Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
Even if everything you say is correct, it does not change how we experience reality as human beings and never will.
It will only change your perception and that's all the above is, your perception/perspective.
YES! exactly!
It changes our perception!

A car dents yours in a parking lot....you perceive it as just the biggest bummer,
anticipating the body work, $$, and time lost!

Or

We perceive it as, "Oh well, guess I shouldn't have parked by that
enormous
car cockeyed in the space already...learned a lesson there...
maybe I'll meet a new friend at the Body Shop...or maybe this
kept me from being in an accident by keeping me here 10 minutes."
Tra-la-la-la-merrily down the stream.

Still have the dent ...but our perception changed, thus, our world... we remained
unruffled and happy-go-lucky.
All is well, again. So...we have learned to change our whole world.
Yes.
After awhile these little nuisances get less and less by keeping with this attitude...I've been a
witness to this for decades.

So my world has changed and others around me because of my peace of mind.

It starts with us and spreads.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
YES! exactly!
It changes our perception!

A car dents yours in a parking lot....you perceive it as just the biggest bummer,
anticipating the body work, $$, and time lost!

Or

We perceive it as, "Oh well, guess I shouldn't have parked by that
enormous
car cockeyed in the space already...learned a lesson there...
maybe I'll meet a new friend at the Body Shop...or maybe this
kept me from being in an accident by keeping me here 10 minutes."
Tra-la-la-la-merrily down the stream.

Still have the dent ...but our perception changed, thus, our world... we remained
unruffled and happy-go-lucky.
All is well, again. So...we have learned to change our whole world.
Yes.
After awhile these little nuisances get less and less by keeping with this attitude...I've been a
witness to this for decades.

So my world has changed and others around me because of my peace of mind.

It starts with us and spreads.
Yes perception is vastly different from creation. We can change our perception which in turn will change the way we experience our life. It doesn't actually change anything else.
Old 13-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Even if everything you say is correct, it does not change how we experience reality as human beings and never will. It will only change your perception and that's all the above is, your perception/perspective.

Yeah, you are right.

But Even changing my perception doesn't really change reality though, it's as solid and unpredictable as before..

All philosophy does is dive into the deep pool of wonder and stays there drowning itself, there is no benefit to being conclusive or assumptive..
There is philosophy in most our communications but i believe you can be over philosophical and it's not helpful, although it may touch some people deep down.

I personally wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for the brilliant mind of Alan Watts, he had such a spectacular mind.

I do enjoy sharing my perception with others, but obviously it is no great help.

If i'm honest, as much as i would love to help. I'm just a beginner in spirituality, there's not much i can bring to the table..

I think it would be wise to spend my time on this forum learning rather than trying to help, obviously i will offer my help if asked, but it seems all i can do at this stage is to drown in the deep pool of wonder.
Old 13-03-2015, 01:49 PM
celest

Sometimes a learner can bring more to the table than they think as they are not stuck in a ' I know it all ' rut.
Old 13-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Yes perception is vastly different from creation.
We can change our perception which in turn will change the way we experience our life.
It doesn't actually change anything else.
I understand that view...that is why I also said, upon observation over decades, I saw/ noticed the
more I was positive, lighthearted, believed in the best always coming to me...it DID! (creating different
outcomes in my life...ex I lived in Boston furious about drivers....it continued when I moved away...until
I let go caring, ha! No one ever cuts me off now...for the last 25 years!)

It is still quite amazing to watch how that works...as in what I believe..happens....
to me anyway...to my immediate movie screen which is in front of me that I am projecting onto.

This can be 'tested'...for a month think only the most pessimistic thoughts...
you will be proven you were right.
Next, month..forgive, let go, be very up beat thinking only good comes your way...
you will be correct there , too.

It's a fascinating experiment. (But, you must watch for those doubts that creep in in exp #2.
They void the positive thinking you are trying to do.)

Because, I always say....don't believe ME...please, try it yourself....or not.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanb
Yeah, you are right.

But Even changing my perception doesn't really change reality though, it's as solid and unpredictable as before..

All philosophy does is dive into the deep pool of wonder and stays there drowning itself, there is no benefit to being conclusive or assumptive..
There is philosophy in most our communications but i believe you can be over philosophical and it's not helpful, although it may touch some people deep down.

I personally wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for the brilliant mind of Alan Watts, he had such a spectacular mind.

I do enjoy sharing my perception with others, but obviously it is no great help.

If i'm honest, as much as i would love to help. I'm just a beginner in spirituality, there's not much i can bring to the table..

I think it would be wise to spend my time on this forum learning rather than trying to help, obviously i will offer my help if asked, but it seems all i can do at this stage is to drown in the deep pool of wonder.
I've enjoyed hearing your ideas. It gets my old grey cells working. Thankyou.
Old 13-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Sometimes a learner can bring more to the table than they think as they are not stuck in a ' I know it all ' rut.
Absolutely!
Old 13-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Guide

Quote:
I understand that view...that is why I also said, upon observation over decades, I saw/ noticed the
more I was positive, lighthearted, believed in the best always coming to me...it DID! (creating different
outcomes in my life...ex I lived in Boston furious about drivers....it continued when I moved away...until
I let go caring, ha! No one ever cuts me off now...for the last 25 years!)

It is still quite amazing to watch how that works...as in what I believe..happens....
to me anyway...to my immediate movie screen which is in front of me that I am projecting onto.

This can be 'tested'...for a month think only the most pessimistic thoughts...
you will be proven you were right.
Next, month..forgive, let go, be very up beat thinking only good comes your way...
you will be correct there , too.

It's a fascinating experiment. (But, you must watch for those doubts that creep in in exp #2.
They void the positive thinking you are trying to do.)

Because, I always say....don't believe ME...please, try it yourself....or not.
I think your attitude is in seeing the glass half full as opposed to it being half empty. Personally, I see the glass has to be half empty for it to be half full and vice versa.
Old 13-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Quote:
I think your attitude is in seeing the glass half full as opposed to it being half empty.
Personally, I see the glass has to be half empty for it to be half full and vice versa.
Yes, that is my attitude...but cars not ever
cutting me off in 25 years...is not really just an attitude of half full...
that attitude changed my outward environment, is my point.

But, since this is the 3rd x I've said this ...that's enough of that.
Thanks for the civil exchange, Maguru.

(Remember, I'm the one that 'believed' I would never in a zillion years carry a
30 year mortgage...when a friend gave me $100,000 - no strings
to pay it off.
I'm a believer in manifesting and that nothing is impossible...
that we have a God given ability to create. So far I'm right.)
And, likewise, in your world ...you are right.
See? We both are creating what we believe!! Ha!

Old 13-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Yes, that is my attitude...but cars not ever
cutting me off in 25 years...is not really just an attitude of half full...
that attitude changed my outward environment, is my point.
Maybe your driving improved with a change of attitude?

Quote:
But, since this is the 3rd x I've said this ...that's enough of that.
Thanks for the civil exchange, Maguru.

(Remember, I'm the one that 'believed' I would never in a zillion years carry a
30 year mortgage...when a friend gave me $100,000 - no strings
to pay it off.
But you didn't believe this would happen? How is that manifesting?

Quote:
I'm a believer in manifesting and that nothing is impossible...
that we have a God given ability to create. So far I'm right.)
And, likewise, in your world ...you are right.
See? We both are creating what we believe!! Ha!

You perceive you are manifesting but there is a chain of events that can have many possibilities. My point in my seeing the glass both half full and half empty is that what we perceive as negative (and generally ignore) can open up more opportunities to evolve.