Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-11-2010, 09:34 PM
debbie.b

i wonder.......

imagine this.........
there just so happened to be a person who, for some unknown reason knows nothing about religion, god, satan, heaven, hell, right from wrong.
this person does something bad in the eyes of the church......when their time was up would this person be welcomed into heaven or punished for their sin? would the person have actually sinned, considering they wouldn't have known they had done wrong?
how would a church see this situation?
Old 28-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Lostgirl

From what i was always told God is all loving and all forgiving...so technically he should forgive all sins etc etc....But that doesnt condone certain acts obviously. I think the Church completely contradicts itself.

For example, the Pope this week said that condoms are acceptable in certain situations such as two men having sex....so surely you are accepting homosexuality?! They then released a statement stating this was not what the Pope meant....

I also think it would depend on the act. Like i said its full of contradictions...
Old 28-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Master
if this person in question had no idea of God, satan, heaven or hell, then they obviously didnt go to church either or they would have found out about each of these concepts, so how could they do something wrong in the eyes of the church? God has nothing to do with the church either, he doesnt wait upon their permission to allow someone to heaven...the truth of the matter would rely upon the persons motivation for what they did...but i dont know that detail so i cant offer an opinion on what would happen...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 28-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
From what i was always told God is all loving and all forgiving...so technically he should forgive all sins etc etc....But that doesnt condone certain acts obviously. I think the Church completely contradicts itself.

For example, the Pope this week said that condoms are acceptable in certain situations such as two men having sex....so surely you are accepting homosexuality?! They then released a statement stating this was not what the Pope meant....

I also think it would depend on the act. Like i said its full of contradictions...

I think, Lostgirl peeps should clarify when whether referring to the Catholics or catholics and what church when referring to one for future reference.

Quote:
From what i was always told God is all loving and all forgiving...so technically he should forgive all sins etc etc....

Isn't that just your interpretation Lostgirl?
Old 28-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Master
Good answer, as a matter of fact in America claming you didn't know you were breaking a law is not an excuse and you are still prosecuted. That being said, I don't believe in a hell. Yes hell exists but I feel that if you die and you truly think that you're going to hell then yes you will manifest a reality that says you're in hell. If you die and you know you're okay and there's no hell but only heaven then when you die you will only experience the reality of heaven.
That's how I see it.
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Lostgirl

I suppose it is my interpretation, its also what people of these faiths have told me...just repeating what i have been told is all :)

I meant the church in general, and when and the Pope kinda speaks for itself...
Old 28-11-2010, 09:56 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
if this person in question had no idea of God, satan, heaven or hell, then they obviously didnt go to church either or they would have found out about each of these concepts, so how could they do something wrong in the eyes of the church? God has nothing to do with the church either, he doesnt wait upon their permission to allow someone to heaven...the truth of the matter would rely upon the persons motivation for what they did...but i dont know that detail so i cant offer an opinion on what would happen...

it is just a scenario shabda. i only asked what the churches opinion would have been, like i said.....the person wouldn't know what a church even was!

in my interpretation of god lostgirl he isn't all forgiving. you would have to answer to your sins.

as for the catholic faith........i would say what i thought but in this instant i will remain quiet as i would truly offend
Old 28-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
imagine this.........
there just so happened to be a person who, for some unknown reason knows nothing about religion, god, satan, heaven, hell, right from wrong.
this person does something bad in the eyes of the church......when their time was up would this person be welcomed into heaven or punished for their sin? would the person have actually sinned, considering they wouldn't have known they had done wrong?
how would a church see this situation?

What about the “man on the island” who has never heard the gospel? It would not be fair for God to send such a person to hell for not believing in Jesus. This argument from emotion is often heard and particularly dangerous. If it is true that God is obligated to save everyone who had not heard the gospel, then Christians might be better advised to recall all missionaries and stop proclaiming the gospel. Of course, the Bible does not countenance such a God dishonoring approach. The “man on the island” like all people, is in desperate need of the good news about the forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ.
Old 29-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b

in my interpretation of god lostgirl he isn't all forgiving. you would have to answer to your sins.

as for the catholic faith........i would say what i thought but in this instant i will remain quiet as i would truly offend

Me too, i try not to view my opinions of these religions too much.... I wouldve thought people would pay for their sins as well i was just saying thats the impression i have always been given by people of these faiths.

Saying that though i think everyone would be paying for something at the end in that case...