Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(And are kind, not rude to others.)
You mean "kind not rude" to those who self-indulgently adandon, betray, or simply leech off of others in the Stream of Life (who are Living Life as well) - like 'adult', 'I' am Wonderful because 'I' am 'God' thumbsuckers - I presume? If not, please clarify.

This comes to mind in the foregoing regard (quoted from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Jack_Horner ):

Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating his Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said, "What a good boy am I!"

Old 20-04-2020, 04:01 PM
ketzer

It seems to me that whatever one's image of God is, it is not God. Though I may have my own image or many images of God, the moment I begin to imagine them, they place limitation on God. But what can us bears of limited brain do when trying to imagine that which is unlimited? If we wish to approach God with the mind, then we must use the tools we have and accept that they have their limitations that we cannot overcome. Often, I am comforted by my knowledge of things. I think it is because I feel that knowledge is power. Yet I am also often comforted by the belief that there are some things that are probably well beyond the power of my mind to know. I know that whatever it's boundaries may be, my mind is a very limited place, much too small to hold the all that is. On the other hand, if we approach God with the heart, then perhaps our fear is the only limitation, and maybe that can be overcome. Perhaps the heart is ultimately unbound and able to hold and appreciate the depth of the mystery and stand enraptured in it all.
Old 20-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps the heart is ultimately unbound and able to hold and appreciate the depth of the mystery and stand enraptured in it all.

Another classic.
Old 20-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Master

Quote:

But I don't care if ya believe in no God or many...I do care that
you are having fun and are happy and well, tho.

Yes...everyone who is awakening intuits "God" in some way, shape, or form and accordingly begins to see the posssibility of "entering God's House" more consciously and deliberately by some doorway (even atheist). They also recognize that other aspirants are doing the same, that God presence is immanent, and therefore God-awareness is available to them in some way, shape, or form - and so too, to others as well. And for aspirants, that God is increasingly directly guiding this process (this is what awakening is) internally in some way - which is also the deference, the honoring of that process in others, e.g., NAMASTE, "I bow to the Spirit" in you. This is the origin of kindness...oneness with Spirit.

~ J
Old 20-04-2020, 05:08 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You mean "kind not rude" to those who self-indulgently adandon, betray, or simply leech off of others in the Stream of Life (who are Living Life as well) - like 'adult', 'I' am Wonderful because 'I' am 'God' thumbsuckers - I presume? If not, please clarify.

This comes to mind in the foregoing regard (quoted from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Jack_Horner ):

Little Jack Horner
Sat in the corner,
Eating his Christmas pie;
He put in his thumb,
And pulled out a plum,
And said, "What a good boy am I!"

Maybe it is just that I don't understand this particular dialect of David-speak but I must say. I don't know much about this horny little Jack guy, or what he did wrong to have to sit in the corner, but the tone of your post makes it sound like you are genuinely upset about it. ? .

Perhaps this is some sort of PTSD thing with repressed memories coming to the surface...IDK. If it would help, perhaps we could arrange for a papal indulgence for little Jack, free of charge, to expunge whatever crime he committed to be sentenced to his time in the corner.
In pantheism, we place no boundaries on who should be treated "kind not rude".
Old 20-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Naw, I'm into the One Brilliant Agent beyond space and time - -are there
lesser gods out there - sure, maybe - I would call them way Advanced Souls or beyond Masters...maybe.

But, I'll stick with the One, the Only One...my one Father/Creator.

