Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Experiencer
Thanks for this Thread. It's nice to know that people here are thinking the same things that I am.

I was thinking of calling him Cos or Cosmo.

It would be so nice to have a new name, a brand new name, something original.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 AM
slave of Allaah

Allaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Allaahu Akbar (God is Greater)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yATdz-APSuU
Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Master
Psychoslice ?
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
I am looking for a new name for God; something completely new and different, that has no connotations or ties to any past or present religions or traditions; something I, and maybe others if they wish, can use to address God in prayer. I have been thinking about this for a long, long time, and the closest thing I can come up with (and I don't think it's entirely new) is "Loving Presence."

I am looking for something that has no male or female aspect to it; something that maybe has never been spoken or written before, or if it has, has been lost to the ages.

There are no right or wrong answers, I would just like to know if you have an idea, something you use now, or if this question inspires something to pop into your head - please let me know what that is : )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev

Us. .
Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Psychoslice ?

Sybil!!! But that's probably not new... Is it?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Sybil!!! But that's probably not new... Is it?
Well it sounds better than god lol.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Well, as a Neopagan, the names for the gods are as countless as the words humans can put to them. But if you want something truly novel:

Smash your keys on the keyboard. Such as:

egrjo

Then modify into something pronounceable:

egerjio

Problem solved. For additional fun, change your keyboard to an international setting in a different language entirely. Or eschew the keyboard entirely and just start muttering random sounds until something intuitive resonates with you.

that sounds like fun~!!! XD
Old 04-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
I am curious if ayone can think of any actual names - like perhaps a proper name, like "Bob" or something (ok, not Bob, but you know what I mean! Lol) There are names like Alex, Kris, Terri, etc that can be male or female. Meditate on this question, ponder it if you will and let me know you come up with anything.

Hmmm this made me think about using my own language...

Tala = Star
Liwanag = Light
Alapaap = Cloud/Heaven/Sky
Hari = King
Himig = Music

etc etc :)

You know one time I posted on a forum and asked "if there is a god, what would you like him to be like"? And one of the answers that I really liked is from an Atheist, he said: "Somebody I can have a beer with", and I thought, hell why not??? So I think if you want to use a proper name, think of one that sounds "right" to you depending on how you see your relationship with God. If it's "Chuck" and you imagine yourself having a beer with him then why not. :)
Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Master
I quite like `Paramatman`
altho it has hindu routes it means the sum of all atman, or the great atman, which is the divine spark in us all and connecting us all.
other wise an old name for god is
HUM
I think the thing is to create a dialogue with god, so what ever `tag` or name we give to the divine, as long as it rings our bell is the correct one for us.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Yes I think it would be a good idea to find a name that even awakened atheists feel comfortable to use.

Consciousness seems to work well in these times.