Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 16-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Nettles

Color Another Take on Chakras

I was in a chat room recently and we were discussing chakras, a subject I have tried to get into for decades but just never felt connected to. I was taught how to meditate starting at the age of 5 and 6 yet I have never in my life meditated and really felt connected to the chakra system, at least not in the ways others had described it.

As an adult continuing on a path of spiritual growth I ended up surrounded by other spiritually minded people who thought I was some kind of defective because I never felt in touch with my chakras. While they were all doing chakra meditations and feeling chakra energy I was falling into a pretty regular pattern for me, I was thinking, “What the heck is wrong with me? What am I doing wrong?” All the while believing that being in touch with ones chakras was tantamount with being a spiritually aware person. I knew I was in touch with my journey, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I had been blessed in my life to be on the path I am on and I knew I was doing the best I could with the tools that I had, so why was my toolkit devoid of chakra connection? Why was it that, despite my desire to connect with my chakras, I always felt like my meditations and my connection to them was something merely self-manifested because I felt like I needed it but was ultimately never a true connection to them?

Well, in that chat room a person mentioned the idea of it being perfectly fine to not be in touch with chakras, in fact, to totally and intentionally shut them down, turn them off and let them go. He introduced to me the concept of a “Unified Energy System” and of chakra removal. Of course, being me, I had to read more so I found a few articles. Now trends come and go and I will not be surprised if chakra removal and Unified Energy systems come to be all the rage and people start selling “Chakra Removal” kits and “Universal Energy Packs.” Still, I take what resonates and shape it to where it fits into my own practice, no kit necessary, not credit card needed, this is all DIY, and that has worked for too long for me to doubt it now. The bottom line is that, from what I read (at least some of it-some was a little over the top for me) I like that unified energy system.

About three days before this little epiphany, I was meditating and as per usual, felt energy in what I have always just called my core. The area of the body that would most obviously be associated with a name like “core.” The term is used in yoga, Pilates and even weight lifting. At any rate, the center, for me it was situated higher, less associated with the loins, more with the heart.

I have instinctively meditated with a core focus for decades without much thought to chakras since every time I made a concerted effort to “align” my chakras or do whatever meditation to aid them met with failure. It almost seemed like it was meant to be when I had a sort of core epiphany (one of many) the other day and then I’m in this chat room and it comes up again. One link that was posted in the chat was a link to a piece a woman wrote who put a new perspective on it for me. One thing she said was,

"The Chakra system is an imposed system that is NOT our natural state. It is a system to compartmentalize our energy for easy access to outsiders and energy vampires. This system has been in place for several Millennia and no one seems to question it, they have just (as I previously did) accepted it…(especially in the New Age Community.)"

Which I thought about for awhile, and it makes some sense. I don’t know about several millennia or any of that, but as to it being imposed? Sure, that actually made a lot of sense to me, especially after having been made a pariah in some spiritual circles for not being connected to chakra work. Of course parts of the article made it sound far more nefarious than it really is and parts were a bit over the top, as I mentioned, like this bit,

"The chakras or “Cones” were placed there so that specific energies could be accessed. This easy access is ideal to control and manipulate our energy fields and minds. They were put there by ET’s that view us as their personal energy source and property."
wow

Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that I have been doing this just right, for me, the whole time. That my tool kit isn’t devoid of a vital tool, it just has a different tool than what is typically used. I have seen methods to attain a better connection with “The Thing” we are all connected to come and go. I have seen meditation trends, spiritual trends and even dietary trends come, go and come back again and one thing that is fairly common is that when a person comes across a new one, they abandon the old one out of hand. I’m not prepared to do that. While the chakra system as is may not be resonant with me, there are many who have benefited from it and have lived a more balanced life as a result of keeping their chakras finely tuned. I respect that. For me, it will just never be and I am happy to say, that doesn’t bother me any more.

In truth, I let the whole thing go some time ago apart form occasional efforts to connect with my chakra system. Still, I feel like now is the right time to let go of it completely and I am glad to do so. For me, it is my core, and the tingly feeling I often get in my head when in a deep meditation, that I will stick with.

While this is, for the most part, a personal epiphany, I share it here for others who may not find resonance with chakras or the chakra system. I’m here to tell you, ya don’t need it nor are you defective for not needing it. It isn’t a contest, not needing a chakra system doesn’t make one any better or worse than one who does and the same could be said the other way around. The point is connection and we all reach that connection in different ways, none more legitimate than another, each very personal.
Old 17-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Knower

The chakra system isn't some mystical abstract energy template imposed over our bodies. The chakras simply govern the activity in our endocrine glands and react according to our attitudes providing the mind/body connection. When you simply feel an emotion that is a chakra. The point of the chakras isn't to activate them for some spiritual rush and people using them as such are bleeding there own life force. Spiritual masturbation is all that is. So you can't spiritually masturbate, the fact you can't do this is a good thing, possibly indicating a more stable energy system. If you don't have a thyroid problem (throat chakra), or attention deficit disorder (third eye) or diabetes (third chakra) it means your chakra system, and chakras are working well.

I think people are noticing something is wrong. It's not that the chakras are wrong, the problem is we have yet to understand what the chakras are for and how to use them.

There actually is no "Removing" the system, it makes as much sense as wanting to remove your nervous system. You can somewhat remove your interaction with it in the sense of no longer directly modifying it via visualization techniques etc. And yes there are co-existing systems independent of the chakra system that work in concert, all to protect and nourish the body.
For example the acupuncture meridians, what you call the "core" others call it the core star (search "core star" by Barbara Brennan), what the Chinese call the dantien, the hara etc. One can work with the many systems, without feeling obligated to deactivate or remove the other systems - since they all work together, to create the special unique divine individual that is you.
Old 17-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Guide
If you feel your core energy, you are feeling your chakras (mainly sacral, solar plexus, and heart). It's most definitely possible to feel them all together as opposed to feeling them individually.

