decisions.

Best Wishes

developing1

Hi developing1,

I possibly did misunderstand some of what you said. It is true that we all have free will and must make our own decisions. However, drugs open up the mind and because they are an uncontrolled substance, a drug-user may attract darker energies to them, resulting in mental illness. You obviously did enjoy your time taking drugs but I know that they may have a detrimental effect on some people.

The thing is, there is always the possibility that somebody who is impressionable may see this thread and who may be at that stage of their life where they have easy access to drugs ( for example, at high school etc.) and whose decision on whether or not to take drugs may be influenced by what people have to say here at the spiritual forums. It is unlikely I know and there will be many other influences but I would rather that my individual influence is one that states drugs are not a necessary step to endure on the path to spiritual enlightenment.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 22-08-2006, 10:47 AM
developing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi developing1,

I possibly did misunderstand some of what you said. It is true that we all have free will and must make our own decisions. However, drugs open up the mind and because they are an uncontrolled substance, a drug-user may attract darker energies to them, resulting in mental illness. You obviously did enjoy your time taking drugs but I know that they may have a detrimental effect on some people.

The thing is, there is always the possibility that somebody who is impressionable may see this thread and who may be at that stage of their life where they have easy access to drugs ( for example, at high school etc.) and whose decision on whether or not to take drugs may be influenced by what people have to say here at the spiritual forums. It is unlikely I know and there will be many other influences but I would rather that my individual influence is one that states drugs are not a necessary step to endure on the path to spiritual enlightenment.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.

Hi kundalini,

It is indeed true what you say but I believe that our Doorkeepers and guides would never let a 'darker entity' near us as I feel if we ask for protection then it is always given, I for one never experienced any influences from lower/darker enegies but I'm sure it happens with people leaving themselves open to such things, also for anyone reading this thread thinking of taking psychadelics then that is their own choice as free will must always come into play- who are we to tell people what's right or wrong? they must follow their own path and make their own choices

I was just telling of my own personal experience

Best Wishes

developing1
Old 22-08-2006, 03:06 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Hi kundalini,

It is indeed true what you say but I believe that our Doorkeepers and guides would never let a 'darker entity' near us as I feel if we ask for protection then it is always given, I for one never experienced any influences from lower/darker enegies but I'm sure it happens with people leaving themselves open to such things, also for anyone reading this thread thinking of taking psychadelics then that is their own choice as free will must always come into play- who are we to tell people what's right or wrong? they must follow their own path and make their own choices

I was just telling of my own personal experience

Best Wishes

developing1

Hi developing1,

Again, I agree with you that people must make their own choices. Anyway, as we are on the subject of personal experiences, if you read the earlier posts in this thread, you will see some of these personal experiences of not just myself but other members who have told of their time under the influence of drugs.

Secondly, I agree that our spirit guides/guardian angels would offer protection were we to ASK for it. Unfortunately, some people tend to get in a very confused state of mind whilst on drugs and so may not ask for any such protection. Therefore, it will not be given.

Also, developing1, can you honestly say that whilst on drugs or not, that you have never ever experienced contact or been influenced with/by darker energies? Remember, darker energies manifest in a variety of forms - entities, negative emotions - anger, hate, even debilitating depression.

Are you really saying that you have never experienced these emotions for they are nothing but a darker form of energy, or that you have never been influenced by any of these darker energies?

I do not want to sound condescending for I feel that I am starting to sound that way but surely you see how taking drugs multiplies every single little problem by a thousand times, simply because drug-taking can lead to a maelstrom of negative energy?
Old 22-08-2006, 03:48 PM
dreamer

Maybe drug taking highlights negativity within..... so does meditation and kundalini awakening would you tell people to stay away from them? Negative energies come from within yourself, if they are there they need to be dealt with.

Being too negative about drugs is counter productive, they need to be respected but to talk in this way about them is to propagate this notion that they cause irreperable damage which just leads to more worry which then attracts manifestations which propagate the worry. For me drugs have taught me to chill out, if i hadn't i would have probably gone mad from doing them but i did and dealt with lots of issues on the way - I'm not recommending them but I can't condemn them either, they are another life experience, thats it - if someones going to take them they will, if they're not they won't but whatever way people should know that to be frightened and negative about anything is counter productive and just causes more fear and negativity.
Old 22-08-2006, 04:10 PM
developing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Maybe drug taking highlights negativity within..... so does meditation and kundalini awakening would you tell people to stay away from them? Negative energies come from within yourself, if they are there they need to be dealt with.

Being too negative about drugs is counter productive, they need to be respected but to talk in this way about them is to propagate this notion that they cause irreperable damage which just leads to more worry which then attracts manifestations which propagate the worry. For me drugs have taught me to chill out, if i hadn't i would have probably gone mad from doing them but i did and dealt with lots of issues on the way - I'm not recommending them but I can't condemn them either, they are another life experience, thats it - if someones going to take them they will, if they're not they won't but whatever way people should know that to be frightened and negative about anything is counter productive and just causes more fear and negativity.

couldn't have put it better myself!

best wishes

developing1
Closed Thread