Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Trieah

What are your thoughts on this?

How do you feel about someone actually being the reincarnation of historically significant people? Do you agree or disagree with the possibility?

The reason I ask, is because I've taken so much flack by psychics as well as one of my psychic development teachers, over whom my own spirit guides have told me who I once was. It seems there's a growing belief amongst the psychic community, that practically everyone was never more then just other ordinary citizens from the past, with just the one or two exceptions of semi well knowness, but never anyone written about from history. My instructor teaches all of her students, to discount the idea that such a thing could happen, because you then get a influx of people all claiming to be someone like Cleopatra, and therefore get some kind of an air about themselves. She will say that even if that information came from your spirit guide, take it with a grain of salt, because you could be getting the wrong message and it's probably some ego based message designed to lead you astray from whatever your life script/mission is in this lifetime.

But what gets me, is with all this denying of possibly being a reincarnation of someone of historical significance, it's almost as if they are saying that people of historical significance either never existed, or they've never had a need to reincarnate back into the physical world.

It kind of reminds me of that line form the Disney movie The Incredibles, where "Elastagirl" is telling her superhero son, that everyone is special. And Dash replying with, that's another way of saying that no one is (even though some really do exist).
Old 17-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Tranquil One

Hi Trieah,
Go with what feels right with your gut, higher self or just plain common sense. You are now in this life on this path. Ok, if you keep getting stuff about a past life and it feels relevant to this journey, explore it, and learn from it. Whether you were Cleopatra or someone more "down to earth". Both are of equal value. No one incarnation is more or less special, or more or less important. They are just different. If in a past life you ruled over 10k people or where a lavatory cleaner, the lessons will be of equal importance whilst in that carnation. I think it is only the ego that would value one incarnation over another.
Who of any of us would be right to tell you who you were or weren't in a previous incarnation. Just wave off others comments if they grind against your own inner thoughts, it may just be their egos playing a one-up-man-ship game.
Much Love
Tranquil One
Old 17-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Pathfinder

Whose to say that Cleopatra didn't reincarnate into 500 different bodies during the past 25 years?

Maybe people who have the belief that they lived Cleopatra's life were actually her servants and were so entangled in her every thought and move that they truly believe they were her?

I have no clue, but I have heard and read many thoughts that our souls can divide and reincarnate into numerous bodies so the soul can have more experiences in a shorter time period. Shrug....
Old 17-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Trieah

Thanks Tranquil One. LOL, no I wasn't Cleopatra

But the person I was told that I am, turns out to also have some kind of following, complete with prophecies written about her and what she is supposed to do in later incarnations. I actually found a book on her that kind of scared the **** out of me, because almost every other page, was confirming something else I was told by my guide; something I already had visions of; something I had already done, that it was prophesied this person was supposed to do in later incarnations; or how her life in the beginning actually mirrored my own, finally made so much sense out of all the things that I have gone through in this lifetime. Every time I came across something that was a solid confirmation, I'd freak out and throw the book away from me.

Even the day I participated in the hypnoses session; saw myself as a member of one of the counsels in the spirit world; and later, finally told who I am, turned out to be this persons Feast Day in the Catholic religion. And a few months ago, I found some information on this person, that in April of 1969, she was finally given public recognition that she may not have been the “bad” person the church had made her out to be for centuries. That public recognition came just one month before I was born.

Technically, I was told that I was two different persons mentioned in the Bible, one from the Old Testament and one from the New. But I never even knew one was supposed to be an incarnation of the other, till reading that book. Even that confirmation freaked me out. And Holy ****! you should hear the centuries old claims her followers have prophesied that she is supposed to do. Talk about putting the pressure on someone What's even more unnerving, is that I had already done one of those things, months before even finding out, that's what I was SUPPOSED to do all along.

I guess it was all just very nerve wracking, finding out what my historical Biblical connection was, when in this lifetime I had grown so distant from religion because of the negative side of it. I didn't want to believe I could be either one of these two people, and it didn't help matters at all, when all these psychics were refusing to give me any kind of definite answer.

