Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
the "I" has great powers to assert itself.
it's a dynamic thing but it is not the main honcho it thinks it is.

it's only by grace that a shift away from I can happen.
although Niz was hopeful that by persistence it will dissolve one day.
but you really really need to want it to happen. otherwise it is impossible.

Yes, I agree. Youve got to really want to be at peace in order to be at peace. It has to be the number one priority. And we need a damn good reason to put peace as the number one priority. We need a damn good reason to commit to the level that is required in order to be at peace. Niz was quite unusual in his ability and willingness to commit I guess.

Reminds me of a Jesus quote ...“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’'

Just to add, that one of the reasons I like the Abraham/Hicks approach to transcending the 'I' is because at least we get to feel good and have fun in the process. And if we master the feeling good, the transcending is complete.

Last edited by andrew g : 28-11-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 28-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
HA! I'm not really a taoist, I just have a thing for that kind of poetic stuff.

But the videos are OK and I find some of it agreeable enough, but you know the best lies are interwoven with the truth, so always discerning, me.

ah yes. it suddenly occurred to me that the teaching is incompatible with the "me".
and basically it boils down to "me" vs. this teaching.

and an unavoidable offshoot question is ... is this teaching a lie or I am a lie? understandably self preservation will prevail and the "me" will kick in hard to assert itself.

so for the "me", the teaching is a lie until it is not.

Old 28-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
ah yes. it suddenly occurred to me that the teaching is incompatible with the "me".
and basically it boils down to "me" vs. this teaching.

and an unavoidable offshoot question is ... is this teaching a lie or I am a lie? understandably self preservation will prevail and the "me" will kick in hard to assert itself.

so for the "me", the teaching is a lie until it is not.

I'm just discerning is all, and I notice alot of lies, the most eloquent of which are bundled in truth, that way you just pin the liar down, and the most practiced manipulators have this honed to a fine art.
Old 28-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Just to add, that one of the reasons I like the Abraham/Hicks approach to transcending the 'I' is because at least we get to feel good and have fun in the process. And if we master the feeling good, the transcending is complete.

what's he's approach. ? i never knew he's teaching "I" transcendence,
if i knew the "secret" its all about attracting everything to "I".

Old 28-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm just discerning is all, and I notice alot of lies, the most eloquent of which are bundled in truth, that way you just pin the liar down, and the most practiced manipulators have this honed to a fine art.

well you have established yourself here as a guru/teacher/preacher hater.
so i guess you have to see what you wanted to see in them.

Old 28-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
what's he's approach. ? i never knew he's teaching "I" transcendence,
if i knew the "secret" its all about attracting everything to "I".

I think Abaham/Hicks bridges the gap between 'the secret' and 'non-duality'. Its premise is that if we truly allow our most joyful desires and practice being grateful in each and every moment for all that we given, then we transcend 'the person'. And I resonate with this, because in those moments when we are truly happy and joyful, or really laughing and celebrating, there is no ego.

So although Abraham/Hicks does encourage us to get honest about those tangible things that we desire, whether or not they come to us is secondary.

Abraham/Hicks:

''Find thoughts that feel good, because it is inevitable that you are going to always be moving toward something. So why not be moving toward something that is pleasing? You can't cease to vibrate, and Law of Attraction will not stop responding to the vibration that you are offering. So, expansion is inevitable. You provide it, whether you know you do, or not. The only question is, what is the standard of joy that you are demanding for yourself? From your Nonphysical perspective, it's a high, high standard.''

"Unconditional love is being connected to Source in spite on the conditions."

''The standard of success in life isn’t the things. It isn’t the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.''

''If you were listening to the hypnotic voice of your Source you'd be constantly hearing the drum beating that says, "You are loved, and you are worthy, and you are valued and life is suppose to be good for you. You are worthy, you are valued, you are loved and life is supposed to be good for you." We want nothing more, than for you to begin listening for and train yourself into the vibrational hypnotic trance of Source Energy who knows your value.''
Old 28-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Elijah

There's an online PDF I read a while back which is quite interesting.
It talks about the work of David Bohm and Alain Aspect, also that of the neurophysiologist Karl Pribram and brain scientist Karl Lashley.
Here's the link: http://www.advaita.de/Physics_of_Advaita.pdf
Old 28-11-2010, 05:23 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
There's an online PDF I read a while back which is quite interesting.
It talks about the work of David Bohm and Alain Aspect, also that of the neurophysiologist Karl Pribram and brain scientist Karl Lashley.
Here's the link: http://www.advaita.de/Physics_of_Advaita.pdf
Thanks for the link, it's another case of taking what we think we know, and overlaying it on the nature of existence.. much of what the article supposes is a fairly accurate 'description' of the existence we experience.. who or what do you think constructed this 'holographic mechanism' referred to as existence?

Be well..

Last edited by TzuJanLi : 28-11-2010 at 10:04 PM.