Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-12-2013, 05:38 PM

Spiritual meaning of tattoos

I think of getting a permanent tattoo, but I read somewhere that tattoos, from spiritual point of view, are not good for you. Is this true? Does anybody have any experience related to this?

And also, I know that when you are sending a message to a crystal, you can write something on a piece of paper and put the crystal on that paper, and then the crystal will take that thought inside, hold it and guide you with that thought in mind. Is it the same with tattoos? If I get a tattoo that has some specific meaning, will it have affect on me? For example, if I get a tattoo that says: "I am beautiful.", will that thought stick with me and "guide me"?

Thanks a lot.
Old 26-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Ascender
Tattoos are not bad for you, Spiritually or otherwise. Many Ancient Civilisations tattoed themselves- The Vikings, the Egyptians, the Celts. It was seen as a rite of passage, a spiritual thing to the Ancient Civilisations that practiced the art of tattooing. My only advice is research tattoos and what they mean, and never get tattoos of runes. Ever. Get something that means something to you, something you won't regret in three years.
Old 26-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlus
I think of getting a permanent tattoo, but I read somewhere that tattoos, from spiritual point of view, are not good for you. Is this true? Does anybody have any experience related to this?

And also, I know that when you are sending a message to a crystal, you can write something on a piece of paper and put the crystal on that paper, and then the crystal will take that thought inside, hold it and guide you with that thought in mind. Is it the same with tattoos? If I get a tattoo that has some specific meaning, will it have affect on me? For example, if I get a tattoo that says: "I am beautiful.", will that thought stick with me and "guide me"?

Thanks a lot.

Bit off topic but.. my sister had the ashes of our mum tattoo'd into her skin............ Was paramount to her healing process, so I guess there mean for you, what you think they will mean to you :)
Happy inking :)
Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 26-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Experiencer
That's amazing loopylucid,I've been thinking a lot about traditional tattoos lately too ,especially ancient use of them,would be interesting to know more about their spiritual aspect.
Old 26-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
Tattoos are not bad for you, Spiritually or otherwise. Many Ancient Civilisations tattoed themselves- The Vikings, the Egyptians, the Celts. It was seen as a rite of passage, a spiritual thing to the Ancient Civilisations that practiced the art of tattooing. My only advice is research tattoos and what they mean, and never get tattoos of runes. Ever. Get something that means something to you, something you won't regret in three years.

Can I ask why?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 26-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Ascender
Because runes, especially runes like Isa and Thorn/Thurizas, are gateway runes. Even if you get the tattoo burned off, the rune stays on your skin forever.
Old 26-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Raven Poet

I know for me, my tattoo of my spirit guardian, Wolf/Maa'ingan, is comforting. It is like a touchstone, reminding me that this helper is always at my side when I need Her.

I always loved wolves, and got the tatt when I was 28, before my first Sweatlodge ceremony (in my early thirties). And what spirit helper appeared to me during that ceremony? A Wolf - a great silvery white female Wolf. So I knew what I didn't really know back when I got the tatt.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with for an inked touchstone!
Old 26-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
That's amazing loopylucid,I've been thinking a lot about traditional tattoos lately too ,especially ancient use of them,would be interesting to know more about their spiritual aspect.

Its art and its creative, so as far as im concerned its amazing hehehe! Don't know much bout spiritual aspects of tattoo's myself, would be interesting to find out, never really thought of it before :) I wonder when and how it all came about.
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 26-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Master
Today it'll be such a spiritual thing, and in ten years it's be like, 'what was I thinking? Doh!'
Old 27-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Today it'll be such a spiritual thing, and in ten years it's be like, 'what was I thinking? Doh!'

Not necessarily.