Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I must point out that I feel there is a difference between Christianity and Christ.

Christ is who He is.

Christianity is the religion that people have built around Christ.

I think one can have a relationship with Christ without the religion of Christianity.

It is like going back to square one and saying "look Christ, I believe in YOU!" and leaving the Church out of it.
How exciting!
Of course, Christ is different than Christianity. Of course we can have a relationship without that label Constanstine put on us.
Of course, the Church muddles things up - which "Church" anyway, the one that massacred thousands while they were picking herbs because they didn't believe as they did ? That one? In the Name of Christ and Love?

You, my Christian brother, have an exciting adventure in front of you researching who Christ was and what He meant by His many words - interpreted by people who do not have an agenda ---Eastern yogis, New Thought people ---boy, do you have an enlightening joyous adventure in front of YOU!

I can recommend many books or people to read on - if nothing else - hang onto Jesus' words - they are filled with how to live this life - remember He knew how to walk on water - listen to His instructions - He knew what He was talking about.

Yes, through Him we get to the Father - but who was he? He was the Word made flesh - do you know what that Word is?
Hint: it always was and was before paper and pen or even lips. It is not in a book that can be burned -
-what is that Word that was in the very beginning? - That is the escalator to the Father -who dwells where? - "in Heaven" and where is the Kingdom of Heaven? .....

See what fun this is?
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Such a superb feeling and anyone with this feeling is inching towards God.

"Inching"?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Master
So can I do it myself or do I need Christ?

After all He is higher than me in the spiritual world. He came from Heaven, meanwhile I am coming from earth. Do you get my point? I could do with the help.

Trying to elevate myself to Gods level (either by meditation or some other means) does not sound like fun, and sounds very difficult too. Whereas Christ actually offered to take us Home!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-11-2010, 10:44 AM
pre-dawn

Honza,

you might be interested in this book

The Way of Transcendence: Christian Faith without Belief in God (Pelican) (ISBN: 9780140213096)
Author: Alistair Kee

Seems to be out of print but Amazon.com and abebooks.com have 2nd hand copies on their list.
Old 19-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Master
I don't believe Jesus is a saviour, that's what people made out of him. In Ancient Antiquity, incarnated gods were popular ideas.

I'm not a Christian, for the same reason as I'm not a Jew, Muslim, Hindu, New Ager, lightworker, ascended master, angel incarnate, etc.

They are all just cultural phenomena, and limited (provincial) beliefs. Beliefs are pointless, if people want to ask me why I don't believe this or that, it's up to them to prove they are right. The believer has to provide justification, the burden of proof lies with him or her.
Old 19-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:

After all He is higher than me in the spiritual world. He came from Heaven, meanwhile I am coming from earth. Do you get my point? I could do with the help.

Trying to elevate myself to Gods level (either by meditation or some other means) does not sound like fun, and sounds very difficult too. Whereas Christ actually offered to take us Home!
I do get your point.
Yes, He certainly is a higher person, being, soul, spirit...

Funny, after years of deep long meditation , having a guru/teacher- I am happier and seem to have excelled spiritually, since being more "into" Jesus and following His words.

This is how I see it, if I may and this is very important---whomever you follow or trust as a teacher or guide on this Path ---you must actually do what that guide
tells you to do...or it doesn't work.

If you decide to trust Jesus - these are some things you are going to HAVE to do...

Do not worry
Cast your cares on him
Give Him your burdens
Love your neighbor as yourself
Love God with all your heart, mind and soul (and strength?)
Have no fear
Be anxious for nothing
Believe and receive
Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth

Can you add to this list? :)

If you only did those - and I mean 100% of the time even in the minutia of life
like being late or losing your keys or being in a traffic jam ---you will have
done so much more than most Christians.

I have done all these for 3 years now - and let me tell you - His guidance has done more for me than 35 years of meditation - sometimes 6 hours at a time.
He is not my saviour - He is my teacher and guide and guru. That would be a whole other story about Original Sin, etc.
He "saved mankind" the minute He walked on water or healed someone by showing us there was something "more".

I trust Him and as people here have said -if He was a made up person - well, ok, whoever wrote down those words was very wise.
But, too many people have seen Jesus in NDEs. Even in visions.
I have no doubt He exists.
I say this because so many think he was made up from so many stories. I don't.

That's me personally.
Love ya, brother,
Miss Hepburn

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-11-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 19-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Elijah

Quote:

After all He is higher than me in the spiritual world.
He came from Heaven, meanwhile I am coming from earth.
Are you sure the Bible wasn't created by Walt Disney?
All of these divisions being made, higher/lower/heaven/earth.. it's Peter Pan fairy tales.
Old 19-11-2010, 11:19 AM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I don't believe Jesus is a saviour, that's what people made out of him. In Ancient Antiquity, incarnated gods were popular ideas.

I'm not a Christian, for the same reason as I'm not a Jew, Muslim, Hindu, New Ager, lightworker, ascended master, angel incarnate, etc.

They are all just cultural phenomena, and limited (provincial) beliefs. Beliefs are pointless, if people want to ask me why I don't believe this or that, it's up to them to prove they are right. The believer has to provide justification, the burden of proof lies with him or her.

well said.........
Old 19-11-2010, 11:32 AM
shepherd

Quote:

I agree, well said. I would say I prefer not having a cultural label and I just AM and that changes everyday.
Old 19-11-2010, 11:40 AM
eternaLight

Angel1

Hey Honza... I think you are on it concerning the significance of Christ... Have you read the Urantia book? ---

Last edited by eternaLight : 19-11-2010 at 11:59 AM.