Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Serenity Bear

So You Want To Be A Medium

So you want to be a Medium, heres some questions to ask yourself before you take that step at making the final decision?

1. Why do you want to be a Medium?

2. How much work are you prepared to put in to be a Medium?

3. How long do you think it will take?

4. What sort of Mediumship is of interest to you, or you feel you could do?

5. Do you want to be famous?

6. Do you want to be financially well off?

7. Are you prepared to be sick as the result of your Mediumship?

8. What sort of people do you expect to meet doing Mediumship?

9. Are you mentally strong?

10. Could you look a photos of death scenes regularly?

11. Could you feel how someone has died regularly?

12. Are you artistic?

13. Do you feel atmospheres in certain places?

14. Do you take on other peoples emotions or even illnessess?

15. What is your discipline like?

16. Are you late to meetings etc often?

Here are just a few questions you need the answers to before stepping on the first run of mediumship.

Now the answers:

1. Why do you want to be a Medium? TO HELP OTHERS SHOULD BE YOUR ANSWER.

2. How much work are you prepared to put in to be a Medium? IT'S JUST LIKE LEARNING A LANGUAGE SO LOT OF STUDY IS REQUIRED

3. How long do you think it will take? IT TAKES DECADES NOT YEARS SO I HOPE YOUR IN FOR THE LONG HAUL.

4. What sort of Mediumship is of interest to you, or you feel you could do? HAVE A LOOK AT CLAIRAUDIENCE, CLAIRSENTIENCE, CLAIRSENT, CLAIRGUSTIENCE, CLAIRVOYANCE, TRANCE, PHSYICAL, PSYCHIC ART

5. Do you want to be famous? NOPE MOST AREN'T INFACT MOST ARE VERY SECRETATIVE ABOUT IT.

6. Do you want to be financially well off? NOPE MOST AREN'T

7. Are you prepared to be sick as the result of your Mediumship? YEP A LOT ARE, ESPECIALLY WITH DIABETES, HEART PROBLEMS.

8. What sort of people do you expect to meet doing Mediumship? YOU WILL MEET A LOT OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE EVEN THOSE WHO TOTALLY HATE YOU AND WILL SPIT ON YOU.

9. Are you mentally strong? THIS IS VITAL, IF YOUR NOT STRONG YOU WONT BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH THE STUFF BELOW

10. Could you look a photos of death scenes regularly? YEP WE DO, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR CLAIRVOYANT (SEEING).

11. Could you feel how someone has died regularly? YEP WE DO

12. Are you artistic? YES THERE ARE PSYCHIC ARTISTS WHO ARE MEDIUMS EVEN THOUGH THE NAME SAYS OTHERWISE. THEY DRAW THE FACES OF THE SPIRIT.

13. Do you feel atmospheres in certain places? YES MOST MEDIUMS SENSE SPIRIT MORE THEN SEEING ETC., THIS IS ALSO A PSYCHIC TRAIT.

14. Do you take on other peoples emotions or even illnessess? YES SOME DO BUT THIS CAN ALSO BE A PSYCHIC TRAIT.

15. What is your discipline like? YEP YOU NEED THIS IN BUCKETFULS, TO BE ABLE TO SIT AND MEDITATE REGULARLY ETC.

16. Are you late to meetings etc often? YOU NEED TO BE ON TIME, LIKE IN NORMAL BUSINESS IF YOUR LATE THEN IT SHOWS DISRESPECT.

Ps: One well known medium in the 1800s, got out of her bed in the middle of the night, went to the local station to wait as her Spirit Guide had told her to. She waited and waited and the train finally arrived with the person she was to meet. I'm not sure how many of the modern day mediums would have done the same but we still do.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Master

I agree with most of these, but if you go into any field, you have to do your research and know what you are heading into, and be prepared to face it. I think it doesn't take any time at all to learn this, to begin practicing, but one also has to practice prsctitce practice and learn as they grow and develop. We already have these skills, it just takes time to learn them and through practice, one gets better and better at using what we already have. Also, one chooses where they want to work, it's not just one little job they are trying for, there is plenty of opportunities to have good finances, although personally I don't take money for such things. And by cross training in several fields, one can become much better at what they do, the more they are jacks of the trade, the more they can appeal to, the more they experience and grow with. And the only reason one would be getting sick is that they aren't properly protecting themselves from attack, and they aren't healing themselves. By adding healing and self defense to the skills of trade, one can actually manuever much more easily and safely. And picking up on an atmosphere is something that can be learned, it's not always something we know from birth. And you will only meet those you attract, those who you believe you want to attract or those you feel you deserve to attract. In my practice, when I was younger I met many who hated it all, now that I thuroughly understand and desire to help others, those who need and want help come, recently I have not found a single person who doesn't either believe or can't be swayed easily, but by allowing others to tell me that I will come across someone Eventually, this atttracts that to happen in my life, and although I know it is a possibility, I also cut the cords with the idea so it doesn't come into my life as easily. To become a medium, one should simply desire to help others through mediumship. This will set them on the right track in life, and by working towards this goal, of becoming a medium, things will present themselves, opportunities will come to you to help show you the way.
A part of mediumship is being a ppl person, you'll hear things ppl would not tell anyone else, you'll be asked for advice or help sometimes. Spirits will come to you looking for aid, looking to talk, etc, and one needs to be able to handle that as well. A key skill in my opinion would be pacience, tolerance, and understanding. Also a good thing to have is being able to get a point across, rather then sticking on one thing, you see whet is most important, and the details and can distinguish them from each other, then put them in words.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Administrator
Sometimes mediumship choses the person.as in my case i was born with my abilities, i didnt choose it it choose me,i grew up seeeing and speaking to spirit
so its second nature to me, but a lot of people want to become mediums,
they think if they meditate enough enough it will happen,
it doesnt everyone is psychic but not all psychics are mediums, and some will never be,

