Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 11-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
im long done on this one. its reallly not my concern what you do or dont understand. bezudes you have every right to become part of a zombie apocalypse.

Your just saying the same stuff over and over ..

You haven't even started to explain / answer my question/s .

It's arrogance at best to surmise what I do or do not understand without answering my question/s .

How can you surmise what I don't understand?

Not sure what all this religious stuff and zombie stuff is all about either .

I am a dude asking you straightforward questions .

x daz x
Old 11-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Originally Posted by ajay00
There is nothing wrong in enjoying the pleasures of the world, what is wrong is in being attached to such pleasures to the point where one cannot detach from it.

Yes I agree but if you swap one Nicotine product for another then obviously he was extremely attached and addicted to Nicotine.

There is a saying by Thomas Jefferson, " The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory. "

Poor Nisargadatta happened to come from a poverty stricken family who managed to raise himself to prosperity by quality workmanship and business acumen. He made cigarettes himself , sold them and lived to the ripe age of 84 enjoying cigarettes while teaching and discussing advaita. It was an inexpensive source of enjoyment for him, and he could not do scuba diving, shooting game or gambling in Las Vegas while teaching advaita at the same time. Enjoying cigarettes was something inexpensive he could do then.

There is nothing in the vedas and upanishads that state that enjoying cigarettes is a crime, though liquor is not condoned.

Perhaps you need to get over your addiction to terming enlightened masters as addicts and do something to improve the quality of your posts.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 11-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I agree there is nothing wrong in enjoying anything but anything that becomes a habit is a form of attachment .

To have the same habit that lasts for 5, 10, 20 or 30 years is a form of an attachment .

How many years of doing the same thing day in and day out doesn't constitute being an attachment, 4 months, 4 years?

Why would a guru entertain the same habit and not have an attachment to it?

To say after so many years I can give it up is denying the attachment had for as many years they haven't actually given it up lol .

To enjoy the pleasures of this world is an attachment to the pleasures otherwise one would not entertain the pleasure .

Attachment is about the connection / relationship had to what is pleasurable, it's not about enjoying the pleasure of something to a point where they can no longer do without it .

When does an individual normally give up something that they find pleasurable?

Pleasure is addictive and one would rather be feeling the pleasure rather than the pain ..

Meditating everyday like I do is an attachment, practising by means to transcend the ego/self/mind are attachments made in order to create / experience a specific result .

x daz x

So if you are enlightened and Nisargadatta is not, how come the world recognizes Nisargadatta as an enlightened master and don't even know your name.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 11-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
There is a saying by Thomas Jefferson, " The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory. "

Poor Nisargadatta happened to come from a poverty stricken family who managed to raise himself to prosperity by quality workmanship and business acumen. He made cigarettes himself , sold them and lived to the ripe age of 84 enjoying cigarettes while teaching and discussing advaita. It was an inexpensive source of enjoyment for him, and he could not do scuba diving, shooting game or gambling in Las Vegas while teaching advaita at the same time. Enjoying cigarettes was something inexpensive he could do then.

There is nothing in the vedas and upanishads that state that enjoying cigarettes is a crime, though liquor is not condoned.

Perhaps you need to get over your addiction to terming enlightened masters as addicts and do something to improve the quality of your posts.

Enlightened or not, poor or rich, he was addicted to Nicotine , he had desires and attachments like most of us have....
Old 11-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Enlightened or not, poor or rich, he was addicted to Nicotine , he had desires and attachments like most of us have....

He enjoyed nicotine, as making cigarettes was his profession.If he was addicted to it, he would have died in his thirties or forties of lung cancer and would not have lived to the old age of 84.

Also are you an enlightened master yourself to authoritatively certify Nisargadatta as unenlightened in the hinduism forum !

If so, could you show me some of your published books and papers on spirituality. Most of the time, I found your posts boring and skipped it. If you are enlightened, maybe I need to pay more attention to it.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:16 PM
Master
Quote:
So if you are enlightened and Nisargadatta is not, how come the world recognizes Nisargadatta as an enlightened master and don't even know your name.

There are plenty of people proclaimed to be this and that and have millions of followers, does that make them anymore realized than the man who keeps to themselves .

My mother for example spend 50 years in the realization and in the knowing of Self and only I knew .

She could of written books about it, she could of taught at retreats, she could of written blogs and entertained the forums but had no need to nor did she ever want to .

I never spoke about my realizations for 10 years and only felt the need to share what I know over the last handful of years ..

What becomes of me we will have to wait and see, but in that waiting doesn't negate what I know about Self and what we are that is attached to things of this world .

I understand the nature of behaviour in reflection of self, please don't underestimate my understandings and knowings because I haven't published a book or been on the stage . 'Running' seems to have his back up regarding our conversations while supposedly entertain bliss for so many years . Just watch the behaviour of peeps that say one thing and do another, watch out for the guru that waves at you while in the back seat of a rolls ..

I do however resonate with many so called masters and gurus and some I see flaws in, some I do not, it depends on who/m and what is said and in what context .

If you have followed my thoughts on niz I have not spoken about how realized or enlightened he is or isn't, I have simply asked questions based upon habit and attachments .

Thus far I have had no answers, but have had remarks about my lack of understanding power and my lack of being known to the public .

