Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Master

Hi AC, I never doubted your capacity to look outside the box, and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote, but to move on, some questions, for discussions sake, and for anyone interested in forwarding the discussion.

Did human beings love each other, before the word love or the rationality of it exist?

Is self- love a selfish experience as compared to a selfless shared love?

Is there a difference between, being in love and loving?

Can love start and stop?

Is there a difference between receiving love, and giving love?

Can love be lost?

If one does not know love, how do they find it?

Open to any and all answers, for the sake of clarity.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Humm

This will have to wait - out of time.

Last edited by Humm : 12-12-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:46 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Tzu...i understand your decision, and my reminder to you is not a form of manipulation, but you did say you prefered "open and honest" communication.
If you ignore Humm, can the problem between you and humm be resolved?
And, is not the problem between you and Humm, a micro of the feud powderkeg problem some of us have decided to get into to resolve?

I did warn all that this will not be a fun journey, but it has potential for being enriching.
I have just returned from a weekend event where there was no internet access, so.. having just finished reading what has transpired since my previous post, i am at ease with my choices.. I do prefer open and honest communication, i carefully and openly and honestly used the ignore feature to almost remove Humm's unpleasantness, but.. when his posts are quoted in someone else's posts, they show-up anyhow, which further reinforces my choice to try to eliminate that unpleasantness.. You, AC, and i, agreed to open and honest communication after Humm became irrelevant in my attempts to have productive discussions on this forum and after i placed him on my ignore list, a list of one.. i hope that you can respect that clearly articulated choice..

Aside from that.. I applaud Papa Bear's attempt, but.. it fails for the reasons many others do, it assumes that others agree with his understanding of the word Love, and.. if not, then the rationalizations as to why his perspective is best begin.. 'Love' is a meaning we assign to a word, unique to each individual's understanding, so.. the following questions do not mean the same to everyone, less so the answers, yet.. the questions are structured as if to elicit a common agreement..
Did human beings love each other, before the word love or the rationality of it exist?

Can love start and stop?

Can love be lost?

as i have suggested, to no avail, why don't we look for those understandings we CAN agree on, and build from there.. rather than the prevailing "Love is all" beliefs.. if we can start with what we CAN agree on, there's at least a foundation..

Be well..
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Master

Hi Tzu, welcome back, I missed your rationality;

“Aside from that.. I applaud Papa Bear's attempt, but.. it fails for the reasons many others do, it assumes that others agree with his understanding of the word Love, and.. if not, then the rationalizations as to why his perspective is best begin.. 'Love' is a meaning we assign to a word, unique to each individual's understanding, so.. the following questions do not mean the same to everyone, less so the answers, yet.. the questions are structured as if to elicit a common agreement..

Can love start and stop?

Can love be lost?

as i have suggested, to no avail, why don't we look for those understandings we CAN agree on, and build from there.. rather than the prevailing "Love is all" beliefs.. if we can start with what we CAN agree on, there's at least a foundation..”

"I applaud Papa Bear's attempt, but.. it fails for the reasons many others do, it assumes that others agree with his understanding of the word Love, and.. if not, then the rationalizations as to why his perspective is best begin”
The word and rationalization of its meaning, is the farthest thing from my intention, I reflect the essence of my own experience, when reflecting an understanding of love which diminishes the alternative rationality of its worded meaning. But the word that stands out to me is `best` in most if not all responses to my own reflections, most disagreed, this did not lead to my over rationalization of the meaning of the word, rather the opposite. Because there is no best in my vocabulary or intention.

My intention while instinctively forming those questions, hoped and expected every variation of personal answer, so I do not understand your expectation, that I sought to “elicit a common agreement” from such a variety of questions.

Open to any and all answers, for the sake of clarity. Reflects my hope for a continuation of exploration of the topic of the thread, for as I have reflected in previous threads, I believe the wider the variation of expressions, the fuller the available knowledge for the observing reader of the thread to learn from.

I would love to find agreement with anyone or everyone, in any thread, when I have, I have reflected a recognition and happiness at its discovery, even with yourself Tsu. So glad to have you back, where in love can we find common ground? Do you have an answer to any of the questions, I may respond to.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:53 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Hi Tzu, welcome back, I missed your rationality;

“Aside from that.. I applaud Papa Bear's attempt, but.. it fails for the reasons many others do, it assumes that others agree with his understanding of the word Love, and.. if not, then the rationalizations as to why his perspective is best begin.. 'Love' is a meaning we assign to a word, unique to each individual's understanding, so.. the following questions do not mean the same to everyone, less so the answers, yet.. the questions are structured as if to elicit a common agreement..