Sometimes we look so hard for the answer, that we complete miss it right in front of us.

There are certain emotions that relate to the individual chakras. If you are still interested in feeling them individually, you can focus on an emotion and the chakra at the same time. For example, to feel the heart, focus on the chest core and loving emotion. Or to feel the solar plexus, focus on courage/strength and the solar plexus area. For the root, focus on your base of spine and legs while focusing on what is below you (imagining a free falling feeling works for me).
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 17-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Experiencer
I have removed my chakras.
Old 17-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles

"The Chakra system is an imposed system that is NOT our natural state. It is a system to compartmentalize our energy for easy access to outsiders and energy vampires. This system has been in place for several Millennia and no one seems to question it, they have just (as I previously did) accepted it…(especially in the New Age Community.)"

"The chakras or “Cones” were placed there so that specific energies could be accessed. This easy access is ideal to control and manipulate our energy fields and minds. They were put there by ET’s that view us as their personal energy source and property."
wow

These two are pretty fear based beliefs. Not sure they resonate with me as they give our power to some unknown being and suggests we are being manipulated and somehow made a puppet, victims of sort, which I do not feel is the Higher Truth. But I get you on the rest of what you said and particularly enjoy and resonate with the Unified Field part.
I actually got into studying electricity and currents to better understand integrated energy fields, harmonization, frequency, amperage and so on as a person and as a Healer.

Chakras are a mental methodology to explain a larger concept which is a bit out of reach for the human mind. We do seem to have specific areas in our body and field which regulate certain states of Being, we are complex beings. While viewing these energy systems and interconnected ness as Chakras can be useful for understanding a larger concept its not the end-all be-all as you said and there's many other mental constructs that can be useful instead.

Finding what works for you and is reliable and repeatable is ultimately what works best :) Kudos for you for finding your own way :)
Old 17-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Ascender
Good read Nettles. I like your approach. I'm glad you found a way that works best for you. I especially liked this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles
The point is connection and we all reach that connection in different ways, none more legitimate than another, each very personal.

Just wanted to say good for you. :) I work with my chakras on occassion but that certainly does not make me better than anyone else on the face of this planet. You have very clear insight I feel.
Old 17-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Experiencer
For me the idea about outside forces manipulating us by the chakras is an idea as strange as the idea of the chakra system itself. My removal of the chakra included the visualizations of dissolving them, but actually the removal was a symbolic act of getting rid of one way, the chakra way, of understanding my own nature. It was a declaration that I am not bound to understand myself by the seven chakras, which was liberating as I have always felt the system was more imaginary then real.
Old 17-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
For me the idea about outside forces manipulating us by the chakras is an idea as strange as the idea of the chakra system itself. My removal of the chakra included the visualizations of dissolving them, but actually the removal was a symbolic act of getting rid of one way, the chakra way, of understanding my own nature. It was a declaration that I am not bound to understand myself by the seven chakras, which was liberating as I have always felt the system was more imaginary then real.

Not agreeing with a particular approach towards understanding something beyond our grasp is one thing, however why the need for something dramatic as removing a known system. Why is the chakra system being picked on haha, and if the fear of an imposed energy system seems valid why stop at the chakra system? Why not remove the meridians and accupuncture points, the dantien etc.

I believe the Higher self will accommodate with something, some feeling to humour the ego/human mind of the individual requesting chakra removal. But I do believe it is the same as requesting the Higher Self to remove your skeletal system, the Higher Self just can't say "Hey man, thats just not how it works"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
It was a declaration that I am not bound to understand myself by the seven chakras, which was liberating as I have always felt the system was more imaginary then real.

You have to be bound somewhat as a finite being currently occupying a physical body. But the seven chakras are but one system. Many systems support the body and the developing self/identity. If we didn't have a spiritual mechanism to mediate a possible subjective experience, we wouldn't be able to experience it. This is what these systems are for. The chakras provide the possibility of the germination of a thinking/feeling self. What barbara brennan calls the "Core star" and chakra removal people call the core is a spark of the infinite that goes beyond our current carnation. It gives us the sense of divinity beyond the "Self" and the body. There is also something called the "hara" That the dantien, "soul seat" and "ID point" are a part of. It supposedly expresses our "intention" and bends and distorts when our intentions are off.
Old 18-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Experiencer
It is just that I do not believe in the chakra system.

And I do not believe in the higher self.

I do not believe in the core that the chakra removal people talk about.

I removed the chakra system because it was an understanding I earlier adopted without even thinking about it. The chakras are like the basis of spirituality, and people take it to be so real that they do not even think it is possible to be without it. It is even said most other cultures have the chakra system but with other names. I do not believe it is an integrated part of the human being, but rather a cultural way of describing and understanding.
Old 18-09-2015, 07:40 AM
hoplight

Chakras are the gears and the breaks.

Don't think about them, just ride.

Focus on the road of giving out, and so shall you receive.

Don't worry for the bends in the road, the gears, and so on.

As each time you do, you are not one with the bike.

There is one way to ride, and that is to give way.

if you give way, all will be open to you.

There are many things, the world complicates, and the teachers enjoy such things, so they can have students never comprehending.

Avoid these ways, and find the light. The planets will take care of themselves.

Walk ahead, and the feet shall follow.

For the world has had these systems and ways, and has not got far with them yet, so put them aside now. :)