Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Internet dating - bad experience

This morning I arranged to meet a guy who I met through an internet dating site. It was a total disaster. I made a complete fool of myself. It was a case of everything that could have gone wrong did. It was all wrong from the start as he'd ordered me a coffee with milk for me before I arrived and I can't tolerate milk or caffeine. I said some ridicuously stupid things, really bad stock phrases. He paid for food and I couldn't eat much of it, which clearly annoyed him. I feel really bad about myself because I rambled on so stupidly. I was worried about my health as my heart was playing up this morning and that didn't help. I felt like a fish out of water even though I've had two previous dates that went okay. I just can't believe the stupidity of the stuff I said. I thought I'd gone past the stupid kid I was at secondary school. I feel like a complete fool.

So after the food which I couldn't eat I casually mentioned I'd order a taxi for ten minuts time (expecting us to carry on chatting in the meantime) and he just rushed off! Seriously, he got up, said a brief goodbye and scarpered. It was so embarrassing. Not sure if I'll date like this again without at least speaking to the guy on the phone first! I certainly don't expect to hear from this one again.

I guess it wasn't meant to be but it felt so horrible having him rush off like that!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Master
It's really ok, Starbuck, we've all been there. Yeah, speaking to the guy would've been helpful, but then again, maybe not. At least that's one less guy you'll wonder if he's Mr. Right, lol.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm sure everyone has, Silvergirl. Funnily enough it's not so much the rejection in and of itself that bothers me, but how badly I came across. I don't know what happened but reverted back to the stammering kid...not literally but I blew it and sounded an idiot.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Master
So sorry, Starbuck!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Master
Starbuck I've been there too lol .

My worst story was waiting for a guy at a bus stop . I decided to text him to say that I had arrived . He told me he was 6ft with dark hair and would be wearing a radio head t shirt .
Well I couldn't see him lol, so I sent the text . I could had died the 5ft 4 guy who stood next to me pulled out his phone and said Hi .

We went for one drink and then I ran :)
Hope that makes you laugh x

Don't beat yourself up ((( Hugs )) x There's plenty more fish in the sea , we just have to raise our vibration and be ourselves x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Lol thanks Topaz! I'm sure there's some other pretty entertaining stories around! I'll have to look on the net to cheer myself up :)
Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Master
It's hard to date on the Internet that is how Dan and I met but we are the
Total exception HUGs
Spiritlite
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
newmodelthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
This morning I arranged to meet a guy who I met through an internet dating site. It was a total disaster. I made a complete fool of myself. It was a case of everything that could have gone wrong did. It was all wrong from the start as he'd ordered me a coffee with milk for me before I arrived and I can't tolerate milk or caffeine. I said some ridicuously stupid things, really bad stock phrases. He paid for food and I couldn't eat much of it, which clearly annoyed him. I feel really bad about myself because I rambled on so stupidly. I was worried about my health as my heart was playing up this morning and that didn't help. I felt like a fish out of water even though I've had two previous dates that went okay. I just can't believe the stupidity of the stuff I said. I thought I'd gone past the stupid kid I was at secondary school. I feel like a complete fool.

So after the food which I couldn't eat I casually mentioned I'd order a taxi for ten minuts time (expecting us to carry on chatting in the meantime) and he just rushed off! Seriously, he got up, said a brief goodbye and scarpered. It was so embarrassing. Not sure if I'll date like this again without at least speaking to the guy on the phone first! I certainly don't expect to hear from this one again.

I guess it wasn't meant to be but it felt so horrible having him rush off like that!
\
Do not waste your energy on what has past. It was not meant to be. But it was a lesson for you to learn and it is how you handle that lesson that will make or break your next date. Everything in life happens for a reason and that guy demonstrated he was not the one for you anyway.
So you want to find Mr Right? Then starting tomorrow chant this little mantra.
Spirit guide Spirit guide
Guardian of my soul
Guide me through this brand new day
Lead me to my goal.

As you go through your day be consciously aware of people, circumstances and situations that will bring your man to you, but you have to give to receive too. Just try it you have nothing to lose.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:50 AM
spiritmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I'm sure everyone has, Silvergirl. Funnily enough it's not so much the rejection in and of itself that bothers me, but how badly I came across. I don't know what happened but reverted back to the stammering kid...not literally but I blew it and sounded an idiot.

Hi Starbuck,

First off, if I may offer some perspective. On a daily basis I interact with some of the higher level executives in my company, and now and again I have an experience where it seems that I literally forget how to act like a professional OR all of my knowledge on a subject just goes away. Sometimes it just happens!

When I have experiences like you described it is usually due to a lack of sleep, lack of energy, being stressed or my mind is elsewhere. Is it possible that happened here?

What I find very interesting about your comment above is this: "I don't know what happened but reverted back to the stammering kid..." This makes me wonder if something about your meeting triggered a memory or fear from your youth?

Another thought, and one I ask with all respect, but did you unintentionally sabotage yourself? Was there something in you that didn't want this to work out (for whatever reason) and as a result the situation manifested as it did?

Don't let this bother you as much as it is. Take a moment to relax, don't be afraid to email him and express yourself (sorry for how it turned out, that isn't what I had planned, I was having a bad day...), but above all don't let this experience hold you back.

With love,
Spirit Monk
Old 08-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Thank you both. I had a lovely dream last night about pots of primrose everywhere, so that was a massive comfort!

Newmodelthinker - the problem is I don;t get out much (I have a disability) so internet dating is a way of bringing people to me! I'm not actually as fussed today, it was one of those things. I'll carry on dating but I'm not pinning all hopes on finding the right person. I can't live that way. Thanks for your help.

Spiritmonk - yes what you said does ring true. I have a disability (which the guy was aware of) and I was struggling yesterday with increased fatigue and problems with my heart. I was really worried I'd start to feel really unwell. Maybe deep down I didn't feel ready for the date. I've been on two previous dates as I said, and they were completely different. I probably gave out the wrong energy but it wasn't to intentionally sabotage - just where I was. I'm not sure I'd like to email him as I don't want to look more ridiculous or fall into the trap of apologising for myself - I'll consider it. Thanks.