Just look at the comments made in relation to the questions then do the math .

x daz x
Old 11-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
He enjoyed nicotine, as making cigarettes was his profession.If he was addicted to it, he would have died in his thirties or forties of lung cancer and would not have lived to the old age of 84.

Also are you an enlightened master yourself to authoritatively certify Nisargadatta as unenlightened in the hinduism forum !

If so, could you show me some of your published books and papers on spirituality. Most of the time, I found your posts boring and skipped it. If you are enlightened, maybe I need to pay more attention to it.

You can live until the ripe old age of 100 and still have addictions/desires/attachments
Can you please point out where I have mentioned anything about ' Enlightenment ' in regards to Nicotine addiction? then you can skip my boring post's
Old 11-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
There are plenty of people proclaimed to be this and that and have millions of followers, does that make them anymore realized than the man who keeps to themselves .

My mother for example spend 50 years in the realization and in the knowing of Self and only I knew .

She could of written books about it, she could of taught at retreats, she could of written blogs and entertained the forums but had no need to nor did she ever want to .

I never spoke about my realizations for 10 years and only felt the need to share what I know over the last handful of years ..

What becomes of me we will have to wait and see, but in that waiting doesn't negate what I know about Self and what we are that is attached to things of this world .

I understand the nature of behaviour in reflection of self, please don't underestimate my understandings and knowings because I haven't published a book or been on the stage . 'Running' seems to have his back up regarding our conversations while supposedly entertain bliss for so many years . Just watch the behaviour of peeps that say one thing and do another, watch out for the guru that waves at you while in the back seat of a rolls ..

I do however resonate with many so called masters and gurus and some I see flaws in, some I do not, it depends on who/m and what is said and in what context .

If you have followed my thoughts on niz I have not spoken about how realized or enlightened he is or isn't, I have simply asked questions based upon habit and attachments .

Thus far I have had no answers, but have had remarks about my lack of understanding power and my lack of being known to the public .

x daz x

' My mother for example spend 50 years in the realization and in the knowing of Self and only I knew .'

You are fortunate to be ' A chip off the old block '
Old 11-09-2018, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
That is a very down-to-earth philosophy, my friend and one I also share.

Personal integrity is also called 'taking the high road' and it is not about positioning yourself as being 'better/higher/more evolved" than another...it is all about not letting what others say 'get to you' or influence you in any way viz 'emotional distancing'.

Some who do not know about this call it 'stubborness', but those who know, call it 'inner strength' or 'conviction' or 'purpose'...or a sense of all three combined, with the foundation being unconditional love...and also the bliss and the silence. ;)

A while ago, I watched a video by Matt Kahn (and if there's anybody who I believe is 'enlightened' - it is this guy, right here):

Reclaim Your Power - Matt Kahn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NllANrBt1rQ

Then, if you want to find out all about Tantra, inside and out...there are two 'enlightened' guys...Peter Marchand and Igor Kufayev:

Peter Marchand
https://www.youtube.com/user/peterpandoer/videos

I really love his "Detached Attachment" satsanga....and goes further to discuss what we have already been talking about in this thread for two days.

Peter Marchand is the direct disciple of Harish Johari...one of my teachers (I was a member of the Sanatana Society):
http://www.sanatansociety.com/artist...ri_history.htm

The second one - Igor Kufayev

A student of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and studied Transcendental Meditation for years, before adopting Kashmir Shaivism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFFmRmDie1E

Then there is Craig Holliday who discusses Kundalini stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrcraigholliday/videos

Matt Kahn is totally awesome though...

I have my own list of those I 'resonate with' on Youtube...I also like Pema Chodron but I don't like Thich Nhat Hanh much (as far as Buddhist teachings goes)...although I listen to Alan Watts...a LOT...I have all his lectures downloaded and listen to a different one each night.

I like Marianne Williamson...but that's enough now....I am my own 'guru'.

I spend a lot of time watching and listening to lectures, mantras, devotional songs (I learned the Shiva Panchakshara Stotram in full last night - I only remembered the first and last verse, but now I know it all) etc and I know how to perfect Yoga Nidra (conscious sleep) and just watch my thoughts whilst half-asleep (totally relaxing the body first).

I don't really do any 'spiritual practice' or sadhana, because it's just a 'way of life'....now, if only I could wake up at 6am and not 10am, I'd be set.

If you want my honest opinion...smoking interferes with the correct distribution of Prana within the etheric sheath. Just as nicotine inhibits heamoglobin from carrying oxygen to the brain, it also inhibits Shakti from carrying Pranic energy into the Pranic sheath.

So, smoking can only hinder and not help.

A long time ago, I was a Yoga teacher (Hatha, Raja and Kriya Yoga), so I know the role of nicotine on the nervous system...whether it has any adverse effect in regards to "enlightenment" no idea...

I look at the words, not the person speaking them....and now, I am giving away all my trade secrets. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

How's Mum today?
Old 11-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Master

Quote:

x daz x

Look, I understand your need to be appreciated and known, but this is not the forum to do that.

Nisargadatta is a famous Hindu master known for his philosophical works all over the world, and making baseless assertions against him over here in the Hinduism forum is probably against the forum rules.