Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Experiencer
New name for "God" - suggestions?

I am looking for a new name for God; something completely new and different, that has no connotations or ties to any past or present religions or traditions; something I, and maybe others if they wish, can use to address God in prayer. I have been thinking about this for a long, long time, and the closest thing I can come up with (and I don't think it's entirely new) is "Loving Presence."

I am looking for something that has no male or female aspect to it; something that maybe has never been spoken or written before, or if it has, has been lost to the ages.

There are no right or wrong answers, I would just like to know if you have an idea, something you use now, or if this question inspires something to pop into your head - please let me know what that is : )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev
Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Better known as Jo

I use Being of Light.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 PM
slave of Allaah

Say (unto mankind): Cry unto Allah, or cry unto the entirely Merciful , unto whichsoever ye cry, His are the most beautiful names. And thou, be not loud-voiced in thy worship nor yet silent therein, but follow a way between. (110) [Quran: Ch.17].
Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM
earthatic

It depends on what you are trying to define Him as, in which the name must also fit in it's meaning. "Loving Presence." may or might not fit in truth because in many different religions He doesn't appear to be 100% loving or benevolent...but I could be wrong. Basically He supposedly claims that all things come from Him, and this being possibly wants to take responsibility for just about everything that occurs, good or bad.. Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things"
Also, some religious writing mentions that His name changes depending on how He is interacting with you. Forgive me for calling Him a "Him/He" since you want an androgynous connotation...

IMO, best name that suits would be YHWH which means "I am."
Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM
I use the Divine sometimes - but mostly Creator - it seems so non-religious.
If I say Source or our Source - it appeals to many - but not to others - it may seem too New Age.
Superior Power or the Superior Being sometimes.
The Unseen Spirit, because if I say Holy Spirit it sounds too Christian for some...
Allah, Jesus, Krishna are out because they have their religious dogma attached to them.

I'm still trying to not offend anyone, because I sure don't care WHAT anyone calls or pictures our Creator as being like.
Whatever they think - that is what (S)He is and much more.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Ascender
Maybe the 'One who is love', ''the Higher one''(but I don't quite like this one ,I prefer the first),or something like this,I'm not really creative today ahah.I use personaly ''the Source'' or ''the source of life/of everything''

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]
Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM
gini

I use Most High,or Source of All.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Knower
I am God.
I am the Goddess.
I am the Supreme Being. The All of Everything. The Beginning and The End. The Alpha and Omega.
I am the Sum and the Substance. The Question and the Answer. The Up and the Down of it. The Left and the Right, the Here and the Now, the Before and the After.
I am the Light, and I am the Darkness that creates the Light, and makes it possible. I am the Goodness Without End, and the "Badness" which makes the "Goodness" good. I am all of these things - the All of Everything.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Master
No name, just pure Silence, once we try to name what IS, it then becomes what isn't.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Quagmire

You could just address the collective consciousness because that is what shapes the Cosmos in which we all live, making us all the creator.