Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 31-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
What specific reason did you go there for?
Had been totally stressed out to the point that my jaw is always clenched, I'd broken 2 teeth and fractured more, shelled out money to the dentist because of it ...they are making a mouthguard for me now. Sigh.

Just been totally out of sorts and felt unable to deal with it, but oddly enough weeks before the appointment, I finally succeeded in dealing with some issues and have been doing quite well for the most part...still feel rage coming up from time to time though.

I don't think the woman was a fraud or a goof, but I think she's gotten up in the years and perhaps lonely and enjoyed talking to me so much, she got carried away, plus she had an injury that I worried would hurt her and I was distracted by that and the room, etc.. Maybe it was just me.

I think I'm also wanting more 'experiences' in my life...I wanted to see about this. I'm not big on the medical community at all. I'll be checking out acupuncture in the near future and hopefully the results will be good, unlike my reiki and meditation.
Old 31-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiewilbury
Sounds like the issue was with the person doing the session. Nothing more annoying than someone yapping away about how great they are and all they've done after you've shelled out money. Reiki and energy healing for me has made a huge difference in how I feel day to day, and also the depths to which I can clear my mind and meditate. If I have an issue with a chakra that I can't clear myself I've got a great Reiki healer here. I've also paid money at a place, gone in, and known the minute they started talking that they weren't really tapping in very far, but I politely listened, set my intent for the best good that could come out of it and learned my lesson.

Reiki has been known to help move stagnant energy along and release blockages. It goes where it is needed. When I send healing energy people almost always feel it and depending on what they're looking for it can really make a difference in their life. Sometimes it can relieve physical pain but I think it does more for emotional pain and past life healing.

I'd be happy to set up a long distance session for free if you want, to see if you have a different experience. Sorry it was such a drag!

Sounds interesting but honestly, you'd have to explain because I cant imagine how energy could flow from wherever you are to me...I often hear people say send healing vibes or good vibes and I'm guilty of same but I often wonder if it works. Over the past year I've falling away on many of my old thoughts patterns and beliefs, which is really a good thing but still I long for something to actually BE TRUE. lol...I do believe in my own experiences, but I also tear them apart and analyze them from top to bottom... I'd be willing to try this out though.

As much as a doubting Thomas I may sound at the moment, I can recall numerous times I "thought" my energy has done some amazing things.
Old 31-10-2014, 08:22 PM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Had been totally stressed out to the point that my jaw is always clenched, I'd broken 2 teeth and fractured more, shelled out money to the dentist because of it ...they are making a mouthguard for me now. Sigh.

Just been totally out of sorts and felt unable to deal with it, but oddly enough weeks before the appointment, I finally succeeded in dealing with some issues and have been doing quite well for the most part...still feel rage coming up from time to time though.

I don't think the woman was a fraud or a goof, but I think she's gotten up in the years and perhaps lonely and enjoyed talking to me so much, she got carried away, plus she had an injury that I worried would hurt her and I was distracted by that and the room, etc.. Maybe it was just me.

I think I'm also wanting more 'experiences' in my life...I wanted to see about this. I'm not big on the medical community at all. I'll be checking out acupuncture in the near future and hopefully the results will be good, unlike my reiki and meditation.

My experience is there should be something you want to address in order to have a successful session whatever the therapy. That does not mean what solves is something you are consciously aware of, but the route through involves a wavelength that you do not want to have to experience. I know nothing about Reiki and it sounds like you are correct, you became the practitioner.
Maybe that tells you something?
Old 31-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Sounds interesting but honestly, you'd have to explain because I cant imagine how energy could flow from wherever you are to me...I often hear people say send healing vibes or good vibes and I'm guilty of same but I often wonder if it works. Over the past year I've falling away on many of my old thoughts patterns and beliefs, which is really a good thing but still I long for something to actually BE TRUE. lol...I do believe in my own experiences, but I also tear them apart and analyze them from top to bottom... I'd be willing to try this out though.

As much as a doubting Thomas I may sound at the moment, I can recall numerous times I "thought" my energy has done some amazing things.

