Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 04-02-2018, 12:20 AM
Master
The question of who owned slaves is a side issue to a far more important perspective, though certainly not more than for those who were enslaved.

The most important question is not who owned slaves, but rather, why the founding generation, who courageously echoed Patrick Henry's revolutionary cry in 1775, "Give me liberty or give me death", who courageously affixed their sacred honor and signatures to the Constitution in September 1787, but who could NOT muster the courage to remove slavery's inhumane presence from the formative document of the nation BEFORE it was necessary to formally abolish it with the 13th Amendment, in 1865......78 YEARS, and at least 750,000 precious lives later ??

Slow learners?

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scene_...n ited_States

Reference: https://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/o...amendment.html

Reference: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/sc...-estimate.html
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 04-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Gracey

the brown headed cowbird bullies other birds to take care of their eggs, if they dont, the cow bird will kill the other birds eggs. essentially they are making other birds slaves.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
the brown headed cowbird bullies other birds to take care of their eggs, if they dont, the cow bird will kill the other birds eggs. essentially they are making other birds slaves.

...bullying must be in the cowbird's "constitution" (heh, heh)
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 04-02-2018, 01:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
The question of who owned slaves is a side issue to a far more important perspective, though certainly not for those who were enslaved.

The more important question is not who owned slaves, but rather, why the founding generation who actually affixed their sacred honor and signatures to the Constitution in September 1787 did not have the courage to remove slavery's inhuman presence from the formative document of the nation BEFORE it was necessary to formally abolish it in 1865 with the 13th Amendment 219 YEARS, and at least 750,000 precious lives LATER?? Slow learners?

While we're on the subject of slavery. Not many people know that Scotland abolished slavery 30 years after it was abolished in England. By abolished, I mean, made illegal.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Master
'King' in a snake's name means that it preys on other snake e.g. King Cobra
Old 04-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
'King' in a snake's name means that it preys on other snake e.g. King Cobra

Here in Texas where I live we have the Texas King snake.....it's favorite meal??? Rattlesnakes!!
The Texas King snake is immune to the rattlesnakes venom!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 04-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Here in Texas where I live we have the Texas King snake.....it's favorite meal??? Rattlesnakes!!
The Texas King snake is immune to the rattlesnakes venom!

It all sounds so scary!!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
The question of who owned slaves is a side issue to a far more important perspective, though certainly not more than for those who were enslaved.

The most important question is not who owned slaves, but rather, why the founding generation, who courageously echoed Patrick Henry's revolutionary cry in 1775, "Give me liberty or give me death", who courageously affixed their sacred honor and signatures to the Constitution in September 1787, but who could NOT muster the courage to remove slavery's inhumane presence from the formative document of the nation BEFORE it was necessary to formally abolish it with the 13th Amendment, in 1865......78 YEARS, and at least 750,000 precious lives later ??

Slow learners?

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scene_...n ited_States

..... so when true Bravehearts who, with their countrymen, acted far more courageously than these, asked themselves, "What will you do without your freedom?"

.... this should prompt us to look at what we're still doing to our own countrymen with it.

All things considered, I think it is far better to be free to learn from one's mistakes sooner rather than later, than it is to remain enslaved to a notion that ANY in God's creation is not worth His love....

... especially after receiving God's own gift of 250 years OF freedom to do so!!!!

Then again maybe that's how long it takes for Slow Learners to get up to speed.

Last edited by guthrio : 04-02-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Master
There has not been a single occurance of a wild killer whale killing a human
Old 05-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Master
I don't like honey,garlic mustard.