Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 27-05-2011, 05:45 PM
HBuck72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen

Very interesting. However, as noted in the section quoted science did prove that they were correct. Science was able to determine than an almost invisible star existed 8.6 light years (50,556,178,209,379 miles) away, but they can't see a planet that is en route to smash into the earth (or at least a close fly-by)? Oh wait, because there is a cover-up, because every good conspiracy theory has an escape route, the fact that you can't prove it, or there is no reliable scientific data to support the theory, actually validates the theory.... which goes directly against the Scientific Method, or any other reliable system (pattern) of thought.

As always, I am not trying to insult anyone, or rain on anyone's parade, but there are times that critical thinking needs to be appplied. Just because you "want" something to happen, or "wish" something were true, doesn't make it, in fact, true.

During my walk down my spiritual path I have seen far too many people buy into myths and conspiracy theories, only to be left shattered when they found out their belief was untrue. However, a little logical and critical thinking (where's the proof?) would have saved them a great deal of heartache. Unfortunately based on the "proof" presented thus far Planet X, Nibiru, Nemisis, 2012, et al. appear to just be the newest examples of soon to be proven wrong shams. Although I am sure that new dates will be set and new theories will take their places!

Last edited by HBuck72 : 27-05-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 27-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuck72
I guess this is human nature, because instead of saying "I was wrong for being fooled and not thinking critically and logically about this", it is easier to just go after a new date.
If nothing extraordinary happens people either pick a new date.. or they will say ''There was a subtle change but it could only be felt by the spiritual people''

There are always excuses..!
Old 29-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Dave World

Actually, a theory comes first. Then it is either proved or disproved through experimentation. Conversely, just because something is a theory, that does not mean that it is inherently false. The phrase "conspiracy theory" is often bandied about as a way of deprecating a body of thought. Yet, no one applies that train of specious logic to the "germ theory", which does have a bit of proof to back it up. The same can be said about Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity.
Old 29-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave World
Actually, a theory comes first. Then it is either proved or disproved through experimentation. Conversely, just because something is a theory, that does not mean that it is inherently false. The phrase "conspiracy theory" is often bandied about as a way of deprecating a body of thought. Yet, no one applies that train of specious logic to the "germ theory", which does have a bit of proof to back it up. The same can be said about Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity.

But there is no scientific proof/evidence of Planet X/Nibiru that I am aware of. If someone can point to a source of such evidence I'll be quite happen to admit that I was mistaken.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:04 PM
HBuck72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave World

Until it is tested and has some sort of scientific evidence to back it up (beyond ancient mythic texts and Youtube videos) Planet X/Niburu is not even a theory, heck I would argue that it does not even based on enough reasonable assumptions to be considered a hypothesis.

In the scientific world a "hypothesis" is an idea which is backed by reasonable assumptions regarding something that has yet to undergo any testing, or has yet to be shown with empirical evidence. a "theory" actually carries weight because it has empirical evidence to back it up, it can at least be somewhat proven. Theories are subject to change of course, which is why many things are "theories" not "laws", but they are generally accepted in the scientific community as true.

Therefore, seeing as how there is no scientific evidence for the existence of Niburu then it is not even a theory, more like a fanciful idea/speculation.

Conspiracy theorists pretty much use the inverse of the scientific method where they come up with a “theory”, and if it cannot be proven false (because there is no direct evidence against it) then in their minds that “theory” is true. Therefore, I can say that there are invisible alien spies all around the planet. In the conspiracy theory world I am correct in that statement, until someone proves me wrong, which can’t happen because they are invisible after all! (Every good conspiracy theory has circular logic and a way out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
But there is no scientific proof/evidence of Planet X/Nibiru that I am aware of. If someone can point to a source of such evidence I'll be quite happen to admit that I was mistaken.

Exactly! Oh and youtube videos/blogs/forums/some guy with a telescope in his yard with no formal training/ etc. doesn't count.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Scibat

Quote:

Conspiracy theorists pretty much use the inverse of the scientific method where they come up with a “theory”, and if it cannot be proven false (because there is no direct evidence against it) then in their minds that “theory” is true. Therefore, I can say that there are invisible alien spies all around the planet. In the conspiracy theory world I am correct in that statement, until someone proves me wrong, which can’t happen because they are invisible after all! (Every good conspiracy theory has circular logic and a way out).

You cannot prove that something does not exist, which is what a lot of these conspiracy things count on to hold them together.

Quote:
Exactly! Oh and youtube videos/blogs/forums/some guy with a telescope in his yard with no formal training/ etc. doesn't count.

To be completely fair, if there are videos showing anything even by some guy with a telescope in his backyard I would like to view them, just to see what all the hubbub is about.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 AM
HBuck72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
To be completely fair, if there are videos showing anything even by some guy with a telescope in his backyard I would like to view them, just to see what all the hubbub is about.

I know during the last lunar eclipse there were people claiming to be able to see Niburu and/or the supposed brown dwarf star Nemesis. Although if you could see them during the lunar eclipse, you could see them on a dark moonless night as well, which you can't. Also if something really was visible with the naked eye then it would be close enough to have some sort of measurable gravitational effect on earth, which again they don't.

Most of the junk on Youtube is ****** CGI effects, or people "finding" stuff in NASA Photos that have been released. Although I would think that the Phd astrophysicists would be able to notice something not quite right if it were true.... ahhhh..... wait they are covering it up though (circular arguments FTW!)
Old 21-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Scibat

I was playing with Universal Sandbox, and then did some research to verify the results. The other problem with a Nibiru/PlanetX/Brown Dwarf star in our solar system, is that if there were such it would affect the orbits of other bodies in our system, and this would most certainly be detectable and have been detected by now.
Old 16-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Titus

Planet X is a Reptilian flagship that currently exists in the higher dimensions. Apparently, when you reach an advanced understanding of quantum physics and space travel, its possible to create ships that are the size of a planet. Basically its the same concept as the death star from Star Wars. From my understanding, planet x is populated by positive Reptilians, humans and other species. Also, from my understanding, the planet is here now.
Old 16-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus
Planet X is a Reptilian flagship that currently exists in the higher dimensions. Apparently, when you reach an advanced understanding of quantum physics and space travel, its possible to create ships that are the size of a planet. Basically its the same concept as the death star from Star Wars. From my understanding, planet x is populated by positive Reptilians, humans and other species. Also, from my understanding, the planet is here now.

So we can't see it, because it's in another dimension?

I can live with that, because I felt like I was in one too, during my awakening. It was if I was in this bubble of energy that separated me from the physical world, as we know it. The air was so thin in the bubble but the air was thick outside of it, also the air was warpy or wavy like. Weird stuff! :)