Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-05-2011, 05:39 PM
NetSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse
I was thinking, John's Gospel begins : In the beginning, there was the WORD. That was King James's (i think) translation.
What do you think John meant?

I don't know very much about the Bible as I'm not religious.
All I know is that the Bible's been translated and edited many times. It could very well have stated something else, originally
Old 24-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Hey people don't post too fast been gone for coupla hours so many replies this is wonderful, thank you all for taking the time to share your wonderful thoughts !
So little time, my older daughter want the pc for herself...fat chance lol
Well NetSeeker that's a very nice concept ! I was thinking, John's Gospel begins : In the beginning, there was the WORD. That was King James's (i think) translation. However, in the Greek translation the original word for "WORD" is ΛΟΓΟΣ (LOGOS). This word in greek means speech as well as INTELLIGENCE. The english word LOGIC is derived from logos. Interesting huh?What do you think John meant?
perhaps he meant just what he said the literal Word or Voice, or Sound of God...also known as the Music of the Spheres, the Shabd, the Dhunatmik,the Bani, the Unstruck Melody the Ek, etc etc....Acts 2:2 also speaks of a Divine Sound, as well as other places in the bible...some very ancient Essene texts also speak of the Tree of Life, the Divine Light and Sound of God...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-05-2011, 07:39 PM
seahorse

"But then, not all Old Souls need to brag about it or try to gain brownie points for declared themselves as such. :-) There are a few on these forums." Haha i like that Greenslade. Personally i believe that a person who's REALLY enlightened would never brag about his/her knowledge on spiritual stuff. As a matter of fact i think some "gurus" plagueing spiritual forums are in reality complete losers, no-lifers trying to convince themselves they're something special cause they happen to read a lot of "weird" stuff. I know there are really enlightened persons out there but frankly, i'm not impressed by knowledge only. I consider a kind heart and the will to help others the most important factors to determine a person's real value. To me, a volunteer to any humanitarian cause is immensely more important and "enlightened" than any so-called "Seer" or "Master" or "Oracle" etc etc who selfishly brags about him/herself, at the same time doing absolutely nothing to make this world a better place.
Old 25-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Trieah

Quote:
"But then, not all Old Souls need to brag about it or try to gain brownie points for declared themselves as such. :-) There are a few on these forums." Haha i like that Greenslade. Personally i believe that a person who's REALLY enlightened would never brag about his/her knowledge on spiritual stuff. As a matter of fact i think some "gurus" plagueing spiritual forums are in reality complete losers, no-lifers trying to convince themselves they're something special cause they happen to read a lot of "weird" stuff. I know there are really enlightened persons out there but frankly, i'm not impressed by knowledge only. I consider a kind heart and the will to help others the most important factors to determine a person's real value. To me, a volunteer to any humanitarian cause is immensely more important and "enlightened" than any so-called "Seer" or "Master" or "Oracle" etc etc who selfishly brags about him/herself, at the same time doing absolutely nothing to make this world a better place.

Hum. . . . While I can see your point of view, I also think it's simply a matter of personal perception on how we all look at each other. We each have the free will to believe what we want to believe in. Whether we share the wisdoms we've learned with others, or engage in acts of humanitarian causes. Is that not all still considered some form of helping others to aspire to better things?

We must each find our own truth, our own path. Sometimes, that path will have enough in common with someone else's path, and sometimes it will not. If someone else's way does not work for you, then it simply does not work, for you. But, does that mean the other person is in fact, a "loser"? Or are they just a "loser" in your eyes, in your perception?

