Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-07-2023, 03:25 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Humility, purity, simplicity, spontaneity ~ or we may say, to be a child again! .

Unseeking Seeker,

I hope this was noticed…..the first 3 are to be expected….but spontaneity might be overlooked by many. A lot of implications for me….chiefly an assured honesty and the absence of any influence of the ego.
Old 16-07-2023, 02:25 PM
Knower
Here is video #1 of a series of 12 vids. from Dr. Gilbert if anyone is interested.

Rosicrucian Science Of Initiation(9:54 mins.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WO2rT8M8OI
Old 16-07-2023, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Unseeking Seeker,

I hope this was noticed…..the first 3 are to be expected….but spontaneity might be overlooked by many. A lot of implications for me….chiefly an assured honesty and the absence of any influence of the ego.

Ah yes, spontaneity ~ free flowing, unclinging, present in the now continuum in playfulness, as life renews itself, moment by moment.
Old 16-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezi-ulgen
Here is video #1 of a series of 12 vids. from Dr. Gilbert if anyone is interested.

Rosicrucian Science Of Initiation(9:54 mins.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WO2rT8M8OI

Thanks for sharing, have watched the first two. Dr. Gilbert is quite consistent in his approach, which like Advaita Vedanta, is a statement of truth (as in theory) in contrast to Kashmir Shaivism for example, which focuses on directly feeling the life force within. Or we may say, one shows the map, the other actually walks on the terrain. Of course, there are 10 other videos left to watch. In any case, Dr. Gilbert is a good speaker so we can learn something from him and then decide how it may help us in real terms.
Old 16-07-2023, 06:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Or we may say, one shows the map, the other actually walks on the terrain.

Then also the questions of if the maps accurate and can actually lead one to the sought destinations through using it. If one is already standing at the destination (and is just unaware of it) a map telling how to get there may not be what is needed. In that case, what is needed is taking ones attention off the map and merely looking around and seeing what is.
Old 17-07-2023, 04:49 AM
Master
@ Maisy ~ yes, a journey without movement, from delusion to illumination, wherein the seeker becomes the answer, requiring thereafter no translator.

A statement of facts does not help, such as saying all is one, God is good, we are made in His image. We need to recognise all of this by seeing directly.

Scriptures address mind, which we need to leave behind. So, since we are in mind, we may say, scriptures are the map, they point out the way. However, if mind accepts it, it must then relinquish control to the heart, meld with love, the seat of our soul, universal consciousness, by surrendering. That would be walking the path, enabling becoming or let’s say, blossoming.

We are in duality. It is, what it is. Meditation shows us truth of singularity. So, there’s nothing to negate. Instead, bilocate, aware of both this and that, metaphorically speaking. Or as Swami Lakshmanjoo said somewhere, ‘with each breath the universe appears and disappears’.
Old 17-07-2023, 06:59 AM
Master

Quote:
We need to recognize all of this by seeing directly.

Scriptures address mind, which we need to leave behind.

I think the soul itself, or consciousness, is a type of mind. Like to me if someone says, "leave the mind behind" I always specify it as "body mind" in my thinking as I think even if we leave thought behind we remain as what we have always been.

The way I currently see it is we are merged with the body and it's mind but we are the only "mind" that is aware, we are a distinct entity that is experiencing a human life and a human mind, but I think the body mind is pretty insubstantial. It can be intense for sure, emotional and overwhelming but it is never really us to me. It's like watching some movie and crying or being scared or whatever. We are merged with the physical so we experience that intensely. But it is always us experiencing it and not it experiencing us.

So to me leaving mind behind means we experience subline peace and such but we don't change or even notice a change in ourselves, our experience is what changes.

Like if you tell someone you choose to not think, they seem to imagine you are a vegetable. Not thinking takes more energy and awareness than thinking in my opinion. So the way I see it, you are more yourself, not less, when you are transcending (body) mind or thought.