Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 15-04-2012, 04:10 AM
Newfreedom9

Anyone gluten free?

I just found out that I'm gluten intolerent. I have gotten a few things like gluten free pizza crust that was really good. Basically I just wanted to hear from others that have made the switch. Any good sites for recipes, or recommendations would be great.
Old 15-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Master

I find I dislike GF bread-like products. Pamela's cookies, Betty Crocker's GF devil's food cake and Mary's Gone crackers were exceptions. I also like Tinkyada pasta and San-J Organic GF Tamari sauce. Mostly I do without or cheat unfortunately.
Old 15-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Lodewijkp

i haven't been tested for gluten allergy or intolerance, but when i ate bread of any grains i just felt way more tired... so i stopped eating gluten products... lactose and caffeine give me bad skin reactions so i also need to avoid that..

this is a minority country and there aren't many alternatives.. i like hemp seeds, oats, millets, fruits, vegetables... when i cook i used organic corn flour or polenta. You can really makes some good tasting cookies with mungbean - just soak them for several hours ( or not ) , grind them up and use them as pastry with other ingredients.

i think you are better of with some books.. im on a raw food diet and i don't use these books but other people recommended them to me.

http://www.amazon.com/100-Best-Glute...4502129&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Gluten-Free-Sh...4502129&sr=1-7
http://www.amazon.com/Gluten-Free-Ba...502129&sr=1-12
Old 15-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Master
Hi Guy's ..

I started to actually feel that something was not quite right over the last 6-8 months when I ate certain foods containing gluten ..

It's not just gluten .lol. I found myself being able to eat less and less, I seriously feel that something is different within the foods that we eat nowadays ..

Somethings not quite right anymore I would say ..

x daz x
Old 16-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Experiencer

I made some awesome bacon wrapped scallops the other day. If you search online, I did the Rachael Ray recipe. They are fantastically gluten free.

I have not been tested for any sensitivity, but I've just been trying to eat healthier. I have been trying to consume less gluten, but with a baby on the way, I end up eating anything, and feel the tiredness as a result.
Old 16-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Newfreedom9

Thanks for all the replies! I've never heard of mungbeans, but I have made black bean brownies and those were pretty good.

I forgot to mention that I'm mostly vegetarian too. I've been trying to go as much organic as possible, and especially avoid gmo's, processed food, msg, aspartame, hydrogonated oils, corn syrup and all that. Now that I've quit eating gluten I'm really different. lol. Most the stuff at the grocery store is just poisoned.

Anyway, I have a really good recipe that I found a while ago. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-b...e7=Home%20Page I leave out the oil and garlic. If you just dump everything in the skillet you don't have to cook the onions seperate in oil. I just wrap this with some lettuce in a GF tortilla or just pile it on a bed of lettuce and eat it that way, sometimes with organic corn chips. It's really yummy, esp if you love cilantro like I do.
Old 19-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Newfreedom9

Bob's red mill gluten free pizza crust mix is really good.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Sentientno1

Hi Newfreedom....

i've been gluten free for 3 years. Due to the erosion of villi in the gut there was also an intolerance to dairy and soy. After about an 18 month gluten free diet was recovered enough to slowly re-introduce those 2 things back in my diet. My weight low weight was a seriouse health factor, the loss due to gluten.

Amazingly, in 3 years the gluten free market has exploded into public availability. When i first went on the diet 3 years ago i thought i would be severely restricted on the variety of what i could eat, and was for awhile.

Since then many supermarkets have a small section dedicated to gluten free products and online sources abound.
Bob's redmill offeres so many things online, Tinkyada pastas are the best, i know i tried most of them.

If anyone wants i have a great homemade bread recipie, have tried a few, and found them lacking, and this one had to be tweaked over months to arrive at the final product. Also have a bannana bread recipie that is better then wheat.

There is a celiac society, and a forum with advice, recipies and info, because of a computer crash i no longer have the link, try a google it's how i found it.

Good luck, take care of the condition, it can lead to other illnesses if not diet treated.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Winston

Hi Newfreedom,

Actually my wife just became a brand partner of a new all natural snack company. All of the products are 100% gluten free, and they taste great

If you want to check out what we offer go to www.snackhealthy.com/jessica11

Let me know what you think! Also before you check out you can click the button to become a preferred customer and you can get the snacks for a cheaper price. The only difference is that it will put you on autoship, but you can always cancel beforehand if you want.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 AM
Newfreedom9

Thanks alot! I have always been underweight too, no matter what I eat. Then when I became a vegetarian I really was underweight (almost 20 lbs) even though I eat a lot. Now it makes sense. Hoping I get clear skin and gain weight back soon! I'm on a detox diet now and eating mostly raw fruits and veggies.