Can love start and stop?

Can love be lost?

as i have suggested, to no avail, why don't we look for those understandings we CAN agree on, and build from there.. rather than the prevailing "Love is all" beliefs.. if we can start with what we CAN agree on, there's at least a foundation..”

"I applaud Papa Bear's attempt, but.. it fails for the reasons many others do, it assumes that others agree with his understanding of the word Love, and.. if not, then the rationalizations as to why his perspective is best begin”
The word and rationalization of its meaning, is the farthest thing from my intention, I reflect the essence of my own experience, when reflecting an understanding of love which diminishes the alternative rationality of its worded meaning. But the word that stands out to me is `best` in most if not all responses to my own reflections, most disagreed, this did not lead to my over rationalization of the meaning of the word, rather the opposite. Because there is no best in my vocabulary or intention.

My intention while instinctively forming those questions, hoped and expected every variation of personal answer, so I do not understand your expectation, that I sought to “elicit a common agreement” from such a variety of questions.

Open to any and all answers, for the sake of clarity. Reflects my hope for a continuation of exploration of the topic of the thread, for as I have reflected in previous threads, I believe the wider the variation of expressions, the fuller the available knowledge for the observing reader of the thread to learn from.

I would love to find agreement with anyone or everyone, in any thread, when I have, I have reflected a recognition and happiness at its discovery, even with yourself Tsu. So glad to have you back, where in love can we find common ground? Do you have an answer to any of the questions, I may respond to.
Hi Papa Bear: I humbly apologize, i returned from a very intense weekend to find things much as they were when i left.. and, to find your reflections introduced into the mix, still relating to the abstraction of a word's relationship with the experiencer's interpretations of experiences, well.. and, it's nothing reflecting on you, but i have to wonder as to people's willingness to actually explore..

As long as we are using the word 'Love' to try to discover the cause of our misunderstandings about the word 'Love', the misunderstandings will be attached.. so, an interesting exercise might be to try to understand why we rely on that word to describe so many and such varied 'feelings'.. I wonder what your questions would look like if you didn't use the 'word' Love, but.. if you described the 'feeling' associated with your understanding of the question asked.. Just a thought..

Be well..
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Master
ahhh Isnt it simply WONDERFUL to LOVE .. regardless...........

The alternate isn't that grand IMO ...

Love makes the world go round ..

and this thread .. :)

it's certainly taking shape in all forms .. what Fun it is .

:)
Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
I love many posts on here ... they are absolutely delightful ... I have copied and pasted mine and AC ..as that is approved .

Love and Light To All

And Silvergirl You always make me smile *hug*
RE: copying and pasting. Smiler, have you created an Enabling thread somewheres?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Master
Yes I have AC ... Called it... Large Hearts ..stretching and growing minds :)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote,

It's all done manually and pretty simple to pick up.
If it's a lot of text, I copy it all to Wordpad, create it then copy it to the thread reply box

In order to show the function, the [] brackets have been replaced with these {}
So when you see {}, replace them with [] to make the quote function work.

{quote} - this is the start of the quote
{/quote} - this it the end of the quote
{quote=whoeva} - this is the start of a quote with the name of who is being quoted.

Single quote:

{quote=Papa Bear}and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote,{/quote}
Looks like...
Quote:
and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote,

Quote inside quote:

{quote=AC}{quote=Papa Bear}and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote{/quote}
It's all done manually.{/quote}
looks like...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Quote:
and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote
It's all done manually.

Quote inside quote inside quote:
EDIT: I've decided to give god an english accent

{quote=God}{quote=AC}{quote=Papa Bear}and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote{/quote}
It's all done manually.{/quote}
'Ello ello ello, what's all this then squires?{/quote}
looks like...
Quote:
Originally Posted by God
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
Quote:
and I envy your capacity to quote within a quote
It's all done manually.
'Ello ello ello, what's all this then squires?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Yes I have AC ... Called it... Large Hearts ..stretching and growing minds :)
Sweet ! Where? and will get to it tomorrow morn, nearly sleepy bye byes for me.
Closed Thread