Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Knower

people who want to end

People like most intellectuals, engineers, medics, that deny spirit, who want to end their existence after death such as ceasing to exist after their brain dies because going unconscious forever. Will they actually stop existing because they wished, thought and think so?
Old 13-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Administrator
The answer to that is No the soul lives on it does not die the body dies but the soul travels back home to spirit.
I am a medium and have bought many people through who thought that death was the end,
many medics are spiritual they deal with people passing on a regular basis one paramedic that I know said to me knowing that there is life after death makes the job easier.

Namaste
Old 14-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Knower

Hello. May I know please how do you know this was real and not imagination? What did they tell you? Thanks and Namaste to you as well
Old 14-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Hello. May I know please how do you know this, how do you know it was not imagination? What did they tell you? Thanks and Namaste to you as well
we don't positively know anything. One day coffee is bad for you, the next day it's the secret to a long healthy life. I was raised knowing only one "god" ect,ect. But one day I opened my mind and asked question after question with minimal actual answers from people. But with an open mind you can learn. At one time I was an extremely skeptical. I learned by opening up with intent to prove somebody wrong. And let me tell you I was taught on massive lesson just because we can't see it with our eyes doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Old 14-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
we don't positively know anything. One day coffee is bad for you, the next day it's the secret to a long healthy life. I was raised knowing only one "god" ect,ect. But one day I opened my mind and asked question after question with minimal actual answers from people. But with an open mind you can learn. At one time I was an extremely skeptical. I learned by opening up with intent to prove somebody wrong. And let me tell you I was taught on massive lesson just because we can't see it with our eyes doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I agree with you, but it's not just about seeing, it's also about detecting, because we can't see air but can detect it. Science couldn't detect spirit in humans or nearby. NASA has been lookin trillions of light years away from our Planet and couldn't find anything spiritual.
Old 14-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Master

Quote:
I agree with you, but it's not just about seeing, it's also about detecting, because we can't see air but can detect it. Science couldn't detect spirit in humans or nearby. NASA has been lookin trillions of light years away from our Planet and couldn't find anything spiritual.

And the irony is that the spiritual is everywhere, but NASA cannot see it. It is like a fish swimming in water but unable to detect the water that surrounds it.

Peace.
Old 15-04-2019, 12:26 AM
Master
A close minded scientist will most likely not find what he is certain does not exist.
Old 15-04-2019, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
it's kind of like our own bodies are the antennas picking up radio waves from satellites. But what typically happens we loose that ability because in my society we're taught from extremely young not to trust those feelings. Our parents tell us not to believe in ghost. And "ooooh that's just your imagination" and it's meaningless. ect,ect,ect. If you don't use something you have you loose it. From my experience at first, I turned that channel on like turning on the news. And sure enough I got the news. And it startled me. I had to learn what it meant. I don't doubt many people did the same and got startled and thought I am not doing that again. Or "that was just my imagination" and passed it off as meaningless. A good place to start is to learn to trust that "imaginary" voice in your head. Within reason obviously!
Old 15-04-2019, 03:33 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Will they actually stop existing because they wished, thought and think so?

I vote: no. No one lives in a vacuum.

Even if the soul doesn't exist ( I believe it does ); each and every one of us has an effect on the people, places, things, etc, that we interact with. Then those people, places, and things have an effect on the people, places, and things that they interact with, and so on, and so on, and so on...

The net effect is a continuous chain of cause and effect. No one lives in a vacuum. Everyone's story lives forever in this chain.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:10 PM
Guide
Quote:
People like most intellectuals, engineers, medics, that deny spirit, who want to end their existence after death such as ceasing to exist after their brain dies because going unconscious forever. Will they actually stop existing because they wished, thought and think so?

I think what you describe is often considered to be the pure atheist view. That we exist as isolated individuals with no meaningful purpose except for the duration of our life then we die. So, bar what is then considered to be limiting life choices within the confines of our means and geographical locations, everything is effectively predetermined.

I admittedly don't subscribe to this view, or the theist view of an eternal Creator. So while, yes, I as an individual don't believe in my independent conscious continuation after I die - I as universal consciousness will continue though everyone and everything. So on death we won't experience 'non-existence' or 'eternal darkness'. Where we our soul isn't in our body, but our body is in our soul.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking