Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-05-2015, 03:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
If it were all one moment, then I'd have the ability to go back to when I was 18 again but, I can't. I can no more fly through the air than change the past. My perception of whether I enjoyed my past can be altered but that's akin to looking at a painting, on each day of a week, and appreciating varying details of the painting with each day bringing a different appreciation. You can't change the painting as it's happened but it's your view that changes and that has no real bearing on past events.

Try to contemplate this question - when will you ever experience your conscious awareness other than the present moment? Is it not always the present moment? You ONLY experience your existence in the here & now... We're not saying there is not a sequence of events that unfold during your existence, we're saying that the present moment is all that truly exists... You can revisit experiences in your mind and believe it to be the 'past', you can use your imagination to create your idea of the 'future', but you are still ONLY experiencing your existence in the present moment...
Old 19-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
we're saying that the present moment is all that truly exists...
I am not saying that.

BTW the 'present moment' does not represent a singular moment in time.
Old 19-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The easiest way to visualize this is to think of a movie. If you are a character in the film, it seems to progress moment to moment. You don’t know what is going to happen until it does.
But to a person holding the finished DVD in their hand, the whole movie is complete. Everything that is going to happen has. You are free to put the DVD in a player and skip around to time indexes in any order you wish.
To a movie editor, though the movie is complete and printed on DVD, it still can be changed. This happens all the time on TV when its edited for content or to fit a time slot.

So while watching a movie it seems like time is passing. It's not (contents of DVD is not changing), you are simply traveling along time indexes in order and making up the sequence of images into a story. With a bit of effort you could view the images in a different order and see a different story. Even though the entire time sequence is complete and unchanging, that does not mean you can’t change the entire sequence (or content). No time does not mean no changes.

Heck, just put another DVD in the player and all ‘time’ is completely different…

I like this explanation wstein.
Old 19-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Talking

wstein,
You don't often hear, 'it has already happened'...I get that more and more
especially because of A Course In Miracles (ACIM) helping me with
the Mind Shift....and what a shift it is!
Glad you brought it up ...and your DVD analogy was* superb!

Next, metal68 is going to ask how can this all be a Dream!?

So, we have 'no time'....and 'none of this is real'....hahaha....lol!!

Ya gotta love it all!

Then, we can move into "I am the chair you're sitting on".
That can be next week! But, it has already happened, so we can
just replay it as we do everything. Ha!

* Sorry, is superb and is going to be superb

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
BTW the 'present moment' does not represent a singular moment in time.

I would not suggest that it does... It's ALWAYS the present moment.
Old 19-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Knower

Hi Tobi,
I think you are correct with this.
Time does not exist as we know it in the afterlife but the soul will have some kind of concept of it from the time it spent on the planet.
Light and Peace
Cirrus
Old 21-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Seeker

Of course there can be no time as we know it in the afterlife. Just as time is so different in a dream. We only perceive time as a constant in this life as we live by the clock, be it a real clock or the body clock that is a materialistic clock. This tells us that we need to sleep when its dark and make hay while the sun shines.
Old 21-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Administrator
There is no time in the spirit world time is a thing that only we expect we have time because we do other things like work school etc,many a time I have been asked why haven't I had a sign from someone in spirit when they have been gone a while, ten minutes in our time could be like 10 months to spirit,it has no purpose, that's why it can take years to hear from someone and others come through quicker,

Namaste
Old 25-05-2015, 02:15 AM
Burntfruit

If time existed in the higher dimensions - there would be a time of pre-existence - which is in paradox territory.
Old 26-05-2015, 07:36 AM
Deactivated Account
The following excerpt is extracting from a book about Near-Death Experiences and a section which was describing what is typically referred to as a 'life review' by the experiencers:

"We learned earlier that during a life review every single detail of one’s past life can be relived. Everything appears to be connected to everything else, an interconnection similar to what in quantum physics is called entanglement; everything is one. All past events appear to be stored and available as soon as one’s mind turns to them. Time no longer plays a role; everything exists in an eternal present. This is true for time as well as for place. NDErs report that during their experiences they can be anywhere in the past as soon as they think about or want to be in a particular place, be it as a baby in its crib, at a sporting event in elementary school, as a student on a study abroad program, or during a vacation in Australia. They instantly return to that situation and relive everything that mattered at that moment in time, including the emotional impact on themselves and others. The mind seems to contain everything at once in a timeless and placeless dimension. In quantum theory this timeless and placeless interconnectedness is called nonlocality." ~ Consciousness Beyond Life (Pim van Lommel M.D.)