Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 29-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Uma,

Thanks for a great question! It's exciting to see views on this from people around the world.

Personally I would be surprised if there was anthropogenic climate change: there is definitely *something* weird happening with the weather, but haven't noticed anything uniformly heating up...some places seem to be getting colder and rainier, some places are getting warmer...unless I'm really missing something I can't really see a pattern. If it was human-driven, it would be getting hotter everywhere, as we know. So I think there is certainly climate change, but I would be surprised if it was human-driven.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 6 Billion People > and Climbing >

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...erican-cooling

..."In other words, the temperature difference between the Arctic and North America is shrinking. That’s one factor causing wobbliness in the jet stream,"......

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...?entrynum=2669

4th warmest Maarch

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
Interesting you bring this up,Uma. We had record temperature cold and snow fall this year in our state,and according to scientist,this polar vortex theory was a direct result of global warming. A break in the polar regions that released this cold air to us,according to news.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Master
Another link that connects the polar wandering to the Antarctic jumping up to the equator: http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/p...fts-explained/

I am also wondering about this theory based on ancient sacred sites located around a common old equator: http://home.hiwaay.net/~jalison/

Is this the coming of the polar shift that was predicted for 2012?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Poles Will Shift But Not Significantly for Another 500 Years

Thats the Eectro-magnetic polar shifting which may take a 500 or a few thousand years to occur, once it starts.

I saw PBS program on this a few years ago and it is not this bgi shift that just goes WOW on us over a few minutes, days, weeks or even years.

I think it will not really became whacko for another 500 years when EM poles start appearing at differrent place around the planet and compasses really begin to fail to be acccurate with any degree of accuracy.

That will be for a two three or more generations from now to figure out.

Global Warming/Green House effects are already happening and going to get worse long before the poles shifting becomes significant concern to humanity. imho

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Another link that connects the polar wandering to the Antarctic jumping up to the equator: http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/p...fts-explained/

I am also wondering about this theory based on ancient sacred sites located around a common old equator: http://home.hiwaay.net/~jalison/

Is this the coming of the polar shift that was predicted for 2012?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Master
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:28 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Double Check Validity Never Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thanks for the info!

Ive not seen that program since and have not seen any info in those regards since, s, I would double check on it to verify its validity.

Certainly seemed like reliable info at the time or I would not have mentioned it.

r6
Old 23-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
As for me, I move around to much to notice if the weather is changing that much. It is certainly reported more now than it was 20 years ago. I am from Phoenix though and it does seem hotter there than it was when I was kid. I learned this was a result of the city's heat shield effect. Once you leave the concrete island it does drop about 10 degrees

Its interesting you mention that the temperature is significantly different off the "concrete" island.
I have never thought of this before....Maybe the global warming is being drastically effected by all the earth being replaced with concrete jungles!
As we are losing more and more green land than ever now with new buildings being constructed constantly that is now clear to me why the earth cant release its heat as its meant to.
I always knew it was bad to destroy forrests and nature as we need them for our oxygen but never considered that what we were replacing them with was even more damaging!
Seems to me you have solved the biggest culprit of global warming there!