Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 02-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I had the same thought glenos, but decided against saying anything. Basically because the mods on this forum tend to ignore whatever requests the OP happens to mention regarding our religion. This could be due to misunderstanding on their part, which is why your suggestion is hopefully considered.

Mac will like that. He gets sick of trying to explain the difference between Spiritualism and spirituality.

Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Another religion?

I guess it is fun to mingle with people that think the same as you.

"Like attracts like."

(A Spiritualist saying).

Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Absolutely.

I think that the OP should be made a sticky so that people know what Spiritualism is about. How about it mods?

G

I disagree and think if one member is given a sticky other members would be entitled to one, and best admin not indulge in favoritizm.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
I had the same thought glenos, but decided against saying anything. Basically because the mods on this forum tend to ignore whatever requests the OP happens to mention regarding our religion. This could be due to misunderstanding on their part, which is why your suggestion is hopefully considered.

Any forum experiences the same stuff ~ if members have ideas or comments or criticisms, and they don't let admin or mods know via pm, these ideas/comments can't be addressed if staff doesn't happen to spot the comments within a thread. Members who've been here a while know what the score is.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:16 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I disagree and think if one member is given a sticky other members would be entitled to one, and best admin not indulge in favoritizm.

It could be the posting which might become a 'sticky'.

Make it a sticky without attribution and your concern disappears....

And given the ongoing misunderstandings evident in this forum, it's arguable there are sound reasons for the suggestion of a 'sticky'...
Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Master
it sounds like a great religion to be in, compared to Christianity.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:29 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
I don't completely agree with you there, Mac. I think it would be more correct to say that "Spiritualists are not necessarily Christians", or that "Spiritualisms tend not to accept the conventional Christian view of the atonement".

Jim

The Devil's often in the detail..... Other Spiritualist members may wish to discuss your suggestions...

The KISS principle (Keep It Simple Sweetie) in my original submission was deliberate.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:33 AM
mac

Quote:
"Like attracts like."

(A Spiritualist saying).

Jim

The principle applies principally in the etheric. (spiritual dimensions)

Sadly it's not always evident when living in-the-body.....
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 AM
mac

Quote:
Mac will like that. He gets sick of trying to explain the difference between Spiritualism and spirituality.

Jim

It would be helpful to again have such a point of reference in this forum....

It can get wearisome at times repeatedly writing the same explanation.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM
deepsea

Like a foreword,Mac?
Explaination of what Spiritualism is about.