Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Avelynne

Who is this forest spirit?

I don't have much experience when it comes to nature spirits, but I think that I might have encountered one. Yesterday I was walking in a nearby forest, I suddenly felt like the forest's presence grew "stronger" and it felt like there was something there. Suddenly I had a vision where I was at the center of the forest, and there was a green glowing orb. Then I noticed a spirit moving towards me. He had rather sharp looking face and deer's horns on top of his head. His skin was covered with bark.

The vision got a bit blurrier, but I saw bowed to him and he said "I'd like you to have it". I really don't understand what he meant by that, but then the vision ended and the forest's presence went back to normal. Was that just product of my overactive imagination or does anybody know who he might have been?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Master
Two possibilities to consider. Either The Green Man - the spirit of Wild Nature - a vegetation spirit OR Kernunnos [a horned god] - the masculine spirit of nature.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Two possibilities to consider. Either The Green Man - the spirit of Wild Nature - a vegetation spirit OR Kernunnos [a horned god] - the masculine spirit of nature.

My intuition says the latter of the two. Does this here picture make sense to you Avelynne

Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Avelynne

Most certainly! Thank you for your reply, that does looks a lot like him. Might you know why he might have appeared to me? I still keep wondering what that vision may have meant.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Quagmire

If you have to follow your intuition what is the first that comes to mind about why he appeared to you. In this here excersise just follow your heart and know nothing is to strange to be written down
Old 21-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Henri77

Awesome story......and gift.... I'm envious, (as a city "kid") that you were invited to this realm. I'm having a deeper connection with nature, on occasion, and must really find- venture deeper into some forest, soon.

That clip of Yoda is so deeply moving... how I wish we had more films with such a character-teachings..... His character was a truly inspired idea of Lucas.

I agree... he welcomed you ... now explore deeper, internally.. now that the connection was made.

Dolphins once contacted me, while walking in a busy city area... and I should do the same thing. more often, while in meditation. I've met them on occasion but never begun a dialogue

Last edited by Henri77 : 21-06-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avelynne

I don't have much experience when it comes to nature spirits, but I think that I might have encountered one. Yesterday I was walking in a nearby forest, I suddenly felt like the forest's presence grew "stronger" and it felt like there was something there. Suddenly I had a vision where I was at the center of the forest, and there was a green glowing orb. Then I noticed a spirit moving towards me. He had rather sharp looking face and deer's horns on top of his head. His skin was covered with bark.

The vision got a bit blurrier, but I saw bowed to him and he said "I'd like you to have it". I really don't understand what he meant by that, but then the vision ended and the forest's presence went back to normal. Was that just product of my overactive imagination or does anybody know who he might have been?

"I'd like you to have it"

Perhaps something else was watching over and got you out of there, but quick, before whatever it was gave to you whatever it had to give.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Avelynne

I'm not sure, I really don't know what he might have wanted to give me. That forest has quite a strong presence, and now that I have walked there after that vision I've noticed that there are in fact a lot of spirits in there. Many of them are attached to the trees. Do you think that whatever he wanted to give me was something dangerous?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
I'm not sure, I really don't know what he might have wanted to give me. That forest has quite a strong presence, and now that I have walked there after that vision I've noticed that there are in fact a lot of spirits in there. Many of them are attached to the trees. Do you think that whatever he wanted to give me was something dangerous?

All forests have strong presence and are full of spirits it's whether we're aware of it/them and able to experience such. This doesn't make us unique, it makes us more in balance.

What has me thinking whatever it was this being had to give you was either not so good, or if you were not ready to receive it, was your description of this experience ending without receiving whatever was spoke of being offered.

Perhaps it was beneficial and you were not ready, or else something watching over pulled you away from this being.

This being wanted to give you something. Did you not say he had skin like tree bark ?
Old 13-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Henri77

Quote:

For "some reason" I feel he wanted to share an awareness of nature with you.\
I suspect it's part of your nature-past that may have been forgotten.
I feel the ability to commune with nature is VERY important for man in general, as we've become estranged from mother earth.
An not that many westerners are aware of nature intelligence-spirits.

We must consider, nature spirits don't have the same social conventions we do, just as many ET's don't.... so it's best not to judge on social nicieties.

Amer indians, shaman know this well, that nature spirits live by a different code than most socialized humans

Still, trust YOUR instinct about this particular place.

(the spirits we see in popular media & fiction is man's invention, and is not likely representative of the real thing you perceive