Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
I have noticed that for a good part of this year, especially over the last 6 months or so, I have been experiencing fits of anger and rage popping up as they never before have. By nature, I am a pretty easy-going person and like the fact that I present a fairly happy, loving, balanced persona to the world.

But over the course of the last 6 months, I have had days or parts of days where I thought I might lose my mind, when I seriously contemplated doing something harsh, when I screamed and yelled and went off on family members (primarily my wife and kids). I have even punched a hole in a wall - something I hadn't done in several years.

I have read other people's postings about going through stuff like this, and so I am wondering - is it truly possible that I/we are reacting to some changes in the energy of this planet? Is there some way I can help avoid this type of behavior in the future?

I am a deeply spiritual person, and even found and read a book a couple months ago called "Healing Anger" by the Dalai Lama, because I felt as though I really needed some advice. And even though I read the book, and took in all the advice, there are times when those feelings of anger just seem to completely overpower me, and I once again find myself going off like a maniac, only to wonder how it could have happened again after I settle down.

I would love to hear some advice/insight/shared experiences from others out there. Thanks for reading this - many blessings : )

Qkev

QuantumKev, I totally empathize.
We are all human, there are and have been lots of feelings running through us, some wonderful, some beautiful, some disruptive, and energetically damaging.
So, we decide, we put the strength of our intent into wanting to aim for some ideal that we hold dear (Spiritual advancement)
This means that we are extending our consciousness. Doing that is like holding a torch beam higher and higher above us...the higher it goes, the more shadows it illuminates!
The "light" starts to shine on bits of us that we are only partially conscious of, or even totally UN-conscious of. Some of these bits are great -we discover new abilities...some of them are not very nice bits of ourselves, that we recognize, and vow to transmute.
Another thing the spiritual quest does is shine a light on anything which may be repressed.

I totally know this one because the last few days I have been having slight anger issues. I admit that anger was always in me. It has changed dramatically over the years, until I started to believe it no longer had any hold on me at all. Nothing seemed to make me angry any more. I felt the power of love and loving-kindness so strongly I thought the anger had melted away.
Not so...Three days ago I was trying to fix a broken switch on an oven (yes, as simple as that!) It would not fix.
(This is where you roll on the floor laughing.....) -I got suddenly and tremendously angry with the whole caboodle, and ended up whacking the whole lot multiple times with an innocent tea-towel. It was an anger-lust. No other word for it. I stormed through the next room fuming, and came back at the broken switch and gave it a few more tremendous whacks with the tea towel!
(Fortunately I was on my own, and there was no-one to upset during this tantrum)

Did all that make me feel better? No. I then broke out crying! During the crying, I felt love for myself, and understanding. And delved a bit as to the possible source of the negative emotion. In my case I found it, and anger I also found, was a habitual "track-in-space" I had always ended up in.... my particular way of dealing with something overwhelming me -to hit back.
Source identified (in my case) I also realized I had been operating with Spiritual intent, but also with some things which I had repressed, under this Spiritual Intent.
How to fix it?

A little encouragement helped. I said to myself that in the past I would have been completely blind to such things -and now I am not. So that showed me I have advanced.
Willingness to change it. (I wouldn't have thought twice in the past)
Technique to change it: (it will happen again. I was "tested" also today, and I used this technique)

*Accept the emotion, and be compassionate with yourself. Do not disown the emotion or try to repress it further.
*Realize it's BECAUSE you have chosen to enter a conscious journey of Spiritual awareness that these challenges will present themselves, and are an ideal opportunity to do some useful work.
*As soon as the anger starts, catch it right at its very beginning (don't let it gain power. This bit's hard, because it feels like a natural energy that needs to come out)
*Then -realize what it is. If you do not feel able to master it -get yourself immediately outside, or to some area of the house where you are totally alone (an excuse which is handy is "I need to use the bathroom") Lock the door, and do not unlock it.
This will prevent you throwing off that energy to someone else, and hurting them, either emotionally or physically.
*If you are outside alone, you can maybe release the energy safely in a loud noise, or perhaps whacking an innocent rock or something!
*Then give yourself time to absorb what you feel, understand it, forgive it, and promise to transmute it when you are ready.
*There is also an option of calming yourself by doing a breath meditation. Longer out-breath than in-breath. Breathe out the toxins of the rage. Do this for at least 10 minutes. Focus on the things you love most, your loved ones, etc, feel all the love you have for them, and bring that into yourself on the in-breath.
*Ignore or forgive any stimuli that caused you to feel anger in the first place (such as what someone said etc) Rational discussion can be resumed later.

I do hope some of this helps. But I do truly understand.
Old 15-12-2012, 03:41 AM
Master

what are you angry about? anger is just an emotion, and I have learned it is the next step out of depression. So if you are angry, that is better than depression.

