Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-11-2010, 05:58 PM
DulcePoetica

Is art channeling?

I think so. I am an artist and writer, and very rarely have a pre-determined sense of what I want to create.

More often than not, a feeling begins to overwhelm me and when I can no longer ignore it, my only solution is to take out a pen or a sketchpad. I often have no idea what I have written until I read it afterwards. Or if it is an illustration, I usually find its content unexpected and very intriguing.

I don't feel as if I have been "taken over", but more like when I am in this place, I am willing to 100 percent surrender to the motion of energy that motivates the creation. It's a pretty awesome experience.

When I intentionally try to write or paint, I usually end up with a clumsy mess. It's pretty amusing when talking to people who have seen my art, I may try to draw something to illustrate a point and I can't do it on command.

I think this is a kind of channelling. Any thoughts?
Old 19-11-2010, 06:20 PM
SunSister

Yes. I write and paint. When I write, I let the story or poem be written by the characters or the mood I'm working with at the time. When I paint, I go into a trance-like state that's very reminiscent of channeling. I cannot force it out of my fingers at any given time. I don't feel like anything takes me over, but it is like I am working with a more aware consciousness.
Old 19-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Master
oh yes any form of art I feel is channeling...........
Spiritlite.
Old 24-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Knower

I think this quote really sums it up. It's from the lead singer of my favourite band, System of a Down.

"I think true art is a universal reflection, and true artists are just messengers of that reflection - or, at best, skilled presenters.” - Serj Tankian
Old 14-10-2012, 11:16 PM
chiquitita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
I think so. I am an artist and writer, and very rarely have a pre-determined sense of what I want to create.

More often than not, a feeling begins to overwhelm me and when I can no longer ignore it, my only solution is to take out a pen or a sketchpad. I often have no idea what I have written until I read it afterwards. Or if it is an illustration, I usually find its content unexpected and very intriguing.

I don't feel as if I have been "taken over", but more like when I am in this place, I am willing to 100 percent surrender to the motion of energy that motivates the creation. It's a pretty awesome experience.

When I intentionally try to write or paint, I usually end up with a clumsy mess. It's pretty amusing when talking to people who have seen my art, I may try to draw something to illustrate a point and I can't do it on command.

I've just found this older but very interesting thread. And I must reply.

Have you thought about channeling between something? Do you think of you as an, roughly said, a mediator?

If so, I understand.

In my opinion, only the artist who is transmitting something that he feels, sees or simply is (subconsciously or whatever), can be called a true artist. Creating something is ecstatic and pulsatic process. It can't be a logical procedure. There must be some kind of cosmic relations. Something like:

Here,
take a look,
read or hear,
what higher vibrations
are sending us near...
Old 15-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Master
there is a quote at the end of a song that goes;

"An artist if he's truly an artist wants to do the will of God, and he must..."

Simplistic maybe, but on point i think. Substitute 'God' for whatever words or name you wish for those with an atheist bent, it still amounts to the same thing. I call it the Divine Imagination, and i think that tuning into that is sort of like channeling, but not in the new age sense necessarily, it is that which makes a writer need to write it down because it lights that fire of inspiration, the need to tell a story.

I think that a truly good story is sort of hanging around in the imaginative, magical and charged space waiting for the right person to come around and make it manifest. Everyone has their own unique style, yet the story is universal to humankind as well.
Old 16-10-2012, 07:21 PM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica

If your experience is a positive one, then who cares where you're getting it from? Just enjoy it!
But I will answer your question. Yes it is a form of channeling. This is called "infused knowledge". People on the Other Side are infusing their knowledge/talents/gifts/ideas to people on Earth.
If you want to call them spirit guides, people in Heaven, people on the Other Side, whatever label you want to call the transcended is up to you.
Some people who don't have much knowledge about the afterlife and/or have limited beliefs think that the deceased just sits on a puffy cloud playing harps all day or they think once you're dead you're dead and you don't exist anymore LOL
Well if you talk to mediums, psychics, astral travelers, people who have had near death experiences they will tell you different. People on the Other Side are alive and thriving and have jobs (if they choose to have it). But don't take my word for it, do your research and then decide for yourself.

