Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-05-2013, 04:45 PM
serenesam

Light Versus Dark

Deep down, I have always known I was a “Light Being” but being someone who likes to contemplate a lot, I sometimes wonder what and where I would be if I picked the Dark Side a long time ago. I actually feel I would make a tremendous asset to the Dark Side. This of course, is looking at it assuming that Browne is correct in her notion that at one point in time, souls had to pick between the Light and Dark and then there were the Grays who like to play both sides. Some Dark Beings are extremely powerful and highly advanced, I suspect they could probably take out some Light Beings but the only reason they can’t is because there simply is just too many Light Beings. This makes logical sense too from a rational viewpoint in that if the entire Universe was controlled by Dark Beings, life here on Earth would be very different. Analogously, it is like watching the very first episode of the TV show “Once Upon a Time” where the Evil Queen is not afraid of walking into a room full of supposed “good people” who support Snow White and her Prince Charming.

Furthermore, power differentials in species may also give the Light an advantage. “One Principality (a type of angel) can knock out and protect us from thousands and thousands of dark entities or any force of negativity around us. Nevertheless, we shouldn’t feel slighted if we call on the Principalities and they don’t come rushing in right away. It’s not because they don’t love us, but their primary function is to attend to Father God and be His army. Just as soldiers wouldn’t desert their king, the Principalities wouldn’t rush to us and leave God unattended. It isn’t that God the Father isn’t strong enough to attend to Himself, but the Principalities are a divine creation that was centered on God the Father (p. 92, Sylvia Browne’s Book of Angels, Sylvia Browne).”

“Principalities are known to have high intelligence, and they carry golden spears. Without much movement, they can send their powers outward (p. 91, Sylvia Browne’s Book of Angels, Sylvia Browne).”

“If we think that only Azna (Browne is referring to Mother God) comes when we call Her, we’re very much mistaken. Francine (Browne’s spirit guide) says that she doesn’t think she’s ever seen Azna come to our aid without a group or a minion of Thrones (a type of angel) in tow. They trail to the sides of Her, in front of Her, in back of Her – all around Her (p. 89, Sylvia Browne’s Book of Angels, Sylvia Browne).”
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account
I found for me I had to go thru my baggage(darkness). But if I did I would grow energeticaly and feel better. So I would say I'm both. I accept my darkness and it becomes light. Its just stuff I found for me. You can recall/relive intense thimgs without having to do something bad. I think that whole dark and light thing is something people conjure because they wont accept there darkside as themselves.

That's just my opinion and 2cents.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:04 AM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1 Versus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenesam
Deep down, I have always known I was a “Light Being” but being someone who likes to contemplate a lot, I sometimes wonder what and where I would be if I picked the Dark Side a long time ago. I actually feel I would make a tremendous asset to the Dark Side.

Why so? What do you have to offer the Dark Side? If "deep down" you have always know you were a "Light Being", what is it about the "Dark Side" that attracts you?

Quote:
Analogously, it is like watching the very first episode of the TV show “Once Upon a Time” where the Evil Queen is not afraid of walking into a room full of supposed “good people” who support Snow White and her Prince Charming.

Using your "Once Upon a Time" analogy; the beginning/middle of season 2 the Evil Queen, Regina, becomes one of the good guys while her mother, the "real Evil Queen" becomes the new villain, as she was always the real villain (although, I think she has a twisted back story as well).

Regina becomes the Evil Queen because of a broken heart and hatred for Snow White. SW is tricked into telling the real Evil Queen about the stable boy's existence and I believe Regina's mother has him killed as a lesson to Regina. So, Regina started out as light - a young princess in forbidden love with a stable boy, it is only when her mother kills the stable boy that she decides to take vengeance on Snow White going so far as to remove her own heart, the dark side - but she eventually returns to light through the love of a child. But it is a rocky road and she goes all sorts of different shades of midnight in between. -- (As a humorous aside, I can't stand the "young Snow White" in that show, so sickly sweet - poor thing - so I can understand why Regina went to the Dark Side... *chuckles*... fantasy shows are my weakness and I seem to have a very good memory for them unintentionally. *shrugs* Fairy tales.. there is insight in there.)

Point is - its never quite that clear cut - even in fairy tales.

I have not read any Browne. I have to agree with running, in a way - the darkness is that which we can not accept in ourselves so we project it on to the world, theories, and other people; the Dark Side/Beings. I see myself as being many hued, many shades; grey is included, so is white, some colors I couldn't even name.. ultraviolet? *smile* I focus on the light because there seems to be a lack of it in the world but for me light & shadow are just different angles on experience and emotion - no need for them to be at odds with one another, unless you think there is, then so be it.

Standing in the light will cast a shadow - you can not have shadow without the light - and where light falls on objects you will find shadow. Intertwined & indivisible; two sides of the same coin with endless variations in between. No "versus"; wars between principalities, light beings and dark beings needed - unless you decide it is needed and that interests you... then by all means, carry on... just remember what happened to Darth Vader & Yoda - any way you choose to look at it, it all leads to "The End".

Be well...

Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Deep down, I have always known I was a “Light Being” but being someone who likes to contemplate a lot, I sometimes wonder what and where I would be if I picked the Dark Side a long time ago. I actually feel I would make a tremendous asset to the Dark Side. This of course, is looking at it assuming that Browne is correct in her notion that at one point in time, souls had to pick between the Light and Dark and then there were the Grays who like to play both sides. Some Dark Beings are extremely powerful and highly advanced, I suspect they could probably take out some Light Beings but the only reason they can’t is because there simply is just too many Light Beings. This makes logical sense too from a rational viewpoint in that if the entire Universe was controlled by Dark Beings, life here on Earth would be very different. Analogously, it is like watching the very first episode of the TV show “Once Upon a Time” where the Evil Queen is not afraid of walking into a room full of supposed “good people” who support Snow White and her Prince Charming.

Furthermore, power differentials in species may also give the Light an advantage. “One Principality (a type of angel) can knock out and protect us from thousands and thousands of dark entities or any force of negativity around us. Nevertheless, we shouldn’t feel slighted if we call on the Principalities and they don’t come rushing in right away. It’s not because they don’t love us, but their primary function is to attend to Father God and be His army. Just as osoldiers wouldn’t desert their king, the Principalities wouldn’t rush to us and leave God unattended. It isn’t that God the Father isn’t strong enough to attend to Himself, but the Principalities are a divine creation that was centered on God the Father (p. 92, Sylvia Browne’s Book of Angels, Sylvia Browne).”

“Principalities are known to have high intelligence, and they carry golden spears. Without much movement, they can send their powers outward (p. 91, Sylvia Browne’s Book of Angels, Sylvia Browne).”

“If we think that only Azna (Browne is referring to Mother God) comes when we call Her, we’re very much mistaken. Francine (Browne’s spirit guide) says that she doesn’t think she’s ever seen Azna come to our aid without a group or a minion of Thrones (a type of angel) in tow. They trail to the sides of Her, in front of Her, in back of Her – all around Her (p. 89, Sylvia Browne’s Book of Angels, Sylvia Browne).”

I would suggest you expand your reading to others and take Sylvia with a large grain of salt...
Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 AM
Guide
The light and dark paradigm is a human perception. In duality, the perfect state of harmony, is a balance of "light" and "dark" energies.

Darkness (aka stillness) is also the force that makes meditation possible.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Experiencer
I wish people would stop diving light and dark. Nobody is a "light" being, or a "dark" being, we have both energies running through our soul, it is the reason for balance. We may feel drawn to one side more than the other, however, that does not take away from our "light" or our "dark". Without the dark, the stars wouldn't shine... I just wish people would accept both for what they are. The perception that "dark" is evil, and that "light" is good... It's twisted, and tangled for there is no way we can box everybody's beliefs on what is right and wrong into two boxes.

Why can't we just love all, and judge none... Letting ourselves just "be".
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Greenslade

The only monsters under the bed are the ones we created. Light and dark are perspectives, judgements. Light is good, dark is bad and we create the monsters in the dark because we polarise a Universe that doesn't need to be polarised. If the Universe seeks a balance and we are enlightened co-creators, what is being created here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
I wish people would stop diving light and dark. Nobody is a "light" being, or a "dark" being, we have both energies running through our soul, it is the reason for balance. We may feel drawn to one side more than the other, however, that does not take away from our "light" or our "dark". Without the dark, the stars wouldn't shine... I just wish people would accept both for what they are. The perception that "dark" is evil, and that "light" is good... It's twisted, and tangled for there is no way we can box everybody's beliefs on what is right and wrong into two boxes.

Why can't we just love all, and judge none... Letting ourselves just "be".

Energies are neither light nor dark, again that is perspective. The nature of energy itself is benign, it only becomes light and dark when people choose to put it to those purposes.

And good question, why can't we we just love all and not judge?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Energies are neither light nor dark, again that is perspective. The nature of energy itself is benign, it only becomes light and dark when people choose to put it to those purposes.

I quite like that actually... I guess it's easy to automatically revert to those boxes. Sometimes I find myself saying, "I am everything and nothing, I am the sun and the moon, I am all that was, is and every will be. I cannot be defined for I am who I am." In reality it's quite a good philosophy for everybody to have.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 AM
VesicaPhoenix11

Book1

serenesam... please disregard my previous post if you can, there is truth in it I believe, but its my own truth and I shouldn't have been sharing it with the intention I was yesterday... I wasn't acting with a clear intention & according to my own perception & truth.

Respectfully - with love & laughter.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altinak
I quite like that actually... I guess it's easy to automatically revert to those boxes. Sometimes I find myself saying, "I am everything and nothing, I am the sun and the moon, I am all that was, is and every will be. I cannot be defined for I am who I am." In reality it's quite a good philosophy for everybody to have.

People put themselves into the boxes, their beliefs become The Truth and everything becomes very silly very quickly. Light vs Dark is the same thing that's already happening - this religion vs that religion and it only leads to war - and how close to war are we, today? The Universe becomes polarised and we struggle to find a balance, if only people would realise that if they didn't think of things in terms of Light and Dark there wouldn't be a need to find a balance. The belief in the Light and the belief in the Dark only creates the belief for the need for balance. There is no Light and Dark, only consciousness - Light didn't even exist until it was created. And until people actually start understanding the Dark there will always be monsters under the bed.