Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 20-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Prokopton

Sketches from a while back

A little while ago I had enough time to make some art -- I decided to do studies to improve my technique, but that was as far as I got before life intervened... I hope to do more soon, and do something with all this technique rather than more studies, but here they are anyway. Maybe knowing they are here will spur me to find the time...

Old 20-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Prokopton

... that's about it really, unless I find more later...
Old 20-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Master
Wow! You are good!
I'll bet you like to learn about things that you draw. Like study why a rock looks like it does as part of the project of drawing it...........
Old 20-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Prokopton

With rocks no, but as you can see, with bodies yes!

It dovetails with meditation as well. You recall that conversation we had about chi penetrating your anatomy, and you can learn to feel/"see" all these structures internally.

Have you seen this? Makes that process a lot easier....

EDIT: How come no WhiteShaman thread in this forum?
Old 20-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Suspended
Blimey - these are really good.

What is your medium for the rocks/pebbles? I adore the second one - very grey but the light hitting the top of the rock is incredible. Bravo!

Squatch
Old 20-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
With rocks no, but as you can see, with bodies yes!

It dovetails with meditation as well. You recall that conversation we had about chi penetrating your anatomy, and you can learn to feel/"see" all these structures internally.

Have you seen this? Makes that process a lot easier....

EDIT: How come no WhiteShaman thread in this forum?

You are like DaVinci.........he is my hero. i like to learn about things that I draw......especially rocks!

I don't have an art thread.......I don't know why. Can I share a quick one here?
Hope you don't mind, I'll only post one.
I gotta run soon........this is a portrait I did of my deceased brother.

Last edited by BlueSky : 23-05-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 20-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Prokopton

@Squatchit -- thankyou... I almost wish you hadn't said that, because it means I should try to work on it more... medium always = pure watercolours.

@WhiteShaman that's really great! It's time for you to make your own thread. Come on, seriously.

As for Da Vinci, ok... I didn't actually get those muscles from a corpse I dug up you know that? :)

Da Vinci was the real thing.
Old 20-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
@Squatchit -- thankyou... I almost wish you hadn't said that, because it means I should try to work on it more... medium always = pure watercolours.

@WhiteShaman that's really great! It's time for you to make your own thread. Come on, seriously.

Thank you.........maybe on Monday I will start one.
Have a great weekend..............I'll be painting faces this Sunday on little human canvases..lol (face painting)
Lots of fun!
James
Old 20-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Suspended
WS

If you don't start your own art thread in the next few days, I'll come round and beat you over the head with my walking stick!!

Would love to see your work.

Have a great day/evening.

Squiggle
Old 20-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Master
They're all really nicely done. I've always been drawn to pencil/charcoal drawings and esp portraits which I used to be excellent at in my late teens early 20's. So many great artists here at SF~*