Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
In this day and age we are supposed to be enlightened and civilised. As civilised and enlightened as the people who have been killing each other over religion for thousands of years? Apparently there have only been 400 years where there has been total peace on the planet, haven't we learned anything yet? And surprisingly there aren't really that many differences between any of the religions and belief systems when you take the trappings away. There's only a difference when people make one, when they consider it to be worth fighting for. Maybe those Homo Habilis genes are still alive and kicking after all.

That sounds about right, sadly.
I remember being 15 or 16 at a min wage job over the summer...a fam restaurant owned by a religious sort and all the mgrs were of like mind. Hey it was a job I could get to without transport, LOL...

There was a discussion one day with staff on break and I & others were asked if we believed in evolution. I said that I believed humans had (at least in part, LOL) evolved from more primitive hominids because of fossil remains. Not that the universe is not ultimately divine in nature but nonetheless.

And the one mgr on duty said, I just can't believe that we ever went around in skins and such beating on one another with clubs. And I remember thinking, are you serious? Very clearly that we do that to one another right now, all over, with different clubs, that's all.

peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Draenevyre

Just popping in to say that in my spiritual journeys over the years, I've been told and led to tell myself that I'm a being of Light and love, but was always attracted to the dark. I never realized that I could be a being of Darkness and love. I'm about to review all my meditation techniques and edit them to suit my calling to darkness. I've been focusing so hard on illuminating my interior; trying to brighten up and see colors in my mind, but if I'm more for the darkness and shadows, wouldn't my colors fade with the introduction of light? Lots to think about now :)
Old 18-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
And the one mgr on duty said, I just can't believe that we ever went around in skins and such beating on one another with clubs. And I remember thinking, are you serious? Very clearly that we do that to one another right now, all over, with different clubs, that's all.

peace & blessings,
7L

And here we are today, still fighting and arguing over beliefs even to the point of it coming towards war - again!! It makes me wonder, if Spirit is all it's cracked up to be and we're here to learn, haven't we learned that war is pretty dark or is there something we're missing? I would have thought that Spirit would have figured it out by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenevyre
I've been focusing so hard on illuminating my interior; trying to brighten up and see colors in my mind, but if I'm more for the darkness and shadows, wouldn't my colors fade with the introduction of light? Lots to think about now :)

And that's what most people miss. If there was no darkness would their Light shine just as brightly, would they even see it? There are just as many dark places inside as there are outside, and Light and Dark are what people say it is and judge them to be, but they are the parents of Duality.