Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Master
DulcePoetica - Artstry of any kind when performed (music, drawing, painting, jewely making, etc, you name it) each draw upon a higher source. That higher source can come from deep within, from above, and from inspiration from those around you. My own paintings may come from an inner guidance or source, but what drives me and takes me further with the paintings is almost always a higher source of consciousness. An artistic blind woman who met me once and knew nothing about me held me hand and said, "You're an artist; you must paint because the spirit world moves through your hands." To perform an art, music or visual, is a gift.

Blackraven
Old 18-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Kaceykat

My friend who's a psychic told me I was channeling, teasing me about not really sewing the costumes I design on the side. She was like: "You think you doin' that? You not doing that! Your greatgrandma's are doing that!"

Sure enough, one day when I darted out of my chair really fast, to go check the work from the other side of the cutting table, I looked at my chair, and there was a huge orb sitting in it, like a dish of steam, just where I had been .

I was so startled, I thought to myself, "Oh, I left the steam iron on." So I turned to turn it off...and there it was, sitting neatly on the ironing board with it's electric cord neatly wrapped and tucked into its handle. Definitely not on to make steam. I looked back to my chair, and it was gone.

Then I thought to myself I had imagined it...but I must have seen *something*, to have gone into rationalization mode, checking the iron, right?

Channeling greatgrandmas, maybe, after all?
Old 19-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Henri77

I recall Al Pacino, interviewed on Actors Studio, describing his role in Dog Day Afternoon. Based on a true story.

He related how he did several scenes, that later had to be reshot.

And he "never could recapture the character", as he felt he'd channeled the individual, and he sensed the personality leave after the initial footage.

I'd never heard a performer mention channeling someone and thought that was pretty daring to say.
Old 19-10-2012, 02:02 AM
DulcePoetica

I'm so happy this thread has resurfaced! It's almost two years old.

I have definitely felt the trance state while I am in a period of creating, and I wondered because even though I work in many different mediums, the feeling when I am in the zone is exactly the same, whether it is poetry, painting or music.

Also, it fascinates me the way archetypes occasionally appear in my expressions, themes that have been repeated throughout history- that I had never studied or given a thought at all. But there are patterns, recognizable colors, shapes and thought structures that match. It seemed to me I must have been tapping into something rather than creating something with my mind.

I will have to start thinking more about this before I write more here. Thanks for reviving the thread!
Old 19-10-2012, 05:29 AM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica

Who cares how old the thread is as long as it's an interesting topic
Old 19-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Henri77

Well I've also experienced "the zone" writing fiction, composing music, dancing on stage, and during photography collaborations with models.
Magical results from all these artforms occurred that amazed me and I knew I wasn't the creator, but rather a facilitator.

Anyone who's tried poetry has likely experienced this ,as it's often a stream of thought process.
Old 19-10-2012, 11:00 PM
chiquitita

Nice said, coolchic101.
I don't know why, but at first when I read your posts, and all until now, I thought you are a male, but you have signed as a fem. I would say to you that, generally, that means nothing to me, but I'm just telling you my first impression.

I would just like to add a little to your contribution in this thread (one henri77 upper).
Here's the possible reason it was a bit unpleasant for this guy to take your tip - because the people had 'invented' a general feeling or, let's be a poetical funny a little, 'the trip of the tip' if you know what I'm saying - they devised the 'price of the tip' - but they, actually we, humans. They created a tip, and then 'the tip god'. ;) Who knows how much of it humans ever created...?
We all know from which kind of people is expected to freely take tips and in what situations. So, many of us are still having this as some kind of level on the judgmental ladder.

On the other side, we could look on all of that as the circulation, interconnection, relation, exchange, moving, evolution, development, learning, the wind blowing flow, drifting...And just say, OK.
Old 19-10-2012, 11:30 PM
chiquitita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica

I have definitely felt the trance state while I am in a period of creating, and I wondered because even though I work in many different mediums, the feeling when I am in the zone is exactly the same, whether it is poetry, painting or music.

Also, it fascinates me the way archetypes occasionally appear in my expressions, themes that have been repeated throughout history- that I had never studied or given a thought at all. But there are patterns, recognizable colors, shapes and thought structures that match. It seemed to me I must have been tapping into something rather than creating something with my mind.

I will have to start thinking more about this before I write more here. Thanks for reviving the thread!

So, are you interested how the 'reanimation' of this thread has started?
Well, I was looking at the threads you've originally posted. I found that you are very wise and interesting person by some things you have talked about. And then, I've found that you are an artist too, which is great. And finally, very cool thread. I wrote something. The thread appeared reddy, with new posts. Hot. Attractive. Two years have passed since its start, but there are some new people on this forum and also the consciousness is expanding more faster and faster. Two years of today's (self)evolution is perhaps like 20 years in XIX century...?
I don't know why I said all of this things at all. Maybe it's because I feel more free tonight...
Old 20-10-2012, 02:53 AM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitita
Nice said, coolchic101.
I don't know why, but at first when I read your posts, and all until now, I thought you are a male, but you have signed as a fem. I would say to you that, generally, that means nothing to me, but I'm just telling you my first impression.

That is because I've had a lot of past lives where I was a "male" and maybe you were picking that up.
Old 20-10-2012, 10:45 AM
chiquitita

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
That is because I've had a lot of past lives where I was a "male" and maybe you were picking that up.

Really? I did not know that I have some special abilities.
But I hope that you wouldn't mind if I ask you how do you know that? How do you know about the past lives in general?

As for me, the only way to know a bit more about myself is my current state of mind, level of cosmic consciousness, spirituality and self-evolution stage. Comparing myself with others. But I know nothing about my past lives nor if I had them anyway.

Last edited by chiquitita : 20-10-2012 at 12:20 PM.