Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-03-2019, 08:00 AM
ant

Labels,Concepts and attachment.

The last 4yrs,i have looked up on new age,buddism,hindu,taoism etc etc,twin flame concepts,souls,along with astrology and yoga in an effort to find a better understanding and meaning to life,well the truth.

I have been in transition and have totally turned my life around and turned my back on this capitalist system.

I have also gotten to this point,that i don't attach to labels and concepts.

And take everything with a grain of salt.

Who rightly knows anything?It is easy though to be mislead isn't it.

I generally think people pay too much attention and make too much effort and affected by labels and concepts.

Consumed in a sense.

But isn't that the whole point.

IE:Leading one up the garden path through many roads to find 'something'.

Something i mean 'tangible'.

Yet attaching.

The way i see it,people are mislead by label and concepts,attaching someone elses experience/s that is not there own.

And haven't taken into the account as well,the 'capitalist system'.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:24 AM
Master
In my view, we can never lose the attachment to labels, because even "not labeling" things, is still an attachment to labels.

What I feel needs to happen, is to see a label as being more of a "descriptive thing" rather than a "defining thing" and losing attachments simply means that whether you have an attachment or not is really not important.

People think that making progress means to associate with the opposite thing that was holding them back, when the opposite thing can be JUST as self-limiting and sabotaging as that they are trying to "escape" from...so, instead of rejecting, escaping, seeking the opposite...why not either FULLY accept it or just let it go with love?

I have no problems with labeling things, but some others may have problems with the fact that I do and they do not. Will it make any difference to either party? nope...so why worry?
Old 08-03-2019, 09:14 AM
ant

Firstly thankyou for your reply,i really appreciate it.

I though beg to differ somewhat,i like to form a view we can 'taste' but not 'eat',in regards to attachment and labels.

What you describe though as your looking for something 'tangible'.

Regards progress and association,you've lost me and confused me by your reasoning,it ain't logical nor makes sense.

In time,you'll find,the short answer is all you need.

As to your last sentence,i'm trying to help,i know things aren't processing as they should,and i've been there myself.

I now have an older woman conveying now too.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:31 AM
ant

I though,have misgivings about this site and others actually.

People should discern for themselves.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
I though,have misgivings about this site and others actually.

People should discern for themselves.
So do I, my friend...so do I (and it is getting much worse).

Yes, people should discern for themselves and it is indeed unfortunate that "freedom of Religious expression" is seen as a great sin by some people.

I grow tired of the accusations of "delusion" and "deception" by those who believe they are "God's gift to humanity" .

I'm over it.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:03 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
I now have an older woman conveying now too.

I thought this was rather odd as i've never had a visitation before.

I glad i type it out,as i wouldn't have remembered after few reds last night.: p
Old 09-03-2019, 02:08 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Yes, people should discern for themselves and it is indeed unfortunate that "freedom of Religious expression" is seen as a great sin by some people.

I grow tired of the accusations of "delusion" and "deception" by those who believe they are "God's gift to humanity" .

I'm over it.

Freedom of Religious expression,exactly.

We are all in this together,trying to make sense of it all and trying to join the dots.

No ones better or higher than anyone else.

Anyhow,don't let it get to you,i'm sure you have thicker skin.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:36 AM
janielee

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

I'm over it.

SD

I hope that you know that you contribute so much and are extremely insightful [many times]. I at least am grateful.

JL
Old 09-03-2019, 08:34 AM
Lorelyen

Hard to see how anyone can detach from labels - they're the words we use to classify and specify any and everything we need to communicate. Just signs. Semiotics and semantic hierarchy: nouns to specify what we're talking about, the subjects and objects; verbs to describe the actions upon them; adjectives to focus in on particularities - and the rest.

Doesn't matter whether it's spiritual, abstract or concrete stuff; ideal or real essence.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:04 AM
ant

Detaching is same as observing a thought and letting it pass.

You take note,you consider it,you take it with a grain of salt.

You look at the whole picture,just not one part.