My 2 cents - "Ask and It is Given" is all about your emotional scale and how to work your way back up it.
Old 15-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Ivy

Quote:
@Meadows - that is some great advice, and sounds strikingly similar to cognitive behavioral therapy, something I have been engaging in for the last year or 2 with the help of my therapist ;)

I totally agree - it is my thoughts about things that cause the emotions, not the other way around. Funny thing is, sometimes I am not even sure what those thoughts are...? When I am aware of them, my tendency to just "give in" to them completely, no matter how irrational they are, seems to be so much greater than it used to be.

I also agree with your second part, about allowing the emotions to just rise and come out. In fact, I took an approach to this that involved buying one of those free-standing "punching bags" that martial arts trainees use sometimes, to allow myself (or whoever needs it) to just let that stuff out on something inanimate. Now, if I could only remember to use the dang thing! Lol

Thank you all so much. I guess after spending 20+ years on self-improvement techniques and doing some real work on myself, I just get a bit down to think that I still have so far seemingly to go. And even worse, to think that over the past year, I actually seem to have regressed BIG TIME as far as dealing with the anger goes.

But it's always good to know there are others out there experiencing things too, and always nice to get reminders to keep moving forward, one day - one step - at a time.

Many Blessings all,

Qkev

The first techniques I gave you follow the CBT model. However, what you replace your learned thoughts/behaviours with is up to you. This is where an understanding of spirituality can help (perhaps more than therapy).

It is radical to view painful relations as meant to be or as a challenge to develop you as a spirit and as a person. Moreso when those thoughts/feelings have come from a time before you had full responsibility for what happened in your life (childhood). But there is strength in doing so.

With regard to the punch bag, this isn't really what I meant regarding releasing emotion. A punch bag trains your fighting muscles to respond to your anger. So it releases the fight in you short term, but probably won't be much help in releasing the core feelings of anger within you.

The method I suggested for allowing the release of emotion involves inaction. You close your eyes, relax your body and just surrender to the feelings. Just lie quietly bathing in them. You will know they are there, but do nothing. I believe this is based on the bhuddist notion of observing the feeling, but not reacting to it.
Old 16-12-2012, 03:52 AM
BodhiChan

Hi QuantumKev:

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I believe we are kindred spirits; in that we have experienced much of the same challenges and sufferings in this current life-stream. Here is something that has helped me during the past 18 months to "release" my Demon of Anger (which is my most tenacious demon of all)...

http://www.viewonbuddhism.org/anger.html

I hope this helps as it has for me.

I too was extremely saddened to hear/see the devastating tragedy of the Sandy Hook massacre. (Reminds me of the Biblical "Slaughter of the Innocents") in Christ's time...

Take care my friend.

Namaste,

Bodhi
Old 19-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Experiencer
Tobi, thanks so much for the thoughtful response - a lot of good advice and wisdom in there.

And yes BodhiChan, I too have that same impression, that we are kindred spirits, and always enjoy and appreciate your responses.

Many Blessings to all,

Qkev
Old 19-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi,
An astrologer could point to your age...your not 28...but Saturn at
42 ish has a lot of influence...7x7 afterall.

Apart from that, sudden outbursts usually means childhood stuff
Popping up...I had to go into short term therapy to recognize how screwy
My childhood injustices left me so wounded...triggers can be everywhere...and we "snap".

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
I have noticed that for a good part of this year, especially over the last 6 months or so, I have been experiencing fits of anger and rage popping up as they never before have. By nature, I am a pretty easy-going person and like the fact that I present a fairly happy, loving, balanced persona to the world.

But over the course of the last 6 months, I have had days or parts of days where I thought I might lose my mind, when I seriously contemplated doing something harsh, when I screamed and yelled and went off on family members (primarily my wife and kids). I have even punched a hole in a wall - something I hadn't done in several years.

I have read other people's postings about going through stuff like this, and so I am wondering - is it truly possible that I/we are reacting to some changes in the energy of this planet? Is there some way I can help avoid this type of behavior in the future?

I am a deeply spiritual person, and even found and read a book a couple months ago called "Healing Anger" by the Dalai Lama, because I felt as though I really needed some advice. And even though I read the book, and took in all the advice, there are times when those feelings of anger just seem to completely overpower me, and I once again find myself going off like a maniac, only to wonder how it could have happened again after I settle down.

I would love to hear some advice/insight/shared experiences from others out there. Thanks for reading this - many blessings : )

Qkev

Hello! Despite the obvious answers that usually work, like "letting go" and accepting of inner shadows and working on past traumas, ect, I recently learned something quite amazing myself, because I too was experiencing the same thing.