But I don't care if ya believe in no God or many...I do care that
you are having fun and are happy and well, tho.
I am seriously wondering about (you might even say questioning) your 'relationship' with Jesus, Miss H. It was my impression that he was one of your 'heroes'. Do you think he was being "kind, not rude" when he trashed the money-lenders' table in the temple, or when he took "Scribes and Pharisees" to task by making statements like what are reported in Matthew 23:13-33. If so, please deign to tell me how you arrived at such conclusion.
Old 20-04-2020, 06:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I am seriously wondering about (you might even say questioning) your 'relationship' with Jesus, Miss H. It was my impression that he was one of your 'heroes'. Do you think he was being "kind, not rude" when he trashed the money-lenders' table in the temple, or when he took "Scribes and Pharisees" to task by making statements like what are reported in Matthew 23:13-33. If so, please deign to tell me how you arrived at such conclusion.
Hmmmm.... good points DS....I hope you don't mind we chime in here. I wonder if the answer might lie in what we all include under the definition of "Kindness". I suppose that sometimes, it may require tough love to help someone see the error of their ways...assuming we know that error....which being Jesus we will give him the benefit of the doubt. Even hard truths should be delivered softly at first, but what does one do when those one is speaking to don't have ears to listen. Is it rude to shout in that case....? I suppose it is a judgement call, and one must decide how much they can rely on their own judgment in each circumstance.
I have always had mixed feelings about the part in Fried Green Tomatoes when Idgie sees Smokie out back shaking away with the DTs and then goes and gets him a bottle and sends him off to drink it in peace. It is sometimes a bit difficult to know what the kind thing to do is, how to help another.
Old 20-04-2020, 06:27 PM
Master
Was Jesus being kind? rude? Or just getting the job done!
Old 20-04-2020, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Hmmmm.... good points DS....I hope you don't mind we chime in here. I wonder if the answer might lie in what we all include under the definition of "Kindness". I suppose that sometimes, it may require tough love to help someone see the error of their ways...assuming we know that error....which being Jesus we will give him the benefit of the doubt. Even hard truths should be delivered softly at first, but what does one do when those one is speaking to don't have ears to listen. Is it rude to shout in that case....? I suppose it is a judgement call, and one must decide how much they can rely on their own judgment in each circumstance.
I have always had mixed feelings about the part in Fried Green Tomatoes when Idgie sees Smokie out back shaking away with the DTs and then goes and gets him a bottle and sends him off to drink it in peace. It is sometimes a bit difficult to know what the kind thing to do is, how to help another.
Yah, maan! I like/agree with the idea of peeps making and being 'allowed' to make and share* their own 'judgment' calls in relation to 'moral' issues, not just nice-nice 'following' or carte blanche 'honoring' others' notions or what is 'OK' 'good' in 'polyanna' fashion. We would still have 'slavery' in the U.S. and women would have no right to vote in this country if that was the case, for just a couple of notable instances. Women are still barred form serving as 'priests' in many ostensibly 'holy' religions wherein members are "kind, not rude" to those who still 'honorably'(????) 'administer' such rules, for another set of instances.

*From my book pertaning to this issue: "Though consensus may occasionally be arrived at and, even without it, certain value systems and hierarchies may prevail for periods of time, such a state of affairs is bound to be temporary. Sooner or later Life’s exigencies will change, just like the weather. What works for the best at one point won’t at another. The bottom line to what I’m saying is that, in the arena of involvement and interaction, there just aren’t any always-apropos rules. Making the most of relationships therefore requires that one recognize and creatively deal with (not just censor or run to the 'powers that be' to get them to 'eliminate') contention and change regarding the viability of alternative modes of behavior and desirability of different goals. It follows that it is very unwise to simply adopt and aim to always function, or to try to get others to likewise adopt and function, in accordance with any particular set of precepts and priorities, however well-touted by however many, and however comprehensive they may seem from your present point of view."

P.S. I note you didn't have 'trouble' relating to what I have said in the above regard, Ketz. Maybe this was because you found the topic itself (in thgis case) less 'problematic' to 'trouble'-shoot?
Old 20-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps this is some sort of PTSD thing with repressed memories coming to the surface...IDK. If it would help, perhaps we could arrange for a papal indulgence for little Jack, free of charge, to expunge whatever crime he committed to be sentenced to his time in the corner.
In pantheism, we place no boundaries on who should be treated "kind not rude".
I assume you didn't 'bother' (because you didn't have 'the time') to click on and read what's the link relating to the poem about Jack Horner. No PTSD, law-breaking 'crime' or papal indulgence involved: from what's at the wiki-link about the poem: "it was early associated with acts of opportunism, particularly in politics. Moralists also rewrote and expanded the poem so as to counter its celebration of greediness (i.e. of what I call self-indulgence )."