Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Glorymist

What I am trying to suggest is this - - that there is no NEED for one to totally lose the ego ! ! The fact that this desire is foisted upon us is a ploy to get us hooked on a quest that will take more time and effort and sidestep us into unnecessary experiences than one needs to.

Dreamer suggested what will obviously be the "next step" in all of this. If and when one balances all of this out - - just balances it out - - enough to find the right techniques and experiences to get beyond the mental worlds - - then the ego will be no more anyway because one will be beyond the mental worlds.

But - - as and when one has to contend with life here as a continuation - - one will have their attention here in these worlds. It is then - - even after traveling above and beyond the mental worlds - - that one has to remember to keep the ego in balance and live "above" it so to speak - - while acknowledging that there is a bit of ego still in effect - - still "around" - - still in existence.

One doesn't HAVE to totally squash the ego. That's a ploy set up as a detour - - and a big one at that. One only needs to balance it to the point where they can keep it under wraps - - understand it for what it is - - and then move beyond it into the worlds beyond mind and ego - - where there is no ego to contend with.

"We" - - as a group - - do not need to understand or consider or achieve anything ! ! You - - as an individual - - does. The Path is an individual one. The major reason why everyone wishes the entire group to "do it first" is so we do not have to put in individual effort. We can just "ride along" on the bandwagon ! !
Old 07-08-2006, 11:09 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
"We" - - as a group - - do not need to understand or consider or achieve anything ! ! You - - as an individual - - does. The Path is an individual one. The major reason why everyone wishes the entire group to "do it first" is so we do not have to put in individual effort. We can just "ride along" on the bandwagon ! !

Jumping on the bandwagon! That's boring. Always better to be original...

Actually though you have presented some excellent views, very creditable ones too. But, would not then the pursuit of balance of the various aspects of the mind. . .would that not be a ploy? ? ? ? ?

I think what we have to KNOW is what path are we as a race, truly on? Who really is playing the music that we as a civilisation dance to?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Glorymist

Balance is a way of life. Balance of the mind is just one aspect of it all. You balance the mind so you can get it working WITH you rather than against you. As the old saying goes - - mind is a great servant but a terrible master. Hence - - that is why so many set out to destroy the mind - - because they resent the mental insistence of it all.

The "race" - - is not on any particular path - - tho yes - - there is an element of national karma / racial karma / group karma / etc.

The individual - - is on their own race. You race your own race - - to the music of Life IT-self.

ALL of life dances to the tune of Divine Spirit - - one way or another.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:11 AM
kundalini

Well, I cannot argue with such finely-balanced statements. I agree with a lot of what you say. Would you not agree though that the mind is just a mechanism for interpretation of events whilst it is the SPIRIT within that is the driving force that spurs us on down the path?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Glorymist

Without a doubt ! ! That's why so many references of mind being a "tool."

And Soul being the driver.

Soul being an aspect of Divine Spirit IT-self.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Without a doubt ! ! That's why so many references of mind being a "tool."

And Soul being the driver.

Soul being an aspect of Divine Spirit IT-self.

At last! I feel I have reached a conclusion with regards to this topic!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Glorymist

I am glad for you. But - - at the same time - - kinda sad. It was a good thread qhile it lasted.

And we only really scratched the surface.

Be well. :->
Old 09-08-2006, 12:32 AM
kundalini

Lol, I know what you mean. There will no doubt though be other interesting and engrossing threads like this one soon enough.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Ascended Master

Hi Disha

I came across Pachamama recently on an internet search?

Fair play to you. Wholly envious!

Love and light,

AM
Old 09-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Ascended Master

OOPS, wrong thread???

How did that happen??? lol

AM
Closed Thread