Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Shim

Deleted.....

Last edited by Shim : 07-12-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 29-11-2010, 02:23 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
"Organized religion needs to be accountable for its members.." A statement of contradiction? I can't speak about other churches but it's not uncommon for the congregation elders to knock on a members door and not invite them back into the church if through the grapevine a fellow Christian is not living a life according to scripture. At least in our Church, this isn't common practice, but it has happened.

Just some thoughts too...
That's what i mean.. church is exactly where that person should be, according to 'scripture'.. Jesus lived with sinners, consorted with harlots, and hung around with lower class, his only rebuke was to money changers in the temple.. so, is your church or your elders practicing as Jesus would, or are they judging who is worthy of your church's brand of salvation? let's see, what does the bible say about judging? more than 2000 years later, i don't see that Christianity got the message.. and, by the way, the message of Jesus is brilliant, where are those that would actually Live it?

Be well..
Old 29-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

That's what i mean.. church is exactly where that person should be, according to 'scripture'.. Jesus lived with sinners, consorted with harlots, and hung around with lower class, his only rebuke was to money changers in the temple.. so, is your church or your elders practicing as Jesus would, or are they judging who is worthy of your church's brand of salvation? let's see, what does the bible say about judging? more than 2000 years later, i don't see that Christianity got the message.. and, by the way, the message of Jesus is brilliant, where are those that would actually Live it?

Be well..

Hello TzuJanLi

Deleted....

Last edited by Shim : 07-12-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 29-11-2010, 02:46 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Hello TzuJanLi

Jesus made a moral judgment about certain persons, using metaphors such as dogs and pigs, we cannot help but to make moral judgments in life. The wrong kind of judging is condemning. The right kind of judging is properly evaluating moral (or doctrinal) matters with a humble, helpful attitude.

Now from what I heard, this person was approached on numerous occasions, bringing to them the wrongful actions of their life, until, well I am not going to bring out the dirty laundry of an individual but by their actions it was questionable whether that they were "safe" to be around children. Nonetheless teaching them which this individual was. Now you didn't hear that from me.

I remember the first time this occurred I was shocked that a person would be publicly denounced in front of the entire congregation and also for the members to stop association with the "guilty" party. And the elders did back up a sound decision based on Scriptures all throughout Paul's writings.
I am sad for you and that church's people.. good luck, but.. that is not the way of a 'Loving God', or the way Jesus lived.. read the Gnostic Gospels if you can.. the Truth of the 'idea' of God is not confined to the pages of the bible.. Read "Conversations with God", by Neale Donald Walsch, outstanding modern revelations of God through a common man.. seek a relationship through understanding God through your own direct experience.. it's the most important thing you will ever do.

Be well..
Old 29-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

I am sad for you and that church's people.. good luck, but.. that is not the way of a 'Loving God', or the way Jesus lived.. read the Gnostic Gospels if you can.. the Truth of the 'idea' of God is not confined to the pages of the bible.. Read "Conversations with God", by Neale Donald Walsch, outstanding modern revelations of God through a common man.. seek a relationship through understanding God through your own direct experience.. it's the most important thing you will ever do.

Be well..

Deleted...

Last edited by Shim : 07-12-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 29-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Scibat

Angry

I go to a UU church, and yes its an organized religion. But they don't push their beliefs onto anyone else -- Why? Simply because they believe in pretty much everything. One week the reverend is talking about the teachings of Buddha, the next he's teaching us about Pagan Holidays. After that the teachings of Jesus, and then maybe a sermon based on nothing more than the Golden Rule or giving thanks for what one has.

That is why I took umbrage at the following:

Quote:
Because each of their pathetic little churches wanted to be all powerful ?

No organised church is interested in the true truth regarding God....but just in their own "power.

That is a very broad statement, born of arrogance and ignorance. And I felt strongly about commenting upon it, based on my own beliefs, teachings and the 'pathetic little church' I happen to go to.

If the OP of the above statements had done a little research, instead of blindly jumping on the 'Bash Organized Religion Bandwagon' then he might have chosen his words more carefully.

Yes there are bad organized religions out there, out for money and power -- but not all. My church doesn't pretend to have the market cornered on the truth about God, but its explored and discussed much like here -- And my church certainly isn't after 'power'.

I really get sick and tired of people who seem to bash religion because its one of the current things its 'hip' to slam if you are not part of it.

Anyway, rant over. Apologies to anyone my comments may have offended.