Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I said "show me the ladder, that I may climb up to heaven '
He said "your head is the ladder, bring your head down under your feet.
~ Rumi

I just posted this somewhere else so added it here..:)

This is very much Tree of Life. The idea that you have surmounted the crown (Kether) is how some people might interpret heaven.
To a gnostic it would be walking with "God" once more.

May I ask to where you posted it?
Old 25-09-2016, 11:13 AM
Knower

Anyone else who wants to share their experience?

I have been thinking alot for the past few months. Buying a house overseas where properties are much cheaper and have no mortgage to pay , would make life so much simpler.

I guess, buying house cash, would bring me some peace of mind, calmness and the best part is that I no longer live with my parents. How great it would be to never hear again how useless I am and the failure compared to what they achieved at my age.

I feel powerless, I think.
Old 25-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter
Anyone else who wants to share their experience?

I have been thinking alot for the past few months. Buying a house overseas where properties are much cheaper and have no mortgage to pay , would make life so much simpler.

I guess, buying house cash, would bring me some peace of mind, calmness and the best part is that I no longer live with my parents. How great it would be to never hear again how useless I am and the failure compared to what they achieved at my age.

I feel powerless, I think.

Hi, lighter...

I'm sorry you feel powerless, even though all the power is within you whether you live with your parents or elsewhere...It can be difficult to shut out bad energy at times.

I live with my parents now as well...It's always been quite difficult to live in the same house as my Mom (she has NPD - Narcissistic Personality Disorder - and OCD)...When I was younger, I'd moved to an apartment just 5 minutes away because I wanted peace away from my Mom more than I wanted to save money..lol

Moving back in with my parents 3 yrs ago has proved to have some challenges even though I'm older and they're older now...My Mom still has the same disorders...But I started taking care of myself by joining a gym for the first time last year (a new gym had opened with only a $10/ month and no contract - it was month to month so I couldn't pass it up..lol)...And temporarily I was able to afford a personal trainer who is very spiritual even though he's only 23 y/o (will be 24 y/o tomorrow)...He'd recommended grounding myself by being out with nature more...He, himself, is a rock climber/mountain climber/ surfer/marathon runner who loves camping and traveling the world...He says he just goes outdoors, even to a park (because he lives with his older brother and his family) and just close his eyes and imagine roots growing out of his feet and into the ground...and feel the sun and the breeze surround you...and hear the birds chirping, etc...:)...Then open your eyes and look up and still feel the breeze and see the birds flying above, looking at each animal individually and sense them...This can take some practice but over time, it's helped me be in touch with my inner core and connect me to the universe...It's quite exhilarating...:)

And the key thing is that what other people spew is more about them and really not about you...I had a counselor, years ago, tell me "do not accept what does not belong to you"...I went to see a counselor because, basically, I had ended up marrying my Mom..lol..My husband has the same NPD condition, along with ADD...It had always been a difficult marriage but it was especially painful when he'd cheated on me the first time back in 2010...I came to realize that his cheating really wasn't about me at all...Thank goodness for good counsellors and great friends/family of mine...Seeing my blessings daily really helped..:)

Deep down inside, you KNOW who you are...Everything you need is IN you already...You are already WHOLE...You just need to remember that...;)

Wishing you light and love in your search for inner peace, lighter!
Old 25-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Ascender

To me being grounded, means to have a ground to identify and focus on-- Whatever it is that is a solid identity to base your awareness on and not let go of-- Sometimes this is very physical practice in becoming aware of the earth and your body, grounding yourself in your senses--

But also, many religions and such offer a spiritual system that allows one to always have context regardless of what aspect of their own growth they are dealing with--

Being groundless is when you have nothing to lean or walk upon as your truth, even if that truth is just the momentary ground to keep your life capable of being balanced between one's own growth and their ability to come back to mundane matters after journeying those places which would have no grounds for you to act on in relation to your physical body--

In science you might consider grounding to be the scientific method and peer review.. so that a scientist doesn't get carried away with their explanations without making sure it has legs to stand on in our current view--

Basically grounding is focusing and moving your state of mind to a solid consistent that most relates to your life as it faces you--
Old 25-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Seeker

Hello :)

I discovered what being grounded or centered was because I spent so much of my life not. I was in a relationship that kept me from knowing my own personal internal experience because I was so consumed by my partners energy and my own projections and so on. I was also never quiet enough to get to that place.

I learned the significance and benefit of being centered after I left said relationship and was a lost mess. It was then I was alone and got to know myself that helped. Even then it was a long journey before I was able to experience a true sense of internal peace.

Now that I've reached this place it's helped me to be stronger - meaning I've learned no matter what happens in life, who hurts me, how emotional I get, so on.... I know there's this core connection I have with myself.

So I would say being willing to sit with yourself, learn who you are internally, what are your emotions, thoughts so on, you'll then notice when you are thrown off. Being not grounded often felt for me like being stuck in obcessive thinking, emotion, and or the average day to day grind. However - I never knew I wasn't grounded until I was. Then I had a comparison. Breathing meditation, walking, being in nature, alone time ( then again I'm an introvert so alone time is essential to reconnect with myself) are all good tools to help you center.

I would add- don't over think this :) reading blogs or to do lists on how to be grounded are helpful. But I think it's more important to listen to intuition. You will lead yourself to being grounded in time.

Personally I think wolf had a fabulous answer to your question and I would just end up repeating what he said in a less fluid and understandable way. . Very relatable for me.

Best :)
Old 26-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Suspended
Knower

To be grounded means down to earth. To see everyone equally, means you don't show off or take advantage of your position on others, remain peacefully and help others.