Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-05-2011, 03:10 PM
LisaLisa

Thumbs up Your Purpose, The Reason You Are Here!

Is to:

#1. Love God with your whole heart, mind and body & soul.
#2. To Love your neighbor as yourself.

That is why we are here. But, we are imperfect, we are sinful and we fail to do these things perfectly. Faith in Jesus washes away our sins so that we can have eternal life in heaven.
Old 30-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
Is to:

That is why we are here. But, we are imperfect, we are sinful and we fail to do these things perfectly. Faith in Jesus washes away our sins so that we can have eternal life in heaven.

I agree with regard to #1 and # 2.
I do not agree with the rest of your post, LisaLisa. I do not see people and myself as sinners but as pupils who make mistakes while we are learning.

We ourselves have to earn eternal life in heaven and difficult it is. It will not be presented to us on a silver platter whether we have faith in Jesus or not.
Old 30-05-2011, 07:32 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
I do not agree with the rest of your post, LisaLisa. I do not see people and myself as sinners but as pupils who make mistakes while we are learning.

We ourselves have to earn eternal life in heaven and difficult it is. It will not be presented to us on a silver platter whether we have faith in Jesus or not.

Yes, some sin are mistakes that some people learn by and don't do it again. But, some sin is not a mistake, it's a deliberate act of cruelty or evil that the person is aware of, and continues to do again because he/she delights in evil.
Old 30-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen

We ourselves have to earn eternal life in heaven and difficult it is.
It will not be presented to us on a silver platter whether we have faith in Jesus or not.

Ditto - the belief we're sinners keeps us from so much Truth.
Sin is separation from God - missing the Mark. That's all.

A soul that continues to murder and rape deliberately is still making
mistakes.
The poor deluded soul .... and is to be pitied and loved and shown
compassion.
If it is easy for little ole me - think how easy
that is for God Who Is Love Itself....Ha!

The rigid, black and white thinking of some people is not how God "is".
It is what has been written about Him and thus believed.

Ah, to experience What God is is sublime and never again could anyone
believe such nonsense that He/ She is anything
but Loving in the Truest sense of that word;
Even to one that repeats evil acts.

When one possesses the experience of Who and What God is - Love just
comes naturally because He, the awareness
of His Essence is flowing through them.

There isn't even room for forgiveness - there is nothing to forgive - do I think Jesus said those words on the cross - no.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-05-2011, 11:09 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Is to:

I agree with 1&2...

But if what you say we are imperfect, and based on your faith teachings, we are created in the image of God, than God must also be imperfect, right?

nightowl
Old 31-05-2011, 01:43 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Is to:

I disagree with your premise that #1 and #2 are the reasons we are here. I think #1 and #2 are guidelines on how we're supposed to live while we're here. Beyond that, each of us have our own purpose here. Each person's purpose is theirs alone. And we should not judge others on their path, just as we don't want others judging us.

The whole "we are sinful" schtick was just made up so that we would feel the need to attach ourselves to some religion. If we come to believe that we are inherently sinful, then we feel powerless to better ourselves on our own. That leads to us feeling it necessary to yield our inherent power over to a religion since they keep telling us how righteous they are.

I'm convinced that each and every one of us is beautiful, loving, potentially perfect piece of the Divine. All we have to do is realize this.
Old 31-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Time

These reason are the ones that humans have generaly given themselves, and they are great ways, and IMO generaly the way we should live.

BUT, before all that came into play, we just exsisted for the sake of exsisting.
Old 31-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Hez0405

Quote:
Is to:

Very valid point, God being a higher being greater than we can comprehend.

Quote:
That is why we are here.
No, we are here to learn. And to be respectful to others and ourself in doing so.

Quote:
But, we are imperfect, we are sinful and we fail to do these things perfectly.
Thats not very nice. If 'God' sent us to earth to learn, then we all have to make mistakes (be imperfect) to become a better person. 'God' loves us for who we are and has sent us all to learn life lessons so we can grow.

Quote:
Faith in Jesus washes away our sins so that we can have eternal life in heaven.
I'm not religious, therefore I believe we will ALL go into the divine light and only after doing so will we heal and wash away 'our sins'.

Thats my opinion on this matter.. just saying

PS before you say anything about bad and evil people, thats a different matter that I would love to shed my opinion on. But its not hell. Hell is a state of mind not a place.
Old 31-05-2011, 11:31 AM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I agree with 1&2...

But if what you say we are imperfect, and based on your faith teachings, we are created in the image of God, than God must also be imperfect, right?

nightowl

No, God is perfect. In the beginning, we were created perfect, in His image. Adam and Eve were created perfect.

When they chose to turn against God and sin by not following His instructions, they fell and fell hard. We are the offspring of Adam.
Old 31-05-2011, 11:35 AM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
I disagree with your premise that #1 and #2 are the reasons we are here. I think #1 and #2 are guidelines on how we're supposed to live while we're here. Beyond that, each of us have our own purpose here. Each person's purpose is theirs alone. And we should not judge others on their path, just as we don't want others judging us.

The whole "we are sinful" schtick was just made up so that we would feel the need to attach ourselves to some religion. If we come to believe that we are inherently sinful, then we feel powerless to better ourselves on our own. That leads to us feeling it necessary to yield our inherent power over to a religion since they keep telling us how righteous they are.

I'm convinced that each and every one of us is beautiful, loving, potentially perfect piece of the Divine. All we have to do is realize this.

Really? Was Adolph Hitler just fufiling his own personal purpose here on earth? Of course not, he was taken over by sin and evil, a tool of satan and he allowed that to happen, he chose evil (satan) instead of good (God).

To say that there is no sin is like burrying your head in the ground. There absolutely is evil in this world, it's all over the place. That evil is sin.