Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Administrator

If anyone contributing to this post lives in the uk.there is a programme on tv at the moment called Bedlam,its on a thursday around 9 pm, this is based in a mental hospital and its based on mental health ppl who commit suicide have reached a level in their lives that they feel they cant go on,this is a contributing factor in suicide.
but it leaves those left behind asking why,/ there is no answer to this but if you get a sence of spirit around you that has commited suicide they are coming to tell you they can see clearly now.and they are fine.

Namaste
Old 08-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Distortedsoundz

I don't think that it's entirely fair to say "Yes" or "No".

With some people, including suicides, it could be predestined, especially if it's going to impact people and give a good life lesson. Others not. Perhaps some souls leave it up in the air, and others don't. In reality, we don't know the answer until we get to The Other Side.

On when the right time to go to a medium to get in touch with someone after any death... Well, from personal experience, I can say it varies. I've given readings to people sometimes shortly and a long time after a persons death and the person that passed was very joyful and happy. Last summer I gave a reading to a friend whose boyfriend killed himself 3 months prior and he was still just as turbulent and disturbed as he was in life but a bit down the road during a 2nd reading he was full of light,loving,apologetic and peaceful.

I also did a reading for someone whose Father (Who she had unresolved issues with.) and Grandfather (Who was a very violent person in life and had molested her.) both had passed ages ago, the Father was in the light and his messages came through very powerful, but the Grandfather was still so dark and disturbed that my guides flat out wouldn't even allow him to come through, the only thing I could tell her was that he was being blocked. (I only allow those who are in the light to come in to my readings.) So, perhaps he never answered to or took responsibility for the things he had done in life during his review when he passed. What happened, why he was blocked, where his soul was or where he went, I have no answer.

On the plus, if you're smelling your friends cologne or feel their presence in a good way, it's safe to say that everything is alright and they want you to know that they're with you and at peace.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Suspended
Guide

I do not know if my friend would still feel just as disturbed if I had a reading now.

I thought I read that you have a choice whether or not you want to live another life on earth. So, if you think "I do not know want to live on earth again", I thought you could just stay in heaven forever.

Now that I think of it, this friend would not be there for me if I was suffering with depression. He would likely tell me that I was too depressing to be around. Everyone goes through their ups and downs in life. Because things were not going well in my life at the time, he told me that my life depressed him. He also could not watch the news because it depressed him. He blames his father and former elementary school classmates for his depression as well. He said President Obama was his cause of his depression because he wanted a Republican to win. I wonder if having to get health insurance through Obamacare (although it is not really insurance by Obama) was the last straw for him. If so, it is the stupidest reason to kill yourself over.

I do not know who ended contact. The next Christmas I told him I did not feel like sending any Christmas cards (because I did not want to receive another negative message of his inside a Christmas card). He said he sent all of his friends the same message in a Christmas card, but I do not know. Then, one day he said something very insensitive to me without thinking it was insensitive (was unapologetic) so I told him I could not put up with those remarks anymore. He said he just liked to do things with people, but not talk about life since he found life depressing. Since there is a lack of communication in my family or we do not talk much, I highly desire communication with friends.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Experiencer

I've heard that prior to Reincarnation to Earth plane, some Souls agree a length of time they will have. Maybe that is the case with people who sense and have sensed their own passing, where nothing could have prevented it because they already agreed it, before they took up their new journ.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Ascender

Yes apparently we have predestined "exit points"/deaths, but we have several, not just one, as evidenced by people who have NDEs and clearly get to choose if they want to exit or save the exit for a later date in time.

Also suicide is not considered to be a real predestined exit point.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Suspended
Guide

When I was considering moving years ago, a medium told me that I was not supposed to move since I had a contract to fulfill with someone else living in my state. Since I was not in any serious (romantic) relationships here, I always thought it was him who I had a contract with (if there was such a contract). I do not know if I had a contract with him to help him stay alive or not leave before his time. Even if we kept in touch, I have not been able to visit friends this past year. So, he might have felt alone and killed himself anyway.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Master
Twinkle I'm so sorry for your loss and for your pain. I think you acted with honesty and integrity and you cannot bear the burden of another's choice...even though you may recognise the connection and feel his presence.

I do agree with Native Spirit and DisturbedSoundz that he has probably come to let you know he is well now. Did you ever see the movie "The Gift"?
One of the final scenes was very moving and it reminds me of your friend -- tortured in life but at peace after having crossed over.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Suspended
Guide

I did not see "The Gift." Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to see it soon.

I wonder if his mother knows his history of contemplating suicide or just thinks something bad must have recently happened. He once told me all the different ways he thought of killing himself when he was a teenager and gave me tips on the best ways to do it. Although he has mentioned this, I never thought he would go through with it. In fact, I thought he met some new friends and was having a good old time since he has not contacted me. I was tired of always being the friend to reconcile so this time I put the ball in his court. It makes me wonder if I should have come to him, but I thought maybe I needed to break the pattern of being the one who gives in. I also did not know if he would ignore me. I almost contacted him before he died because I received a few silent phone calls from his area and wondered if he was trying to contact me.

I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Master
Twinkle, you made repeated attempts but you could not force the issue. If he chose not to respond, it is a normal response to at some point just let it go.

However, the only other thing to consider is that normally when someone confesses to having thoughts of suicide and has a plan, then you can report it to the mental health authorities and ask them to intervene. They may put him in restraints and medicate and isolate him -- it is an extreme situation and the effects can be traumatic and unpredictable.

Long-term therapy and standard psychiatric courses of treatments (drugs) have mixed success rates -- although group therapy seems to increase the success rate substantially. Moreover, all these things require participation and commitment over the long term.

It is possible that medical intervention could have saved him, but there is no way to know for certain and you cannot change the past. "Standard" mental health treatments are really very much still in their infancy.

The one thing you may take from this going forward is to report any instance of suicide intentions and plans. But I very much hope that you will never be in this situation again. Treat yourself gently right now, if you can. Try to be compassionate, forgiving, and nonjudgmental with yourself.

Sending love and light
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Master
Twinkle, you made repeated attempts but you could not force the issue.
If he chose not to respond, it is a normal response to at some point just let it go.

However, the only other thing to consider is that normally when someone confesses to having thoughts of suicide and has a concrete plan, then you can report it to the mental health authorities and ask them to intervene. They may put him in restraints and medicate and isolate him -- it is an extreme situation and the effects can be traumatic and unpredictable.

Long-term therapy and standard psychiatric courses of treatments (drugs) have mixed success rates -- although group therapy seems to increase the success rate substantially. Moreover, all these things require the earnest participation and commitment of the patient himself over the long term.

It is possible that medical intervention could have saved him, but there is no way to know for certain and you cannot change the past. "Standard" mental health treatments are really very much still in their infancy.

The one thing you may take from this going forward is to report any instance of suicide intentions and plans. But I very much hope that you will never be in this situation again. Treat yourself gently right now, if you can. Try to be compassionate, forgiving, and nonjudgmental with yourself.

Sending love and light
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke