Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 11-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Ascender

Is it possible for someone living to be one of your guides?

A couple months back I was going through something traumatic and I prayed for my guardian angel to come and take me away from here. I literally did think that was going to happen, that I'd see an angel and he/she would take me and fly somewhere with me. But instead what happened, not even a minute later, m y mom came rushing in and she calmed me down. We eventually went out of the house. Mind you, this happened in my house and she lives there so it's not like she randomly showed up out of nowhere lol. I often wonder if she is my guardian angel because she's always been there for me like any guide would, giving me advice and helping me grow. So is it possible for someone alive and all flesh to be someone's angel or guide?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
A couple months back I was going through something traumatic and I prayed for my guardian angel to come and take me away from here. I literally did think that was going to happen, that I'd see an angel and he/she would take me and fly somewhere with me. But instead what happened, not even a minute later, m y mom came rushing in and she calmed me down. We eventually went out of the house. Mind you, this happened in my house and she lives there so it's not like she randomly showed up out of nowhere lol. I often wonder if she is my guardian angel because she's always been there for me like any guide would, giving me advice and helping me grow. So is it possible for someone alive and all flesh to be someone's angel or guide?

We (in physical) are each other's angels of course. We also have people who watch over us in spirit, I believe. We all have help, we're not alone, but you already knew that.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Medium_Laura

I believe that your guides and angels heard your cry and sent a living person to aid you. You know when you get the pull to just help someone out of the blue? That is a suggestion from our guides and in turn, we act like guides/angels for living people. So no, I do not believe guides are in human form, they have no need to be - they can do so much more for us on The Other Side. :) You chose your mother when you were in spirit because of her qualities, her love and her calming energy. :)
Old 11-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Experiencer
Yes.

Though it is true that our guides often help us through other living people, some spirits who no longer need to come to Earth to learn for themselves continue to incarnate here solely for the purpose of helping others. Though not exactly guides in the sense of spirit guides because they are people like any other and not necessarily spiritually aware, you can usually tell these people when you meet them - some are spiritual teachers, but others are just ordinary people who are very wise, loving and giving, always know the right things to say, and seem to be able to effortlessly deal with life's difficulties. They are usually (though not always) in helping or teaching professions of some kind and tend to be role model figures who take others under their wing.

I have met quite a few people like this who I am certain are very experienced spirit guides when they are not in a human body. And often these people come into our lives at certain times to teach us, just as our spirit guides do.

You may or may not call such people guides, but perhaps there is no line to be drawn. It's very sweet that you feel your mother is a guiding figure for you.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Ascender

Hehe thanks I'm very lucky to have her as a mother. I don't think she's a spirit guide though, as she doesn't have some of the qualities you listed.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 AM
nightowl

Well in this case, she probably just showed up to help because she was lead by the spirit to assist you. I do believe angels can and do appear in human form depending on what their mission may be at the time. To me spirit guides are just that guides in spirit form.

nightowl