Namaste
Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Distortedsoundz

In all fairness, I don't think that there are any right or wrong answers to these questions. I already communicate with the deceased so I'll answer them as someone who is already in this position just to give a fair POV on things.

So you want to be a Medium, heres some questions to ask yourself before you take that step at making the final decision?

1. Why do you want to be a Medium? I already am, and I've finally reopened and accepted the way I was born!

2. How much work are you prepared to put in to be a Medium? As much as I feel is healthy for me.

3. How long do you think it will take? I shut myself off at a young age and reopened the door.

4. What sort of Mediumship is of interest to you, or you feel you could do? I'm perfectly content with what I'm blessed with.

5. Do you want to be famous? No. I would not mind being highly trusted and respected though.

6. Do you want to be financially well off? I already am financially well off in my line of work that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a medium.

7. Are you prepared to be sick as the result of your Mediumship? I'm only given what I can handle.

8. What sort of people do you expect to meet doing Mediumship? I've already met all different types.

9. Are you mentally strong? What one considers mentally strong or weak differs from person to person, in all fairness.

10. Could you look a photos of death scenes regularly? Yes.

11. Could you feel how someone has died regularly? Yes.

12. Are you artistic? Not particularly. I'm imaginative. Left handed too, but not exactly artistic.

13. Do you feel atmospheres in certain places? Of course. Most people do, medium or not!

14. Do you take on other peoples emotions or even illnessess? I'm only given what I can handle.

15. What is your discipline like? Depends on the situation and exactly what is in question here. Discipline in what exactly?

16. Are you late to meetings etc often? Not really.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Serenity Bear

It is not for me to give you your answers, but I think not knowing what discipline is a bit daft. I think you need to think more.

If you late for a church, business meeting, and so on I'm afraid you wont be respected and thus not called back very often.

These questions are designed for those who WANT to be a medium but haven't yet decided to take their natural talent further. Don't go in with rose tinted glasses cause you will regret it.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Distortedsoundz

I think that it is up to the person to decide their best course of action, not you, or anyone else. And I can clearly see underlying condescension in what you're writing and I just can't see how such an attitude is conducive to helping people. I always lived by the whole mindset where you focus on the positive possibilities with a positive attitude while keeping the possible pitfalls known, but giving them much less focus and power.
Boldly typing that some people will want to spit on you isn't a very positive thing to say. I have a few friends that are professional mediums and I've never heard them say that. They have their problems but they focus more on the fact that they are working for a higher purpose.

There are areas of my life that I'm disciplined in, and other areas that I'm not, and it does not exactly relate to bad things either. For instance, I'm disciplined with interactions involving my job, but not disciplined in the bedroom with a partner. I think that this holds true with most human beings.

I also never claimed to be late. As a matter of fact, I'm almost never late to anything as I think that it's rude, but you immediately assumed the worst, which speaks volumes about your general attitude towards others looking to expand themselves in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
It is not for me to give you your answers, but I think not knowing what discipline is a bit daft. I think you need to think more.

If you late for a church, business meeting, and so on I'm afraid you wont be respected and thus not called back very often.

These questions are designed for those who WANT to be a medium but haven't yet decided to take their natural talent further. Don't go in with rose tinted glasses cause you will regret it.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Occultist

I dont believe you can teach Mediumship, Just like you cannot teach the blind to see. We all have special gifts we should be happy with the ones we have.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I dont believe you can teach Mediumship, Just like you cannot teach the blind to see. We all have special gifts we should be happy with the ones we have.
Sorry, but mediumship can and is taught. Personally, I never wanted to be a medium...it just kinda fell in my lap and seemed the right path for me. Thankfully, I was provided with an excellent teacher.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Master

Quote:
But you can teach the blind to see, dear, I've seen it done, I've heard the many stories, and I've restored and help one practice learning how to see themselves. I don't believe ppl have certain gifts, some people are better skilled then others though at certain things. It's like teaching others to see auras and spirits, teaching the blind how to see is certainly a challenge, (just as is teaching someone who can not see auras (blind to it) they can learn and develop, cultivate this ability.) It can be done and has. When we don't believe in something, we put up mental barrier and don't end up seeing it even if it's dead in front of us. All can learn it, teachers can teach and guide, and all can develop the abilities they have, the approach depends on one's creativity, and their ideas :)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 10-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Toolite

Quote:

I see what you mean.. If someone doesnt have the ability to see spirits/souls flesh cant teach that individual.. A person who holds the gift and is unnsure or not confident but is demonstrating skills.. I can see that the op's point is a valid point.

All the Glory Belongs To God Forever!