For example, an episode on Ripley's Believe it or Not showed a man who has had no experience or education in art, will start painting something when he's in a trance. His artwork is very similar of the work of famous artists like Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet, Picasso, Modigliani, and others.
I like to believe that it is a transcended artist who is working through this man.

Another example, let's say a musician who has transcended, will infuse their musical talents in a kid who is learning to play an instrument.
How about the child prodigys where are they getting their "gifts" from? Perhaps they have fresh memories of their past lives and are continue using their talents as they remember them and/or someone "up there" is channeling their talents to these children.

Also, an author named Chico Xavier is medium who has channeled a spirit named Dr. Andre Luiz on the Other side. Through automatic writing, Dr. Andre Luiz talks about his life on earth and his afterlife. It became a book and then it became a movie called "Nosso Lar". In english it is titled "Astral City: A Spiritual Journey". You can watch the movie on youtube. I've also posted the link on a thread. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=46

Enjoy your gifts. If you want to show your appreciation to the person(s) who is infusing their gifts to you, a simple thank you will suffice.
It doesn't matter if you know who they are or not, they'll hear you. They love it when people on Earth express their gratitude. Hope this helps!
Old 16-10-2012, 09:43 PM
chiquitita

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101

For example, an episode on Ripley's Believe it or Not showed a man who has had no experience or education in art, will start painting something when he's in a trance. His artwork is very similar of the work of famous artists like Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet, Picasso, Modigliani, and others.
I like to believe that it is a transcended artist who is working through this man.

Another example, let's say a musician who has transcended, will infuse their musical talents in a kid who is learning to play an instrument.
How about the child prodigys where are they getting their "gifts" from? Perhaps they have fresh memories of their past lives and are continue using their talents as they remember them and/or someone "up there" is channeling their talents to these children.

Thanks to the art it was easier for me to recognize my twin. Perhaps we have the same 'higher artist'. But, that aside.

It could be that 'something or someone' is speaking through us and the best way (for someone) to 'translate' it or interpret it is through the art.
I wonder who was 'the whisperer' to Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Bach or Newton...
Seriousness of the joke, but really, there is always higher and higher. If an artist is a channel (mediator), and there is an 'higher artist' who helps him, then there must be 'even more higher artist' who helps to 'higher artist', and there is 'even higher than a more higher artist' who...You know what I'm trying to say.
Is this so-called helper an ascended person or some kind of a star (planet), or energy, I don't know.
Old 17-10-2012, 02:41 AM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitita
I wonder who was 'the whisperer' to Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Bach or Newton...
Seriousness of the joke, but really, there is always higher and higher. If an artist is a channel (mediator), and there is an 'higher artist' who helps him, then there must be 'even more higher artist' who helps to 'higher artist', and there is 'even higher than a more higher artist' who...You know what I'm trying to say.
Is this so-called helper an ascended person or some kind of a star (planet), or energy, I don't know.

That's a very good point. Don't know the answer to your question but I believe that anything is possible.
Another true story. I was going downstairs to take a subway en route to the airport and I had several bags with me. This young gentleman asked me "Do you want some help?" And I said "Sure". So he helped me carry my bags downstairs and I tipped him. He didn't want to accept the tip. I said "No, please accept it. Thank you for helping me."
When he accepted the tip, he was bewildered that someone tipped him.
Of course, I know that tipping a random stranger who helps you is not customary but I wanted to because this man took the time and helped a stranger when he could have just passed me by like everyone else and catch their train. And I also know that some people will take it the wrong way and find that tipping is an insult. It depends on the individual.
Now what's my point? People do not know how to deal with and/or accept their blessings at first. They will question themselves. Where did this come from? Am I worthy to receive it? Why did this happen to me?
How do you know if your gift/blessing is not the result of the good things you have done for someone/something in your past and/present life?
Now you are reaping the rewards. Like I said, enjoy your gift. Again, does it really matter where it's coming from? I know it doesn't matter to me but as humans we are inquisitive creatures. If you want to show your gratitude to your "God", the divine, guides, whatever it is you believe in, it's up to you. If you want to pay it forward, that's another option too. :-)
Old 17-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Henri77

Fun thread.
No one less than Kryon has affirmed all art is a form of channeling.

I always gave thanx for a cool song, story, photo inspiration that came to me.