Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Suspended
Guide

Am I a cheapskate?

I bought a couple of bottles of vitamins at a vitamin store that I returned because I did not know it had an unhealthy ingredient in it. I opened one bottle and took one capsule. I did not open the other bottle since it had the same ingredient. The return policy is an exchange for opened items and full refund for unopened items within 30 days. The bottle I opened only cost $5 while the bottle I did not open cost $20. I picked a item that cost around $20 to do exchange (or receive $5 store credit plus $15 for the price I paid for unopened bottle that I was also returning). Instead of the cashier giving me back $5 cash, he was going to give me a store credit for $5. I clarified that $5 store credit was going to the $20 new item plus $15 of it was going toward it with cash I paid for unopened bottle I was returning. The difference or what was owed back to me was $5 cash. He said since I was returning both an opened item and an unopened item together, then he had to give me back a store credit. I said that did not make sense. Out of frustration, he said he would just give me a $5 cash refund.

I did not plan to go back to this store in near future so I preferred the $5 cash refund that I should have been given in the first place. I know it is best not to let others take advantage of you even if they are not aware of it- like they do not know math. I am writing this because the cashier kept giving me a look of hate when I was trying to correct an error. Maybe he was thinking I am such a cheapskate for wanting my $5 back. But why should I get a store credit when I should get my money back? After I left the store, I wondered if I should have just taken the store credit. It just bothers me when I make instant enemies with people (especially the opposite sex) over such a little thing.

Do you think most people would speak up and say they should receive $5 cash instead of $5 store credit? The cashier was looking at me like I was such a cheapskate.
Old 19-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Master
Well they say that the custumer is always right, so I would worry about it.
Old 19-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Master
twinkle... Sounds like you did the reasonable thing.

Could it be you worry too much about what other people think of you?

Xan

Old 19-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Suspended
Guide

I thought of Oprah Winfrey who makes friends everywhere she goes. Maybe because she has money to give them. lol But I do not like people looking at me like they hate me.

Now that I think of it, I remember the cashier from last month. I also bought and returned a bottle of vitamins last month because I did not know it had dairy in it. I had another cashier who told me the receipt was not showing in the system while he was staring at me. I told the cashier since I handed him the receipt I do not know why it was not showing in system. I had to wait for 5 minutes before he could find it in the system. Most of the aggravation is caused by their faulty system, but it makes customers look bad when they did nothing wrong.
Old 20-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Iseke

Retail workers have it rough, and when something that like this goes wrong they tend to get frustrated and blame, who else, the customer. Because even if you weren't being rude, they've been putting up with bad energy from customers, bosses, and corporate all day. So then you come along with your request, something gets gummed up with the system, and all that frustration gets passed along to you. Unless you were being disrespectful about things, it's nothing personal!

I get totally paranoid about things like that too, though. I hate feeling like I might've ruined someone's day. So I just try to be as accommodating as possible, but sometimes there's no way around an inconvenience like what you went through. And it's ok to state your preference as the customer!
Old 20-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Jade F^lcon

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Id have done the same thing.
Old 20-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Master
I thought of Oprah Winfrey who makes friends everywhere she goes. Maybe because she has money to give them. lol But I do not like people looking at me like they hate me.

As I see it, Oprah makes friends everywhere because she is warm and outgoing. My impression is she likes and loves herself and it comes out with others, although I heard she had a rough childhood and had to learn self-acceptance.

Xan

Old 20-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Suspended
Guide

Maybe he remembered me from last time. I did not like how he was staring at me in a negative way last time. Another time I entered the store, a female cashier gave me a dirty look after I said hello to her first. I remember being puzzled why she did not act professional. She said hello when I entered the store today, but it was probably because she was with another worker or had to look like she was doing her job. It is probably just the people at the store or not me. I do not know if you ever had a stranger give you a hateful look straight in the eye.

Well, I will not be shopping at that store in the future so I am glad I did not take a $5 store credit.

I probably care too much what others think. I just do not want to leave a bad mark.

Last edited by twinkle : 20-11-2012 at 02:03 AM.