Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 30-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticdreamer
So which deities should I invoke?
None. Invoking deities is irreverent in my eyes. Gods are not to be commanded or called like a dog to do some meager task. The only time I would ever think to do it would be if I have a long past of dedication and reciprocity with the god in question.

I would stick with more mundane ways to fire up creativity, or leave any deities out of the "spell".
Old 30-12-2011, 05:41 AM
AngelicOrin

Well we have no right, really, to tell the OP to not believe in deities - if they so wish to believe, then that is there choice, just as you have the choice not to believe. We all have the right to believe in what we want and there is no right from wrong - pushing your own beliefs onto someone is not cool at all...we should just offer unbiased advice and suggestions for that person.
Old 30-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Occultist

I didnt tell the OP they couldnt believe in Diety's I am simply explaining the diff between a spell and a prayer.
It seemed there were some not the OP but others who didnt understand the diff. But I am a strong supporter of religions of all kinds.
Old 30-12-2011, 06:43 PM
AngelicOrin

:) Thats cool, no harm :)
Old 30-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Occultist

I know there was no harm I was just making sure you understood..
Old 31-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Mysticdreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
None. Invoking deities is irreverent in my eyes. Gods are not to be commanded or called like a dog to do some meager task. The only time I would ever think to do it would be if I have a long past of dedication and reciprocity with the god in question.

I would stick with more mundane ways to fire up creativity, or leave any deities out of the "spell".

Well of course that's your opinion. If they're the ones that took my creativity from me in the first place, then they should give it back. Even if the reason they took it is because I have a lesson to learn. Of course that was what a friend of mine, who is wiccan, pointed out. However I'm not the Gods plaything. I'm no one's plaything.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Well of course that's your opinion. If they're the ones that took my creativity from me in the first place, then they should give it back. Even if the reason they took it is because I have a lesson to learn. Of course that was what a friend of mine, who is wiccan, pointed out. However I'm not the Gods plaything. I'm no one's plaything.
Why would they want to teach you a lesson? What purpose would that serve? Taking someone's creativity isn't exactly a big thing. Why would any god pay you that kind of attention, lest you willfully brought it upon yourself through craven acts against them, or some kind of hubris?

I am not saying you've done anything wrong. I am just not a big supporter of god's randomly doing trivial things to people to teach them some kind of "lesson".
Old 01-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Mysticdreamer

Hey. I didn't do anything. I'm an angel. Maybe the universe just hates me. And I don't mean like lesson as in payback big time. I mean lesson as in life lesson. Still... even if they are trying to teach me a life lesson I'm not their plaything.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Hey. I didn't do anything. I'm an angel. Maybe the universe just hates me. And I don't mean like lesson as in payback big time. I mean lesson as in life lesson. Still... even if they are trying to teach me a life lesson I'm not their plaything.
I clearly stated that I wasn't inferring you did anything wrong. I was merely asking you questions, which you avoided answering

So, why would they teach you a life lesson? What would prompt them to need you to know anything? Is the universe sentient? If so, why would it hold any malice towards you?

I don't know the nature of your religious beliefs; but due to the fact you referenced deities I would hazard to guess you are some kind of polytheist. What is your understanding of what a god is and it's function is in the world?
Old 01-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Occultist

This is why I am glad I am a witch,^