I've finally come to terms that all of it was true. I'm just not exactly sure how to deal with all these prophecies, or if this particular incarnation of my soul is the one who is supposed to do it ALL or only a part of it, leaving other parts for my future incarnations. And it's not like I really have a whole lot of (living) people I can talk to about such things.
Old 17-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
How do you feel about someone actually being the reincarnation of historically significant people? Do you agree or disagree with the possibility?

The reason I ask, is because I've taken so much flack by psychics as well as one of my psychic development teachers, over whom my own spirit guides have told me who I once was. It seems there's a growing belief amongst the psychic community, that practically everyone was never more then just other ordinary citizens from the past, with just the one or two exceptions of semi well knowness, but never anyone written about from history. My instructor teaches all of her students, to discount the idea that such a thing could happen, because you then get a influx of people all claiming to be someone like Cleopatra, and therefore get some kind of an air about themselves. She will say that even if that information came from your spirit guide, take it with a grain of salt, because you could be getting the wrong message and it's probably some ego based message designed to lead you astray from whatever your life script/mission is in this lifetime.

But what gets me, is with all this denying of possibly being a reincarnation of someone of historical significance, it's almost as if they are saying that people of historical significance either never existed, or they've never had a need to reincarnate back into the physical world.

It kind of reminds me of that line form the Disney movie The Incredibles, where "Elastagirl" is telling her superhero son, that everyone is special. And Dash replying with, that's another way of saying that no one is (even though some really do exist).

The law of averages would suggest, it is very unlikely, one was a famous or infamous person in a past life. Having said this, even an entity who had a life in the limelight has to incarnate into an other body. And it would be safe to say, almost all who have a life with public presents have some way to go. Meaning, they are not on their last incarnation.
Look for common trails, likes, talents with the alleged previous personality.
And of cause looks.
Old 18-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Master

Yes, Trieah, but... this is equating 'special' with 'famous' or 'superior'. In my view it's love that makes us special... each one of us.

Xan

Old 18-05-2011, 02:05 AM
SerpentQueen

This is one of my problems with reincarnation.

I am more inclined to believe in the concept of archetypes. Cleopatra's story is an archetype. As is Jesus. And ... the list is endless.

I have a strong affinity to the archetype of Tristan and Iseult, Romeo and Juliet, and similar archetypical unrequited love stories throughout time. That doesn't mean I was Iseult or Juliet in a past life.

Make sense?
Old 18-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
This is one of my problems with reincarnation.

I am more inclined to believe in the concept of archetypes. Cleopatra's story is an archetype. As is Jesus. And ... the list is endless.

I have a strong affinity to the archetype of Tristan and Iseult, Romeo and Juliet, and similar archetypical unrequited love stories throughout time. That doesn't mean I was Iseult or Juliet in a past life.

Make sense?

Yes, I get what you're saying. But this isn't exactly the same thing as having a strong affinity to someone. My guides actually told me I had been these two people. Never in a million years would I have ever even considered a link between myself and them.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Master
I believe anyone can reincarnate famous, with heavy influence whatever, however a lot of people claim to be for eg cleopatra and my thought on this is that even though a lot of people claim to have been her, it could've happened, after I've read conversations with god book 3 it explains perfectly why, and I'm sorry I'm not feeling too good (sore throat) and can't really explain it in words now but maybe someone reading this who has read the book can.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes, Trieah, but... this is equating 'special' with 'famous' or 'superior'. In my view it's love that makes us special... each one of us.

Xan

Hum. . . , I see your point. Not sure I meant it to sound like I'm superior to everyone else though.

I don't know if you read my second post on this topic, on how I've already fulfilled something in this lifetime (several somethings, actually), that was prophesied thousands of years ago, that the person my guides told me I am, would actually accomplish in another lifetime. And there is still more that I, this soul, is supposed to do.

-sigh- It's kind of some pretty heavy stuff. But the more people keep telling me I'm no different from anyone else, the harder it gets for me to have enough faith, that I really am supposed to be doing this other thing as well as what I've already accomplished.