I think I am in a fortunate way because I don't have to be a skeptic anymore. I can feel it as clearly as I can feel anything else. I think it was the second time I had Reiki that I was lying down, relaxed, and suddenly felt the energy start at my feet and cover me like a blanket. I opened my eyes and asked, "What are you doing?" She said she'd been drawing the Reiki symbols in the air, bringing the energy in. I guarantee you I knew then that it was not in my mind. I felt the difference in all my chakras after (and during). Also, I meditate quite a bit and clear my chakras daily and I am very aware if one of them has a symptom. Some people have clearer energy awareness than others.

I certainly don't feel like I am conjuring anything up or doing some kind of "magical" work, or like I'm some sort of miracle healer. It just is there and it's part of my daily life. Most people feel the energy as I am sending it, but not everyone. I can reach out and feel what the energy output is in each chakra or sense blockages. It's not "me" necessarily doing the healing, obviously, it comes from God/Source/the Universe or whatever people call it. I just try to direct it where it can do the most good. I think if you discover you have a natural ability to do something, and it helps people, then I feel like I should try to use it. When I start having sessions and people say "I didn't feel anything" or "What a waste of time that was" over and over then I would rethink what I am doing. But so far, everyone seems to respond well. Some have better experiences than others, like any treatment.

It's almost like trying to explain to a blind person what the color blue is like, for instance. He could say, "I don't believe in colors because to me they don't exist, no matter how much I want them to be real." That's a bit stark of a comparison because I think we all have some energy sensitivity. But when it's as real as a touch or a breeze or a friendly hug on a bad day...well, the belief in the unseen ceases to be a belief.

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Gonewithpie

You could be blocked try clearing your chakras.
Old 13-11-2014, 09:26 PM
4everLove

Yep reiki is about letting the energy flow from a place of love and not manipulation. I do my sessions with soft music (if client wants) and I distance my own self energetically away from them so I could channel the energy. I will usually get messages too when there is silence that could help clients. it really depends on the practitioner. some may like one while others don't but that is strange to have someone yap like that...hmmmmm. there are so many different practitioners and even different modalities to try! it's really fun when you find the good ones! I've had really good experiences and some I didn't care for much. Good luck and just have fun :) you are as much of a healer as anyone else!
Old 27-11-2014, 12:14 PM
eileen rose

Quote:
The reiki wasn't much.

So what's the big deal about it?

It it's basic form, is a way, to learn to self heal, via the hands. That is what helped me to begin. I never found another way to learn to use the hands in such a manner. So it worked out for me. But I never charged to heal others and after I learned it well, I quit doing on any others (just used it on myself until I no longer found it helpful). Though I did have the protection of the lamb (while doing this). Which is a very long topic, and not your question.

On the other hand, using it
As an advanced form of healing (liking doing it for money on others), you run the risk of negative entity penetration. It does use the lightening bolt, as a symbol of entrance (aka a luciferian symbol).

I'm not the first to see this. You can google it.

So in one way, it was never meant to work, from my viewpoint, as a healing tool on others.

Once I stopped using the reiki symbols and none of their incantations, I began to see that the laying on of hands, is a valuable asset....in the right hands (god/Jesus).

Just one more thing we have in this world, that has multiple facets, to it.
Old 27-11-2014, 03:35 PM
AnandinBhisajKurma

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileen rose
It it's basic form, is a way, to learn to self heal, via the hands. That is what helped me to begin. I never found another way to learn to use the hands in such a manner. So it worked out for me. But I never charged to heal others and after I learned it well, I quit doing on any others (just used it on myself until I no longer found it helpful). Though I did have the protection of the lamb (while doing this). Which is a very long topic, and not your question.

On the other hand, using it
As an advanced form of healing (liking doing it for money on others), you run the risk of negative entity penetration. It does use the lightening bolt, as a symbol of entrance (aka a luciferian symbol).

I'm not the first to see this. You can google it.

So in one way, it was never meant to work, from my viewpoint, as a healing tool on others.

Once I stopped using the reiki symbols and none of their incantations, I began to see that the laying on of hands, is a valuable asset....in the right hands (god/Jesus).

Just one more thing we have in this world, that has multiple facets, to it.

The original motivator for Usui's research of healing techniques was when he heard of Jesus and his miracles.

Which symbol are you likening to a lightning bolt?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Master
I don't understand. Was she teaching you how to do Reiki or giving you a Reiki treatment or both? Are you Reiki attuned? I'm confused by all of it, to be honest lol

My Reiki healer is dead silent when she gives me a treatment, then we talk about the session after. I can't imagine somebody talking through a treatment.