Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Master
Maybe we are responsible for each other.
I like the sounds of that better.

James
Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Lisa

Cool James. I've got an electric bill for you.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa

BwaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa!!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Master
Yes (shepherd), the 0 per cent is great for finding forgiveness, compassion, for releasing perceived burdens. Helps us to 'find the perfection'. The 100 per cent idea isnt just about being responsible for our actions, its about being responsible for the all.

There is another way of looking at this, and thats in terms of the idea of 'ask and it is given'....the idea that we are always being given what we ask for....the idea that on some level we are always choosing what we are experiencing, in which case it is wise to choose purposefully and consciously. Kind of a conscious creating thing.

In the end, I see them all as just different ways of seeing, different strategies helpful at different times depending on whats going on. It all depends.

If I was go with the idea of a 'truth' though, I would tend to say that no-one is ultimately responsible. I would say its all just life infinitely interconnecting and infinitely inter-relating, all unfolding as 'one'.

Last edited by andrew g : 11-11-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
BwaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa!!!!!

Baby, I'm yours.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa

Hehehe thats funny!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Can someone be 100% responsible for their actions in life?

This is an important question. Our unwillingness to take full responsibility for our lives has formed an identity in itself, which is called the ego. And the ego's answer to the question you make is not hard to imagine.

If I direct the question to myself, and if I am honest, I discover that I do have some dimension in myself who knows I am truly responsible. But then there is another force that tries to distract me, and often succeeds to make me blame others, or some fate, or God, for my situation. But I also feel diminished when I do that... I lose power. Where does my power go?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Master
To me, this question is parallel to Does God exist?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Kapitan_Prien

^ I love what Lisa said...

I suppose you can toss in my rent too on that.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Master
100 percent responsibility is a measure of accountability.

iow, there is criteria to which we measure the "weight" of our responsibilities
and then the question of to whom we are accountable.

why is it that we held children less accountable than adults, why is it that we held less accountable those that are mentally challenged. why is it that judges weight the same act differently under different circumstances? in short how do we measure accountability and responsibility?

nature does not held anyone accountable for their actions. if we invoke invoke god to say that he accounts every man their actions, it is only because we project our subjectivity to god. so it is only humans on the personal and collective level that makes accounting of our actions. and of course for a good reason. but it's a game we play so to speak.