Obviously, these people who write books or have followings, have found their path and wish to help others. And hopefully, they've gained enough insight to realize that their path is not the one and only path out there, and don't force others to follow them. I think that right there, would be a key factor to consider. Just how much do they spread their knowledge to help others, and how much do they spread it to help themselves? It's quite the delicate balancing act, since one hand washes the other. But even with the best of intentions, anyone can come along and call foul, just because they judge with a negative mindset.
Old 25-05-2011, 11:45 AM
seahorse

"Is that not all still considered some form of helping others to aspire to better things?" Of course, as long as the knowledge shared is somewhat "valid" and not just for someone's profit ! I mean, how many books about the end of the world in 1999 were sold? And how many people were terrified by them? I was talking about false prophets who make a buck (or many!) selling **** to people eager to believe
My definition of a "Loser": A person who immerses him/herself in spirituality because he/she is so wrapped around his/her EGO to understand that seeking enlightement just for ourselves and never attempt to help anyone is selfish. A person who hates society for various reason and finds refuge in the occult. It was this kind of people i meant. Selfish, full of inferiority complexes, immature egomaniacs and yes these people are losers. I didn't mean that everyone with a different opinion then mine is a loser, no way. There are good people and bad onew everywhere.
"judge with a negative mindset." I prefer that than believing in everything i hear or read. I don't want to end up like those people who believed the world was about to end in 21 may, or 21 of october, or 21/12/2012 or the next false prophecy for someone to make a buck.
Old 26-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Of course, as long as the knowledge shared is somewhat "valid" and not just for someone's profit ! I mean, how many books about the end of the world in 1999 were sold? And how many people were terrified by them? I was talking about false prophets who make a buck (or many!) selling **** to people eager to believe
My definition of a "Loser": A person who immerses him/herself in spirituality because he/she is so wrapped around his/her EGO to understand that seeking enlightement just for ourselves and never attempt to help anyone is selfish. A person who hates society for various reason and finds refuge in the occult. It was this kind of people i meant. Selfish, full of inferiority complexes, immature egomaniacs and yes these people are losers. I didn't mean that everyone with a different opinion then mine is a loser, no way. There are good people and bad onew everywhere.
"judge with a negative mindset." I prefer that than believing in everything i hear or read. I don't want to end up like those people who believed the world was about to end in 21 may, or 21 of october, or 21/12/2012 or the next false prophecy for someone to make a buck.

Yes. That's exactly what I was getting at, valid teaching vs. for profit only Don't worry, I'm not trying to start problems for you. It's just that from the way you wrote up your comments, it was hard to tell exactly whom you were targeting. And even then, I couldn't tell how you were coming to your conclusions on strangers, whom you really don't know anything about their actual personality, to know if they have deeper layers then what's portrayed on the outside. Sorry, I've just know way to many good people, including myself, who were labeled "loser" by others, just because they couldn't see the other person for who they really were, a unique individual.

Yes, there are good and bad people out there. Some may deserve the labels they get placed on them, while others may not. There are essentially bad people who get praised by others, just because they know how to work the system. While there are essentially good people who get accused of being egotistic, people haters or some such other thing, who just didn't do as good of a job at showing the world their true self.

But the thing that I just don't understand, and perhaps never will, is how does someone else really know one way or the other about a person, to be able to make that call, unless it is judging through a negative mindset. Now, that's not to say that the person doing the judging, is a negative person in general. But who's to say that the act of judging too harshly, is not some sort of egocentric way of being a people hater or having some kind of superiority complex?

These are just the kinds of things I ponder over. And maybe I'm just a fool for looking too deeply into something that other's find so simple to answer. I guess I just need someone to explain to me why the world seems to be so full of hypocrisy at times. And yes, I do understand that I myself sometimes fall into the category of being a hypocrite at times, as well.

