Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Hez0405

Where are souls born?

I was wondering about this the other day.
Where are souls born?

I know energy is never created, nor destroyed.. so maybe its better to ask how are souls created?

I just think its rather interesting.

After they are, do they start off as trees, then build up to animals? Then eventually humans?

If anyone has any ideas and or opinions my ears are all yours

xx
Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Master
From the Light then born into their vessels of this reality.

*hug* Heather Xo
Old 10-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Medium_Laura

Right, souls are energy so they cannot be created at all. It's an interesting question. We are part of the Universal consciousness (God) and are shards of that. Therefore we always have been and always will be. When our lessons are done (100s of lifetimes usually) we reabsorb back into the Universal consciousness and share our collective learning in one mass unit.

We are like seeds of a huge flower.

New souls are new shards who not had very many lifetimes. They still have particles of memories that are given from the other shards that have reabsorbed but they have not experienced much in the school of life.

Does that help?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Hez0405

Yeah its all very interesting :) I will comment in more detail later, work calls :P
Old 11-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Ascender

Well, the soul is the covering over the spirit. The spirit is borne out of the spiritual and as it enters throughout all the different levels of Creation, it needs a covering ie the soul to experience the various spheres. It's is like a plant. It grows and matures until finally it blossoms into a human-like personality, shedding away its covering to be a pure, self conscious spirit personality.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:56 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hez0405
Where are souls born?

I know energy is never created, nor destroyed.. so maybe its better to ask how are souls created?

After they are, do they start off as trees, then build up to animals? Then eventually humans?

xx

"After they are, do they start off as trees, then build up to animals? Then eventually humans?" In Julie Gale's book 'Soul Trek' an almost identically similar question is addressed in detail by her 'spirit-side' communicator. The section follows an earlier one looking at the emergence of individual souls/spirits from the source, the creator, 'god' if you wish.....

Her book was still in print the last time I checked. It linked neatly with my previous understanding and I found it highly useful in picturing 'where' we come from and when.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Greenslade

Once upon a very long time ago, there was a single consciousness in the Universe. All alone in the night. Then that consciousness did something that changed the Universe for ever. It asked the question "Who Am I?" In order to answer that question, it split itself into two so that it could look at itself from within and without. Interaction and duality were born, and here we are today. Whether that's just a nice story or something that makes every sense to you is entirely up to your own beliefs, but it works for me. I believe that the most basic thing the Universe shows us is Who We Are and Who We Are Not.

Many years ago I read Lobsang Rampa's explanation of the Overself or the Oneself. It resonated with me then and I have since come to understand it better. It also explains this thread. http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html
Old 11-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
This is anthropocentrism..

Where was this ''soul'' (problematic term on its own) before it was a tree or any other lifeforms?

The idea that a ''soul'' starts (without cause or reason) yet can end its road (enlightenment) is fundamentally flawed.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Kismet

Quote:
Where are souls born?

xx

Good question, actually.

In truth we are all eternal as the supreme one "Soul" of God. Whether as Narayana or Paramashiva.

The individual jiva or jivatma, that is another story I believe. In the "beginning" though, all were one, all were the Self.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
This is anthropocentrism..

Where was this ''soul'' (problematic term on its own) before it was a tree or any other lifeforms?

The idea that a ''soul'' starts (without cause or reason) yet can end its road (enlightenment) is fundamentally flawed.
I agree!

As for the original post: It all depends on how you define "soul" which, as Chrysaetos said, is a problematic term.

So, I'll give my rambling thoughts lol.
For me, the soul is not some super-spirit-magic-metaphysical-thingiething
My soul is a culmination of all the things that brought me to where I am now. To who I am.
It's my individuality and identity that separates me from every other Homo sapiens on this planet. Do I think it's going to live on after my death?Mehhhh, it's not important. I, for now, just assume that once I die, my "soul" will break apart and help make up "souls" for many other things.
So, where does it begin/when were they born? No clue. But I suspect that my own soul, and every own else's, are made up of many other things that have passed on before us. Circle of life, and all that, y'know. Man becomes dirt, dirt feeds flowers, flowers feed bees that feed flowers that feed man. So thank a bee for your soul (individual life/identity)