I found the secret. The secret is the more spiritual work you do, the more of a jerk you become. LOL! A lot of spiritual people forget that if they do not ground themselves to the earth plane during their spiritual journey, the earth plane will become more and more difficult to live in.

Most spiritual people do not want to ground themselves, because they think being grounded is shallow, physical, ignorant, ect. They love floating up in the clouds, they love the feeling of being connected to Source so they do it too much and forget to have a balance in life, because here in the spiritual realms they feel at home, they have true remembrance of what they are, they have awakened into truth, they no longer feel alone or separated.
But here's the thing. The opposite of that, is as soon as you are forced to be in an earthly situation, you are going to feel alone, you are going to feel angry, bitter, resentful, scared, mistrustful to source, because this time you are alive in is much harsher than other times you have been alive in and ect. You are going to look at people who aren't spiritual and think they are stupid because they don't know the truth like you do. You aren't going to feel at one with the world.
You are only going to want to be connected to Source - not the entire world. You won't want to have compassion to people, and in order to find compassion you need to have a balance and be grounded.

So the answer is to ground yourself. And the easiest way to do that is to be in nature. You'd be surprised. Remember to often connect to the earth - and not just from visualizations (actually get outside) and your emotions will again become grounded.
Being ascended takes away our balance, and that makes us mean basket cases. We need to be grounded in order to function here on earth and to bring the spiritual to earth.
Old 20-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator
Ciquala....Many wise words here....IMO
Old 20-12-2012, 07:52 AM
BodhiChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

Hello! Despite the obvious answers that usually work, like "letting go" and accepting of inner shadows and working on past traumas, ect, I recently learned something quite amazing myself, because I too was experiencing the same thing.

I found the secret. The secret is the more spiritual work you do, the more of a jerk you become. LOL! A lot of spiritual people forget that if they do not ground themselves to the earth plane during their spiritual journey, the earth plane will become more and more difficult to live in.

Most spiritual people do not want to ground themselves, because they think being grounded is shallow, physical, ignorant, ect. They love floating up in the clouds, they love the feeling of being connected to Source so they do it too much and forget to have a balance in life, because here in the spiritual realms they feel at home, they have true remembrance of what they are, they have awakened into truth, they no longer feel alone or separated.
But here's the thing. The opposite of that, is as soon as you are forced to be in an earthly situation, you are going to feel alone, you are going to feel angry, bitter, resentful, scared, mistrustful to source, because this time you are alive in is much harsher than other times you have been alive in and ect. You are going to look at people who aren't spiritual and think they are stupid because they don't know the truth like you do. You aren't going to feel at one with the world.
You are only going to want to be connected to Source - not the entire world. You won't want to have compassion to people, and in order to find compassion you need to have a balance and be grounded.

So the answer is to ground yourself. And the easiest way to do that is to be in nature. You'd be surprised. Remember to often connect to the earth - and not just from visualizations (actually get outside) and your emotions will again become grounded.
Being ascended takes away our balance, and that makes us mean basket cases. We need to be grounded in order to function here on earth and to bring the spiritual to earth.

Hi Ciqala,

I enjoy your posts very much. Thank you for clearing up a mystery for me as to why someone who seemingly has "awakened" acts like a jerk. It's because they are not maintaining a "grounded balance." This makes perfect sense!

For me personally, I have been amazed at (myself) as to why I have been able to remain calm when, in the past, I would get angry or upset. I now know it's because I have been walking outside, in nature, between 3 to 6 miles every day for the past 8 months! I am obsessed with being outside; regardless of the weather. During the past two months I received an "intuition" while walking...almost like a gentle whisper in my ear that softly said, "Mother Earth...Mother Gaia...is a SENTIENT BEING and she is YOUR ASCENSION PARTNER during this most glorious time in her history. Include Mother Gaia in ALL of your thoughts and prayers."

This hopefully will not sound weird but now when I walk I can "feel" Mother Earth's LOVE....it's as if a thin veil is wrapped loosely around me as I walk...

I AM looking forward to seeing the ET's....

Namaste,

Bodhi
Old 20-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

Ciqala - that was absolutely beautiful - thank you! I used to spend a lot of time in Nature, like really IN nature. But lately, when walking outside, it is as if I am walking through a plastic scene created by someone. I'm not taking in the true beauty and life of the trees, the grass, the birds, the rocks.

I think this is the best advice and wisdom I have yet received about this conundrum I have had, and I thank you so much for reminding me about my spiritual bond with our Mother Earth, and how neglecting it can have negative repercussions on my attitude. Bless you!

And Many Blessings to all - including Our Sacred Mother : )

Qkev