Sorry for rambling on so much.
Old 26-05-2011, 12:30 PM
seahorse

Trieah, please understand english is not my first language and i find it difficult to find the right words to correctly express my thoughts. In the future i will be more careful so there are no misunderstandings.
Well i too was called a "loser" by the same idiots who couldn't accept that someone is different. In time i learned they are just lost people who still have a lot to learn about life, and Life would eventually give the lessons their spirit needed. Because i believe that's what we all are here for, face our challenges, learn our lessons and evolve as spirits.
"how does someone else really know one way or the other about a person"
Well, experience i think. The lessons i talked about earlier. I meet bad people, I believe in them out of my good will and they hurt me. And i take my lesson. And i am more careful next time. And that's a good thing because it saves me from being hurt again. And i know i'm not judging from a negative mindset when i'm able to tell the difference between good and bad people. If everyone looks bad to me, then yes i am prejudiced and wrong. That doesn't mean i don't make mistakes, everybody does. And there's a lesson for me to learn in the occassion i judge someone wrong ! Nevertheless, my motto remains "better safe than sorry"
"I'm just a fool for looking too deeply into something that other's find so simple to answer" are you sure their answers are the correct ones? I've met some "wise men" who were just egomaniacs deluding themselves they know everything. Well, show me a wise man and i'll show you a fool. He stopped learning because he knows everything. Why should he learn anything else? After all he's wise.....Socrates, one of the greatest Greek philosopher said :
"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance" For our eyes to truly open my friend first we must realize they are closed......too many people fail at that. Too many people do not understand what "enlightenment" really means. When we invite the Light to our life, it will reveal the Darkness inside us. We choose to ignore it, not look at it but it's there my friend. And i'm not talking about the devil no, i'm talking about our Ego. The darkest and most perilous journey anyone can make is the journey inside, but it's the only one that could eventually lead to salvation.
"I just need someone to explain to me why the world seems to be so full of hypocrisy at times"
Because it is, my friend. And if you are able to see this, you are well on your path to true enlightenment !
Now i believe i've rambled on more than you lol
Old 26-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Trieah

Ah..... BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!! Well said my dearest brother. I compassionately toss a rose at your feet. Please pardon my little prodding to see where your mind and heart were really at. I am completely satisfied that you are not as close minded as you first seemed to be, when I read those comments. Oh how I do love to be wrong in cases such as this For I too have been hurt many a time by the same kinds of people you spoke of. And yes, it is wise to use caution. But, I've found, that even when someone else can actually hurt me again, it is all up to me, as to just how much they can truly effect me. I don't really like giving my power away to others, regardless of what their actual intentions were

I actually enjoy taking Socrates' approach to wisdom. So, I ask my little questions, and ponder my little thoughts, always having some sort of answer. Yet, I do so enjoy listening to what others have to say as well. It restores my faith in humanity when I find that not all those who only seem a bit narrow minded on the surfaced, have just as much wisdom as I. And who knows, maybe some day I'll actually learn something that I didn't really already know

Yes, I may play a fool at times, pretending to not know anything, one way or the other, but fear not, I did understand, and already knew the answer you gave about the world just being the way it is. Such things are simply a part of the human condition, not one of our best attributes, perhaps, but a part of us all, none the less.

I greatly enjoyed getting to know a little more about you, through our dialog. Peace and Love be with you, my brother.
Old 27-05-2011, 02:42 PM
seahorse

Thank you for your kind words my friend....better yet, my brother. And yes it's rejuvenating for the soul to see other souls living thousands of miles away and yet so close spiritually. I pray the next stage of human evolution is the homo spiritualis (or something like that), the evolved species that will triumph over the selfish and self-destructive homo sapiens sapiens (what irony sapiens=wise lol) i don't know why i have this crazy idea this is already happening or will start soon...wishful thinking maybe (or not?)
I'm really happy to meet you Trieah, couldn't help but smile when i read "Yes, I may play a fool at times, pretending to not know anything" i thought well well, a fellow undercover explorer of human nature....
May the Universe guide you towards the Light my Brother, i'm looking forward to hear some of the Wisdom you attained in your journey so far.
Old 27-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Trieah

Quote:
i don't know why i have this crazy idea this is already happening or will start soon

You would not be too far off from the truth, in thinking this There is indeed a growing shift in consciousness, that is happening even now as we speak. While I can not say how long it will take to fully complete the cycle, but I do know that it has started.

Oh. . . , heh. While I do not take any offense at your words, it might be of interest to know that in this physical incarnation, I'm actually a sister, as opposed to a brother