Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 05-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Experiencer

Body Parts

I had a dream last night with symbolism that puzzles and disturbs me. The dream involved a baby's foot, and a woman's index finger. They were detached body parts, but not bloody, or gruesome, although the idea is ghoulish. The oddest part was that the finger was permanently attached to the front of the foot, rather like a grotesque figurine. They appeared to be made of white porcelain, but I knew that they were human remains. I also knew that they were imperishable, and would never decay. A woman with an enigmatic smile showed them to me, and I said, "Please put that back on the bookcase - I don't want to look at it!" I think the dream must hint at something so frightening or painful that I don't want to examine it, but how do I figure out what that is? Now, I'd better "Run and Hide My Crazy", to quote Miranda Lambert!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
You are not at all crazy. It is actually just symbolism. The finger is pointing out that this is important. The fact it is detached likely means it is from your past, even a past life maybe considering it is mummified so to speak meaning it is a solid unmovable object so it has hardened in you. This is a problem a part of you does not want to deal with so you hide it away on a shelf to be ignored. But your higher is ready to look at it. Once you get past the fear you will face it. And that issue has something to do with the foot. The symbolism for the foot can mean you have low confidence feeling unprepared to walk forward or stand on your own two feet. Someone in your life may have cut you down so that you never felt worthy of doing anything on your own. Or it could mean you have trouble putting your foot down and standing up for yourself. Just try and contemplate what the foot means to you and look at your life and what issues may seem to be holding you back where a foot may come into play. This is an issue that you want to point out but you are hesitant to face it at this time. But the issue won't go away until you pull it off the shelf and take a good look what it is trying to tell you. Maybe ask for clarification in another dream what the foot is representing to you. Best of luck.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Experiencer

Thank you, Michelle. Your interpretation makes sense. With more thought, I realized that the woman holding the foot was one of my spirit guides. I'm almost too good at standing up from myself, sometimes to my chagrin, but people undermining my confidence has been a continual problem. I think since it was a baby's foot, the problem could go back to my childhood. It was a little reminiscent of those bronzed baby shoes people used to have made. I will use what you said to work on the problem further - I suspect it's important, or the Guide wouldn't have showed up!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Well that makes sense with putting your foot down. Anything that we do that we feel creates strife in our life is something that needs addressing. Well I am glad to hear you have such a great connection with your guide. I am just recently getting more connected to my higher and it is great to be able to have that support to rely on.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Experiencer

I think she was telling me I need to take "baby steps" to achieve a goal. I'm just at a loss as to which one.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
Ah, interesting, and maybe you can't figure out what it relates to because your guide wants you to take it slow. She put it on the shelf because the next step isn't ready just yet. I am sure you will be alerted when it is time to take the step.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Experiencer

Thank you, Michelle. That makes sense, and oddly makes me feel better! My dreams are continuing to have a macabre/incomprehensible quality. The next night, a fairytale dwarf came to my door. He was sinister, with sharpened teeth. He was accompanied by a rabbit who was wearing a vest and frock coat, and walking erect. I thought, "If I don't look, they won't be "real", and will go away!". When they walked off together, I rushed to lock the door, but the cylinder fell out in my hands! I feel these two dreams are connected. There is something I need to "see", but I am trying to lock it out. If I don't "look" it won't be real! I'm going to try to relax about it, and take those "baby steps".
Old 10-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator
Hmm, sounds like Alice in Wonderland. A dwarf can symbolize feeling small and insignificant, Alice in the movie shrinks in size to become very small. A baby's foot could also represent feeling inferior. As much as we would like to just lock out such feelings we have towards ourselves as they can come back to bite us we can't hide from them. They undermine just about everything we do so I think that you may need to stop and think a bit about what opinion you have about yourself. If you notice that you feel inferior to others ask yourself why. Why are you not as important and worthy as others because God see us all as equals no matter what station in life. I think it might be time to turn this thinking around but just know that there is no rush. I think we humans tend to want to get things over an done with in a jiffy but just take things as they come and you will turn your limiting thoughts around before you know it. Let your guide help get you there.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Experiencer

That is an interesting "take" on it, and deserves thought. The thing is, I think we are all small and insignificant in the eternal scheme of things. I have read that we are applauded and admired for attempting "Earth School", but I probably don't believe it, on a deep internal level. Perhaps Guidance wants me to look at that concept again. Thank you for the help. It's appreciated.