Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 28-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Danaban

Question Butterfly...

Before I ask the question that I am about to ask I have to type out a chain of events I have recently experienced. As background information to apply context to this post.
The typing of this is intended as much for the benefit of everybody else as it is for myself.
As a believer in the power of the universe I hold strong belief that coincidence does not exist, that recurring themes and the like are only synchronicities, as I am sure you will all agree looking through this forum. If I see an animal that is either, uncommon, behaving strangely around me or simply if it's presence resonates with me deeply at the time of it's appearance I will research it's spiritual meaning. However, I feel truly stumped by what has just occurred and was looking for some guidance or an explanation, as it is in my nature to seek knowledge and understanding.

All of my housemates were away yesterday and I was left alone inside the house. Whilst brushing my teeth I heard a banging noise from the opposing room, it was not too loud but it was noticeable enough to pique my interest. I proceeded with caution as I was wearing only my underwear.
Batting against the window was honestly one of the largest wild butterflies I have ever laid eyes on, in the United Kingdom anyway. About the size of my palm, and I'm 6"3. It's bright red colour and peacock like eyes on its wings were quite the sight to behold. The sight of this was enough to surprise me. After further inspection I released it through the window and researched it's spiritual meaning.

Now would be a good time to note that I have never taken any interest butterfly animal, I have always found them a little bit boring and sometimes found their presence unsettling, as I dislike moths so much. I could go far enough as to say sometimes they inspire a negative response from me.

What has prompted me to post on the forums however, was the events of half an hour ago. It is currently 2am where I live.
I had just climbed into my bed, when I heard a familiar sound. That of flapping wings. My heart sank. "Not a bloody moth" I thought. It was coming from down the side of my bed, which was confusing in itself as I sleep on a mattress on the floor, as I dragged my mattress out what I discovered blew my mind apart.
A butterfly, same pattern, same size as the one I released yesterday.

My thought pattern at this time was:

How did it end up under my mattress?
It CAN'T be the same one again can it?!?
Is this some sort of test?
Why has it come back??
What the **** is the universe playing at here?!?!

After the panic was over I collected in in a glass and walked downstairs to let it outside. I dropped the glass accidentally as I turned the light on downstairs and thought I had killed the already unhealthy looking butterfly. I almost felt its pain, it honestly seemed near death when I collected it.
I did not know what to do so I just let it outside, concluding it was the best option for it, as it seemed to yearn for the outdoors. As insects trapped inside do.

As I went for a wee on the way back to bed the bathroom light started flickering and went out, I intuitively felt it symbolised that the Butterfly I had tried to save had passed away...then a shiver followed up my spine. I truly felt remorse for its death.

The reason I have posted this is to seek further information on this creature and its spiritual significance.
Why come back to me?
Why did it's death have such a significant feeling to it?

I have to many questions but all I ask is for a little evaluation on this. If nothing else, I hope you enjoyed reading my tale, as I have calmed down a lot writing it.

Namaste.
Old 28-07-2014, 09:01 PM
shinofra

I don't know but so very interesting.
Old 29-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Master
The butterfly represents transformation. It's a beautiful sign. It represents endings and new beginnings. Change. Maybe there is some part of you that is dying. Maybe you're growing and evolving, shedding your old skin to become somebody new.

Old 17-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Danaban

Thank you!