Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-04-2023, 09:01 AM
Master

The Truth

This morning's proverb on the breakfast room's wall was about 'The Truth'.

I wonder what that is...? The real truth I mean.

The first time that the idea - however vague - of the 'truth' came into your mind was when you asked your mum or dad 'where do I come from?' or 'why am I here'? You had suddenly realised that life is something very weird indeed, and badly needs an explanation.

Their answer may well have been 'the stork brought you' or 'watch the birdies' or something similar. It really is a question that no-one can answer. Although of course there are those who insist that they do indeed know what it is.

Which is a problem for the rest of us.

So, seriously, what could 'The Truth' be?

It's a question that has bothered me all my life and to a great extent. It has required a great deal of my time as well as a lot of effort on my part.

Now, in my old age I am no nearer to finding an answer than I have ever been.

I am accompanied in this quest by 8 billion others all of whom do in some way or at various times ask themselves the same question.

Looking out of the window shows us the first signs of spring, the trees are budding, the grass is full of colour, the first wild flowers are blooming, the daffodils are out and the tulips stretching themselves towards the sky. All of these recurring signs of life indicate that life intends to go on and in the end bear fruit.

I do tend to think, (without getting caught up in any prevailing belief system) that I too will bear fruit. This universe, or life, or state of being, or condition or nature, certainly hasn't done all the work needed for everything to reach this level or stage in vain.

The picture of a lotus blooming in its own splendour has always seemed to me to be the fullfillment of a promise I have always searched for and I'll stick with it.

Most of us just don't know of what we are truly part.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 07-04-2023, 09:27 AM
Great topic and very well written post. So honest and open and authentic ...the word of the decade, it seems.
Was wondering what you did, because of this sentence...''It has required a great deal of my time as well as a lot of effort on my part.''
I hope that's ok to ask. Thanks.:)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-04-2023, 09:57 AM
Master
Essentially Ramana’s inquiry: Who am I?
Old 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Master
Does anyone really know Truth? *Deleted* My opinion is if you really truly want to know the real truth, look deeply look into a mirror. That sight alone scares the hell out of most people. Most people look for whatever "truth" they want to believe. A truth that makes them feel safe and secure, in turn is often a lie.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 07-04-2023 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Opinion
Old 07-04-2023, 12:54 PM
Master

Busby: yep feel very similar to you.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:33 PM
Knower

As a general rule, I don't know that there is one single truth, though we like to think that there is. Only one right way or path, only one right answer. That "one answer that is the only truth" gets many all twisted though in religion, politics, etc.

I feel the truth changes and evolves, just as we do. That we each find our own definition of truth, and so it is. And then we change it and evolve it later, and so that is.

All this to say, I have no idea either ����
Old 07-04-2023, 08:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
This morning's proverb on the breakfast room's wall was about 'The Truth'.

I wonder what that is...? The real truth I mean. ...
Nice post! Thanks!

I believe that most of us make a mistake trying to find / learn / understand the Truth, the real truth. It is cocky to believe that we could be able to understand the Truth, and then now what to do about it.

I am more of the opinion that the Truth is in front of us always, but we can't comprehend it because it is humanly impossible: it is infinite in size and in details.

If we got more realistic and pragmatic, we should strive to find answers to: What should I do now? What should I focus on now? How can I change myself and my approach to experiencing, now?

And, pay unbiased attention only to inward guidance.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Molearner

Ideally a belief system should be a derivative of what one has actually experienced. With skill persuasive arguments can be made for anything……IMO it is better finding the truth independently from others. Your turn will come to convince others…..extend them the grace to find their truths…..
Old 08-04-2023, 12:10 AM
Master
The truth means it is the opposite of a lie, or a falsehood.
Is there a truth which stands alone without falsehood,
or is there an absolute truth?

Often when people talk about “truth” they wander into what
is real and what is not real. What we consider reality to be is
often what we consider to be the truth.
Old 08-04-2023, 09:22 AM
Administrator
There is a lot if Truth in that

Namaste