Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 AM
pathtosirius

Diet

Reiki practitioners, what are your diet and whether if you think that your diet makes a difference during the healing session/attunement or even your everyday life? and whether if you have made changes to it after having your first Reiki attunement?
Old 09-11-2014, 07:57 PM
AnandinBhisajKurma

Good question. There is a lot of materials to read online about this, but I'll share my experience.

Before attunement:

-I had already, in the months prior, quit drinking and all mind altering substances, having devoted myself to healthier living. So this was not a challenge I had to overcome as a result of my attunement, nor would I expect it of anyone else, though I do suggest it because it feels nice.

-I made up my mind to take an overall healthier stance on my eating habits. Being an American surrounded on all sides by advertisements and cheese, growing up with a mother who was a Taco Bell enthusiast, I expected a great challenge lay before me.

-I used the cleansing period as an opportunity to eat according to my chakra. If the reiki was clearing out my energy centers to allow for the flow of healing, why not cleanse my diet at the same? I researched foods that help to stimulate each chakra, mostly raw foods, loaded up the pantry before attunement, and held myself to a strict diet, eating my way up through the chakra for the following 3 weeks.

After attunement:

-I adhered to my eating plan for the cleansing weeks, ridding myself of preservatives, processed foods, and sugars. It seemed to help the vibrations flow a little more readily.

-I am more in the habit of feeding wholesome foods to my body now, though I do allow myself pizza. Because pizza is awesome. I just go for as healthy of a pizza as possible.

-Part of the attunement process is assuming responsibility for your own healing. If you believe, or feel intuitively, that the healing of yourself involves changing your diet, that probably isn't an accident. I noticed I was naturally more inclined to respect my body after attunement. The fact that you've come here asking could mean there may be some blockage or another in your energies that pertains to your diet? Only you can tell such a thing.

-In general, I am sticking to fruits, veggies, nuts, and whole grains.

I would say this though; if you'd like to change your diet and overall health, do it for yourself and your quality-of-life-experience on earth, not necessarily just because of your reiki practice.

I wish you a happy cleansing and a great journey.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:17 PM
pathtosirius

Yes indeed :), I do believe that taking care of your own body is like taking care of your temple.

I have been maintaining my diet, being aware of the above, mainly just vegetables, nuts, fruits and others, not touching any meat nor alcoholic beverages, and making sure that I am taking in essential food for years, but what you have mentioned about eating foods that helps to stimulate each chakra, is interesting, might it be that eating according to the colors of the chakras? or?

I found that this topic or question is interesting to ask around and see what the others do for themselves :).
Old 11-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandinBhisajKurma
Good question. There is a lot of materials to read online about this, but I'll share my experience.

Before attunement:

-I had already, in the months prior, quit drinking and all mind altering substances, having devoted myself to healthier living. So this was not a challenge I had to overcome as a result of my attunement, nor would I expect it of anyone else, though I do suggest it because it feels nice.

-I made up my mind to take an overall healthier stance on my eating habits. Being an American surrounded on all sides by advertisements and cheese, growing up with a mother who was a Taco Bell enthusiast, I expected a great challenge lay before me.

-I used the cleansing period as an opportunity to eat according to my chakra. If the reiki was clearing out my energy centers to allow for the flow of healing, why not cleanse my diet at the same? I researched foods that help to stimulate each chakra, mostly raw foods, loaded up the pantry before attunement, and held myself to a strict diet, eating my way up through the chakra for the following 3 weeks.

After attunement:

-I adhered to my eating plan for the cleansing weeks, ridding myself of preservatives, processed foods, and sugars. It seemed to help the vibrations flow a little more readily.

-I am more in the habit of feeding wholesome foods to my body now, though I do allow myself pizza. Because pizza is awesome. I just go for as healthy of a pizza as possible.

-Part of the attunement process is assuming responsibility for your own healing. If you believe, or feel intuitively, that the healing of yourself involves changing your diet, that probably isn't an accident. I noticed I was naturally more inclined to respect my body after attunement. The fact that you've come here asking could mean there may be some blockage or another in your energies that pertains to your diet? Only you can tell such a thing.

-In general, I am sticking to fruits, veggies, nuts, and whole grains.

I would say this though; if you'd like to change your diet and overall health, do it for yourself and your quality-of-life-experience on earth, not necessarily just because of your reiki practice.

I wish you a happy cleansing and a great journey.
i too recieved attunement last week. this week the energy flow seems much stronger and as you said i can feel my chakras being cleansed. nyways i didnot think of the food habit. what it feels like in the cleansing period????
today my head is extreme cold and now its discomforting
Old 22-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Master
I've dropped chocolate, coffee, eggs, meat, and for the most part, dairy (i still have some yogurt...) and it seems to work. I've never drank much for sodas, alcohols and sugary drinks, so that was no problem.

Trying to get sugar out of my diet but that's really hard still. Nonetheless, diet really does help. I went from feeling nothing at all when Reiki was activated, to feeling a tingling in my fingers, and recently my fingers started to heat up randomly.

So there's definite progress. It's just slow. Probably cause of the sugar, lol. Most I can do right now is cut back, and I'm doing just that.
Old 23-11-2014, 04:30 AM
AnandinBhisajKurma

Yes, mostly the colors of the foods correspond, making it pretty easy to nourish each chakra individually. And its fun to get creative and incorporate ALL the colors into one dish or meal (which of course is good for the sacral chakra with all the creativity flowing.)

Some seem to work across many chakra, and there are a few strange ones that I wouldn't have guessed without researching.

Few examples of ones i commonly use:

Root- potatoes(being a "root" veggie), apples, radishes, red meat if you swing that way

Sacral- oranges, carrots, peaches, yams (though carrots and yams are both root veggies, so I'd imagine they count in that chakra, too)

Solar Plexus- Whole grains, lemons, chamomile, Mangoes. I've heard avoiding processed sugars is super helpful here.

Heart- Spinach, broccoli, kale, all those leafy greens, avocados(avocados are also nourishing to the third eye, because of the omega fatty acids)

Throat- not a lot of blue foods, but blueberries are in this category a little, and anything watery (soups and stews, salsas, and also celery, cabbage, and lettuce because of the high water content I'd imagine). Hydration is a key element with this chakra it seems.

Third eye- Fish (pick something high in omega fatty acids), nuts, and blueberries cross over into this chakra as well. I've heard a great way to move energy into this chakra is through fasting, but careful with this option if your body isnt accustomed to going without food. Passing out could be a spiritual experience, but could be dangerous too.

Crown- Fresh air, clean water, and sunshine. Pure foods, blessed with reiki energy or prayed over. Honor the food. I'll quote "The Prophet" now, because this is really the message I am trying to portray.

Quote:
Would that you could live on the fragrance of the earth, and like an air plant be sustained by the light.
But since you must kill to eat, and rob the young of its mother's milk to quench your thirst, let it then be an act of worship,
And let your board stand an altar on which the pure and the innocent of forest and plain are sacrificed for that which is purer and still more innocent in many.
When you kill a beast say to him in your heart,
"By the same power that slays you, I to am slain; and I too shall be consumed.
For the law that delivered you into my hand shall deliver me into a mightier hand.
Your blood and my blood is naught but the sap that feeds the tree of heaven." And when you crush an apple with your teeth, say to it in your heart,
"Your seeds shall live in my body,
And the buds of your tomorrow shall blossom in my heart,
And your fragrance shall be my breath, And together we shall rejoice through all the seasons."

Google is your best friend here. "eating for the chakra" will yield some good results.

Happy nourishment to you friends.