Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 30-01-2011, 02:43 AM
equuslife

Contacting Guides & The Observer Effect

I have been working with someone who has encouraged me to try to contact my guide(s). I am highly analytical, very much based in the scientific realm, but open to many possibilities in the metaphysical. You can only deny it for so long and then you have got to face it ~ "metaphysical happens".

My concern with receiving guidance from guides, as with anything metaphysical such as synchronicities, etc. are whether or not I am influencing the outcome subconsciously or by The Observer Effect.

I realize what I am really asking is, "How can I know for sure?" and I know the answer is, "By believing." But, I would still like to hear what others think about this.

Thanks.
Old 30-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Guide
It's a tricky situation. One of the reasons I stopped speaking to guides and angels and whatever is because I share the same beliefs with you, and that eventually I felt I was talking to myself and going in circles with my mind.

The only thing that I have seen to change my mind is my dreams; some of which said guides appeared and it was so vivid I can't deny something was up, and some out of body experiences which changed my thinking on the subject. Also- asking for things to happen in my life, and receiving them. Whether this is done by guides or not it's something I take into consideration.

People will tell you that the answer is 'by believing' but it's really not. The proof is in the unexpected.
Old 30-01-2011, 03:39 AM
equuslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
The proof is in the unexpected.

Yes, you are correct. That is very profound.

Thank you!
Old 30-01-2011, 07:06 AM
sunny shine

You will surely know who is speaking your mind or your higher self. What I do is I concentrate 23 inches above my head and ask my vibration to be raised to connect with my higher self, of course with proper protection to start with. This I do as a preparatory step before meditation. Now whatever the situation is; whether in office or at home when I need guidance I just concentrate on this higher point as ask for guidance I get it. It’s not a voice outside or myself or any entity that is physically there, but more simple. I call it a knowing immediately I realize my thoughts are transformed and I am able act correctly.

If we are waiting for any immediate transformation like in movies after you act on guidance, you just wait and though superficially it looks that the guidance did not produce much results etc; if you just wait for some time you will see the transformation take place.

This of course is what I have experienced.
Old 30-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Master
Being someone who lives completely in her right brain, "believing" this stuff wasn't too hard. I'm open to almost everything, basically. But even still, I did have that "what if it isn't true" thought. The subconscious is powerful, yes, but is it powerful enough to affect the will of others?
I hope you don't mind my giving you an example:
There's a certain guide of mine who introduced himself in a dream one night. The interesting thing about this is that before I had fallen asleep, I had specifically asked to meet my guardian angel, whom I thought I knew by name. The guide I had met didn't say he was a guide; instead, I felt like I knew him - almost like he was an older brother.
Afterward, I asked for confirmation that he was a guide. He showed up in two other dreams (one of which related to his name) and gave me a few signs with his name (he goes by "Spike." How often do you hear that word/name in daily life?) during my day.

As for the will of others, well... I asked to play a color game with him. You might have heard me mention this on another post, but basically, I asked him whether I'd be buying a car sometime during the week and to show me red as many times as possible for NO and green as many times as possible for YES over a span of 3 days. (Obviously, I wouldn't be buying a car. I'm still a teenager.) On the third day, I ended up with over 400 reds and about 150 greens.
So I guess I'm trying to say: how would your subconscious influence this outcome? I counted every kid who was wearing red at school, red cars, obvious red school supplies, bookbags, etc. Do you believe your subconscious is powerful enough / has the right to influence what people wear? What route they take to work?

Guides aren't meant to show you overly obvious signs, nor are they suppose to invade your thoughts at every given chance. If they did, we wouldn't exactly have free will, would we? Their job is to gently nudge us in the right direction. Referring to my color example above: what if your guide showed you a surplus of red when you didn't even ask for it? Would you notice? If you did, would you take it as something you need to consider for yourself? Or would you, like many, merely think, "Wow. Everyone's wearing red today."

The purpose of living on Earth, I feel, is to learn lessons. Most of us here agree with that. It's up to us to choose what we accept or reject. As I read: "Trust that everything is going according to plan." You can either trust that yes, your guides are present and doing their best to help you out, or no, your guides are there out of wishful thinking. In fact, a user here (Gem) commented that you shouldn't believe you have guides simply because we tell you that they're present.

Oh, darn. I didn't intend for this to be so drawn-out. Oops. So I suppose I'll end with this: in the end, it's up to you.

~Ev

Old 30-01-2011, 03:47 PM
equuslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
As for the will of others, well... I asked to play a color game with him. You might have heard me mention this on another post, but basically, I asked him whether I'd be buying a car sometime during the week and to show me red as many times as possible for NO and green as many times as possible for YES over a span of 3 days. (Obviously, I wouldn't be buying a car. I'm still a teenager.) On the third day, I ended up with over 400 reds and about 150 greens.
So I guess I'm trying to say: how would your subconscious influence this outcome? I counted every kid who was wearing red at school, red cars, obvious red school supplies, bookbags, etc. Do you believe your subconscious is powerful enough / has the right to influence what people wear? What route they take to work? ~Ev

I believe your subconscious can alter your awareness of these things and affect the outcome of your observance. In other words, that it makes you notice things you would not normally have noticed, and in a pattern of preference or what you truly believe. This is what I struggle with specifically in relationship to synchronicities, being able to do kinesiology muscle testing on yourself, or knowing that what I am hearing/seeing/feeling from another source is not just what I want the answer to be or think the answer should be.
Old 30-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
I believe your subconscious can alter your awareness of these things and affect the outcome of your observance. In other words, that it makes you notice things you would not normally have noticed, and in a pattern of preference or what you truly believe. This is what I struggle with specifically in relationship to synchronicities, being able to do kinesiology muscle testing on yourself, or knowing that what I am hearing/seeing/feeling from another source is not just what I want the answer to be or think the answer should be.

Ah, I see. Well, then, I suppose it's up to your judgment.
Then again, maybe having your subconscious "aware" - as you put it - is a good thing. Like I mentioned before: if you didn't specifically ask to see red, and you went about your day perhaps noticing that everyone was wearing red, or driving red cars, etc... what would you think? Would you take it as a sign? Or would you shrug it off as "coincidence"?
You can probably tell that I feel coincidences are intended, and not random at all. But how do you feel about them?

That's why I'm so intrigued by life. The "little things" we rarely perceive...

Old 30-01-2011, 04:50 PM
equuslife

There is no such thing as coincidence.

The question for me is, is it a sign or, something I am having an increased awareness of because of my desire to see it.
Old 31-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Mothwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
There is no such thing as coincidence.

The question for me is, is it a sign or, something I am having an increased awareness of because of my desire to see it.

That is a very good point.

Unfortunately, I think it's just like you said in your first post. There is no way we can know for certain. You either give in and just believe, or continue to struggle with it. I think it depends on which would make you happier.

There are still times when I wonder if I'm really communicating with some higher being or if I'm just talking to myself (even after so many years), but I've come to the conclusion that whatever the case, it makes me feel better. It helps me handle stress and navigate through my life with love and happiness, and in the end that's what matters to me.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:34 PM
equuslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothwing
There are still times when I wonder if I'm really communicating with some higher being or if I'm just talking to myself (even after so many years), but I've come to the conclusion that whatever the case, it makes me feel better. It helps me handle stress and navigate through my life with love and happiness, and in the end that's what matters to me.

Very well said.

I laid in bed last might thinking about this thread and hoping no one was perceiving me as being argumentative. I just so want to know the truth and have a hard time with just believing without seeing. I was given a scientific analytical mind which has served others well but perhaps has not served me as well as my intuitive mind could if I would let it.