Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-11-2010, 11:13 PM
debbie.b

constantine

i'm just watching the movie constantine........demonic possession, is it possible? could someone get that emotionally charged through negative energy that it would appear they were possessed?
Old 25-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Master
yes, ive seen a person be possessed by an entity, and had 3 witnesses with me, and we all agreed as to what we had seen...
Old 26-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Gracey

that was a really good movie. i have not come across this in my experience. to me, demons are of the psyche....

back in the day, when jesus cast out demons, they were called brothers of the shadow, they were ghosts who never moved on to a higher consciousness.
Old 26-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Master
nope, they dont exist merely in the mind, however, bad mental and emotinal habits CAN create such things, but those cant possess anyone either...they really arent anything to be scared of, just do away with them...they are soul too, continuing bad habits after having left the body for good...one doesnt need any supernatural power to get rid of them either...the movies tend to blow things out of proportion a bit...
Old 26-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Gracey

Shabda,
in your knowldege, where do demons come from?
Old 26-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Shabda,
in your knowldege, where do demons come from?
well, as far as i know they certainly dont come from hell, and hells do exist on the astral plane but not for any eternal sentence...many of them are negative former people who are still bound by the same lusts and desires that bound them in physical life...btw, i most often use the term demon, but they are just negative entities, which means without a physical body, they can influence people to make bad choices and usually seem to be pretty entertained by what theyve done...they also "feed" on bad emotional habits whether sadness, grief, anger, hate, fear...sometimes its as simple as an alcoholic that died and is unwilling to do without, and will attach to a living drunk and just push their desire to drink until its out of control, i cant be sure what it is about that that makes such a spirit do this, if they get to feel the drunkeness or what, but i suspect that thats exactly the case...usually, there is a long lived (time is slower on the inner planes) entity that controls several other lesser entities and makes them do all the dirty work, using fear as a motivation...then there are the ones we ourselves create, through not having self control over our thoughts and emotions, and they emit a vibe of the emotion that gave them birth, and sometimes this alone can attempt to interfere with our own thoughts and emotions...either way it all works the same, use Love as a sword and shield, they wont necessarily react immediately, but if it is kept up, it will work and send them away, also, having self control over thoughts and emotions will lessen the presence of such things...

Last edited by Shabda : 26-11-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 26-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
well, as far as i know they certainly dont come from hell, and hells do exist on the astral plane but not for any eternal sentence...many of them are negative former people who are still bound by the same lusts and desires that bound them in physical life...btw, i most often use the term demon, but they are just negative entities, which means without a physical body, they can influence people to make bad choices and usually seem to be pretty entertained by what theyve done...they also "feed" on bad emotional habits whether sadness, grief, anger, hate, fear...sometimes its as simple as an alcoholic that died and is unwilling to do without, and o will attach to a living drunk and just push their desire to drink until its out of control, i cant be sure what it is about that that makes such a spirit do this, if they get to feel the drunkeness or what, but i suspect that thats exactly the case...usually, there is a long lived (time is slower on the inner planes) entity that controls several other lesser entities and makes them do all the dirty work, using fear as a motivation...then there are the ones we ourselves create, through not having self control over our thoughts and emotions, and they emit a vibe of the emotion that gave them birth, and sometimes this alone can attempt to interfere with our own thoughts and emotions...either way it all works the same, use Love as a sword and shield, they wont necessarily react immediately, but if it is kept up, it will work and send them away, also, having self control over thoughts and emotions will lessen the presence of such thing...

okay i understand

one time i moved back into an apartment i use to live in, one week prior a man overdosed in there. well, after i moved in, two nights later, i sensed him and he said his girlfriends name out loud thinking i was here and he finally found "ME". he was searching for her. he did not know he was dead. i told him i was not her, but by that time he was over to me and trying to enter. i did not allow him to enter me, i told him he is dead and that he needs to wake up and move on in the spirit world. he did.

i hope what we wrote here helps you understand a bit more debbie.b

to me, "demons" are ghosts who feed off of negativity and grow in that negative power. other than that, it is just your psyche.
Old 26-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Firecracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
to me, "demons" are ghosts who feed off of negativity and grow in that negative power. other than that, it is just your psyche.

That's pretty much what I believe. I don't fully believe in "possession" but that if there is a negative spirit around you, feeding off of any negative energy you give out and it is effecting your life then it could give the impression of being possessed by a demon.

So I don't believe in possession as such.... but that your life can be ruled by a negative spirit around you.
Old 26-11-2010, 09:24 AM
glenos

Souls that hang around the earth-plane are real as real can be and some do try to "get into ya", and yes on occasion they can to such a degree that real problems can be set in motion.
I have experience of this area and man there's power there that's for sure. As for 'demons'.. that's a daft word to use.

G.
Old 26-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Master
The interesting fact with demonic possession is that the possessed person is always familiar with knowledge about it. I've read books where Muslims were possessed by Jinn, and they always have familiar names, that the religious person has grown up with (Aisha for example).

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to a possible possession. In the past, epilepsy was believed to be demonic possession. Dissociative identity disorder is another example.

Something to read: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/erlendsson_01_jun_03.pdf